Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): BUD & CPH - SIN with LOT for €550 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): BUD & CPH - SIN with LOT for €550 rt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 6:52 am
Original Poster

LOT informed me weeks back that my December flights were not operating. On some days, there is flights between WAW & SIN. If you're unlucky, those are your flights.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 2:54 am
Suspended

I hadn't booked this one to SIN but to ICN. My flights still show as operating.

Fortunately, though, I could get it rebooked via LOT's web form. They put me on a different flight no. for the feeder flight into WAW. That constitutes a cancellation under EC261. So I felt relatively safe legally had they put up a fight. They didn't. I really have to commend LOT's team for rebooking to my new desired dates within an hour of me sending off the web form.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
I hadn't booked this one to SIN but to ICN. My flights still show as operating.

Fortunately, though, I could get it rebooked via LOT's web form. They put me on a different flight no. for the feeder flight into WAW. That constitutes a cancellation under EC261. So I felt relatively safe legally had they put up a fight. They didn't. I really have to commend LOT's team for rebooking to my new desired dates within an hour of me sending off the web form.
Different flight number with same origin? Or could you change that?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Different flight number with same origin? Or could you change that?
I did not ask for a change of origin so unfortunately, I can't offer any info for you.

The reason I brought up the flight no. was just to make clear it was a cancellation in the sense of the EU's regulation 261. They rebooked me from LOxyz to LO1xyz. So I was taken off LOxyz which constitutes a cancellation. Therefore, I felt I was on the safe side from a legal perspective.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:04 pm

LOT changes the rebooking conditions for canceled flights:

If your trip takes place between March 15, 2020 and March 31, 2021, you can change your departure dates for flights up to December 31, 2021 (the entire trip) free of charge within one year of purchasing the ticket. Only one free-of-charge change is possible.

If your trip begins on / after April 1, 2021 Ticket can be changed without any additional cost within +/- 30 days since the original travel date in the same compartment. If there are no flights available in schedule within +/- 30 days are counted from the first available scheduled flight. In case of tariff difference – it must be collected in newly issued ticket.

https://www.lot.com/pl/en/flexible-rebooking-options
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
guys, LOT just cancelled all of their flights to SIN until november 2021.
I called them actually 2 days ago and requested reticketing to another date, fortunately I am now able to park the ticket until february 2022 (1year validity).
I hope your ticket wont be cancelled if you had validity until march 2021 like me... let me know.
no_idea and Travel-Quinten like this.

Last edited by fridgy; Feb 15, 2021 at 7:54 am
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by fridgy
guys, LOT just cancelled all of their flights to SIN until november 2021.
I called them actually 2 days ago and requested reticketing to another date, fortunately I am now able to park the ticket until february 2022 (1year validity).
I hope your ticket wont be cancelled if you had validity until march 2021 like me... let me know.
I just called the polish hotline and moved the trip to 12/2021; free of charge.
fridgy likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:57 am

@no_idea as I assume you had tickets for flights to Singapore ?
According to the terms of the ticket change "If there are no flights available in schedule within +/- 30 days are counted from the first available scheduled flight".
Flights to Singapore will not resume until 1 November 2021.

I wonder how it will be with canceled tickets to Seoul
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:14 pm

@the_new_one : Yes, tickets to SIN, now for 12/2021 and hopefully I can use it after 3 moves.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by the_new_one
@no_idea

I wonder how it will be with canceled tickets to Seoul
Just call them up and ask. As always very friendly staff in WAW.
Travel-Quinten and fridgy like this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:09 am

I have BUD-SIN ticket which was first for May 2020. I did not change since I had still time to select new dates. And now they cancelled all flights. I called LOT and they said that it is impossible to change the dates beyond one year of the original flight. Disappointing... I have written a complaint... we will see.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: LH FTL, QR Gold, EK Silver, Etihad Silver
I had my original ticket CPH-SIN for May 2020, then got reschudled for Feb 2021, then again for June 2021 (at the second attempt, cause the first agent told me it was beyond the expiry date), and yesterday I managed to reschedule it again for Feb 2022 - at the LOT ticket desk in Warsaw- the agent did it with few clicks and my new ticket was already in my email ;-)
andigoeskiwi and fridgy like this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by man4business
I have BUD-SIN ticket which was first for May 2020. I did not change since I had still time to select new dates. And now they cancelled all flights. I called LOT and they said that it is impossible to change the dates beyond one year of the original flight. Disappointing... I have written a complaint... we will see.
If I'm correct, the T&C say that in case of a cancellation you've to decide between a refund, voucher or new travel date. You can make that decision up to 1 year from the ticketing date. The ticketing date was after March 7th or March 8th. So, if you didn't take the refund yet you still have 5 days. I was in the same situation and filled out a form on the LOT website to request a new travel date. Did it last night and this morning I received a new e-ticket for NOV2021.

Good luck!
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
If I'm correct, the T&C say that in case of a cancellation you've to decide between a refund, voucher or new travel date. You can make that decision up to 1 year from the ticketing date. The ticketing date was after March 7th or March 8th. So, if you didn't take the refund yet you still have 5 days. I was in the same situation and filled out a form on the LOT website to request a new travel date. Did it last night and this morning I received a new e-ticket for NOV2021.
Well thanks! I made another phone call with the same outcome :-( They stick to the regulation that the new dates cannot be beyond one year of the original ticket. I strongly opposed and suggested that very well, let they give me new dates. Of course they cannot because they cancelled all flights till Nov'21. Now I am waiting for the call back but I am really upset about the fact that some people get this extension, and some - not.

Which form did you use?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by man4business
Well thanks! I made another phone call with the same outcome :-( They stick to the regulation that the new dates cannot be beyond one year of the original ticket. I strongly opposed and suggested that very well, let they give me new dates. Of course they cannot because they cancelled all flights till Nov'21. Now I am waiting for the call back but I am really upset about the fact that some people get this extension, and some - not.

Which form did you use?
I would not call, but use this form.

The site linking to that form says:

2. Reschedule your trip for another date

If you don't have any plans for your next trip yet, take your time. You can choose a new travel date for any date before December 31, 2021. If your trip takes place between March 15, 2020 and March 31, 2021, you can change your departure dates for flights up to December 31, 2021 (the entire trip) free of charge within one year of purchasing the ticket. Only one free-of-charge change is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.