Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:08 pm

Programs: LH M&M, AF/KL Gold, EK silver, GF silver
Routing changed

Just came back from AZ office at DUS. Got my actual and new itineraries printed for the 2 flights that were not listed on Orbitz but listed with old routing on mytripsandmore. Now the 2 flights LCA-FCO-JFK-YYZ changed to 1x LCA-FCO-MXP-YYZ and 1x LCA-MXP-YYZ.
They told me that they could not give me new tickets for the changed segments, I should contact Orbitz to get them.
I also noticed that AZ made a day change for the return flights: I have to stay one more day in LCA.
All changed flights are still in business class (except domestic FCO-MXP).
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
the saga continues

recieved 2 tickets via UPS (longest 2-day service ever) from Orbitz on 4/11/06

tickets printed as originally purchased, dated 4/5/06:

17FEB YYZ-MXP (AZ)--assigned seats 1C/2D
18FEB MXP-LCA (AZ/CY)

24FEB LCA-FCO (AZ/CY)
24FEB FCO-JFK (AZ)--assigned seat 1C
25FEB JFK-YYZ (AA)--assigned seats 5B/5C

....been checking "my trips" on orbitz.com, info has now been updated to read

Flight reservation
Sat, Feb 17, 2007
Departs 5:05pm, Arrives 7:25am
Alitalia 653
Toronto, Canada to Milan, Italy

Sun, Feb 18, 2007
Departs 1:35pm, Arrives 6:00pm
Alitalia 7706
Milan, Italy to Larnaca, Cyprus

Fri, Feb 23, 2007
Departs 9:40am, Arrives 12:35pm
Alitalia 7707
Larnaca, Cyprus to Milan, Italy

Sat, Feb 24, 2007
Departs 10:40am, Arrives 2:10pm
Alitalia 652
American Airlines 4766
Milan, Italy to Toronto, Canada

Change ideas:

1) change ticket dates to summer of 07.

2) keep dates but change original flight to Rome (stopover) earlier

now what? call to orbitz? call to AZ? even though the original itin was not ideal, I just lost a day in lovely lca........
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*
Update

Update: I logged on to Orbitz this afternoon and my tickets have been automatically reinstated ^ I didn't even call Orbitz and asked them to do so. Yesterday it showed cancelled and now it's back the way it was when I first booked the ticket. Anyone else have their ticket automatically reinstated?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Boutet Olly
Update: I logged on to Orbitz this afternoon and my tickets have been automatically reinstated ^ I didn't even call Orbitz and asked them to do so. Yesterday it showed cancelled and now it's back the way it was when I first booked the ticket. Anyone else have their ticket automatically reinstated?

What is your departure date?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
What is your departure date?

Jan 18th, 2007

Edit: The fare rules have been modified . Below you will find the new fare rules which were posted with my reinstated itinerary on Orbitz:

Penalties

If this ticket is non-refundable, changes to this ticket will incur an airline change fee of up to $250 per ticket and an Orbitz exchange fee of $30 per ticket.

FOR TRAVEL ON/AFTER 21MAY06 - USE NEW TVL DTE FOR ADDL RULES CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED IN CASE OF REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
Return to top
Travel Restrictions

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Blackout Dates

BLACKOUT DATES: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Seasonality

SEASONALITY: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Flight Applications

FLIGHT APPLICATIONS: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Day/Time Application

DAY/TIME APPLICATION: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Minimum Stay

MINIMUM STAY: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Maximum Stay

MAXIMUM STAY: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Surcharges (included in your fare)

SURCHARGES: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Other discount/miscellaneous mileage info

OTHER DISCOUNT: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Accompanied Travel

ACCOMPANIED TRAVEL: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Eligibility

ELIGIBILITY: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Application Rule

BUSINESS CLASS RESTRICTED FARES BETWEEN CANADA AND AREA 2/3 APPLICATION AREA THESE FARES APPLY BETWEEN CANADA AND AREA 2/AREA 3. CLASS OF SERVICE THESE FARES APPLY FOR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE. TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION THIS RULE GOVERNS ONE-WAY AND ROUND-TRIP FARES. FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE ONE-WAY/ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/OPEN-JAW JOURNEYS. THESE FARES DO NOT APPLY RETROACTIVELY. THESE FARES APPLY ONLY WHEN SUCH FARES ARE PURCHASED PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF TRAVEL. ---- ON THE DOMESTIC SECTOR WITHIN CANADA AND ON TRANSBORDER FLIGHTS BETWEEN CANADA AND BOS/CHI/ NYC THE PASSENGERS WILL BE SEATED IN THE ECONOMY CLASS CABIN. CAPACITY LIMITATIONS THE CARRIER SHALL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON ANY ONE FLIGHT AT FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE AND SUCH FARES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE AVAILABLE ON ALL FLIGHTS. THE NUMBER OF SEATS WHICH THE CARRIER SHALL MAKE AVAILABLE ON A GIVEN FLIGHT WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CARRIERS BEST JUDGMENT OTHER CONDITIONS FULL AND SEQUENTIAL USE OF FLIGHT COUPONS - THE TICKET/OR ELECTRONIC TICKET/IS NOT VALID IF THE FIRST COUPON HAS NOT BEEN USED AND WILL NOT BE HONORED IF ALL THE COUPONS ARE NOT USED IN THE SEQUENCE PROVIDED IN THE TICKET/OR ELECTRONIC TICKET/.
Return to top
Advance reservations/ticketing

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING RESTRICTIONS: NO RESTRICTION
Return to top
Combinability

DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED. ADD-ONS PERMITTED. END-ON-END END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE POINT OF COMBINATION. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS WITH AZ FARES -TO FORM SINGLE OPEN JAWS OPEN JAWS NOTE - WHERE RULE CONDITIONS DIFFER THE MORE RESTRICTIVE WILL APPLY TO THE ENTIRE JOURNEY. -TO FORM ROUND TRIPS EXCEPT FOR AROUND-THE-WORLD FARES -TO FORM CIRCLE TRIPS EXCEPT FOR AROUND-THE-WORLD FARES. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE OF THE SAME FARE TYPE FOR CARRIER AZ IN ANY RULE IN TARIFF IPRAI - BETWEEN THE USA/CANADA-AREA 2/3 VIA ATL. COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR CARRIER AZ IN ANY RULE IN TARIFF IPRA - BETWEEN USA/CA-AREA 2/3 AND GUAM-AREA 2. COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR CARRIER AZ IN ANY RULE IN TARIFF IPRAI - BETWEEN THE USA/CANADA-AREA 2/3 VIA ATL. COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR CARRIER AC WITHIN CANADA IN ANY RULE IN ANY TARIFF.
Return to top
Transfers

8 TRANSFERS PERMITTED - 4 IN EACH DIRECTION. 1 AT THE DEPARTURE GATEWAY IN NORTH AMERICA 1 AT THE ARRIVAL GATEWAY IN NORTH AMERICA 1 ONLINE IN NORTH AMERICA IN EACH DIRECTION 2 ONLINE IN AREA 2/AREA 3 IN EACH DIRECTION.
Return to top
Stopovers

STOPOVERS: NOT PERMITTED
Return to top

Last edited by Boutet Olly; Apr 13, 2006 at 12:43 pm Reason: Add new fare rules
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by juanitajh
....Change ideas:

1) change ticket dates to summer of 07...
Most airlines do not allow reservations more than ~330 days in advance and most airline tickets expire 1 year after issue anyway.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by dhacker
Most airlines do not allow reservations more than ~330 days in advance and most airline tickets expire 1 year after issue anyway.
understood--was going to wait until the fall 06
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Jan 18th, 2007
so much for reinstating in order of travel...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum

Same here. I just called and got our seats assigned for YYZ-MXP.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:06 pm

Well I guess Orbitz just hates me. Because mine isn't done. Nor is Orbitz replying to my emails.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Mine got reinstated too automatically. But they did it wrong.

One of my legs is missing.

YYZ-MXP-LCA
MXP-YYZ

What happend to my LCA-MXP???????

Need to call in.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:07 pm

FOR TRAVEL ON/AFTER 21MAY06 - USE NEW TVL DTE FOR ADDL RULES
what exactly does this phrase mean? was the original fare good only for departures after may 21st, so they're "amending" the fare rules to apply only to the mistake fares?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:08 pm

Update: I logged on to Orbitz this afternoon and my tickets have been automatically reinstated
Mine are reinstated too. I literally saw it happen. I logged in after seeing this post, and the trip was still under cancelled tickets. Then, I logged in again a few minutes later and had the trip listed as an upcoming one. They completely dropped LCA-MXP (but not MXP-LCA) legs. I guess I will have to swim across the mediterannean . Time to call.

Edit: my trip starts August 11th .

Last edited by mahleria; Apr 13, 2006 at 1:10 pm Reason: added dates
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by umguy
Well I guess Orbitz just hates me. Because mine isn't done. Nor is Orbitz replying to my emails.
Ditto here, but I do have tickets so I am just waiting patiently!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dhacker
AZ tickets are valid for one year from date of issue but once flown the tickets are good for up to 12 months from date of first flown flight or something like that.

My Feb 17th, 2005-issued AZ tickets have been used and continue to be used more than one year from date of issue. The AZ contract of carriage terms posted somewhere in this thread by me indicate such too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.