Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): BUD & CPH - SIN with LOT for 550 rt

(prem fare gone): BUD & CPH - SIN with LOT for 550 rt

Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fridgy
anyone here that still has tickets? any outcome? Iam dying to reroute to TYO or ICN...
Nope, LOT canceled without willing to rebook me. Rebooked myself on different airline and now claiming the extra costs with LOT.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Nope, LOT canceled without willing to rebook me. Rebooked myself on different airline and now claiming the extra costs with LOT.
Are you doing this through the NEB? Courts? Or not got that far yet?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Are you doing this through the NEB? Courts? Or not got that far yet?
Through the neb of Denmark, see earlier in the thread.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do they have enforcement powers in Danish law?
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Through the neb of Denmark, see earlier in the thread.
Is there any news from your claim Quinten?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Is there any news from your claim Quinten?
After hearing both sides and answering extra questions, we are now waiting for the final ruling.
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
After hearing both sides and answering extra questions, we are now waiting for the final ruling.
Did you travel the same dates as the original booking?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Did you travel the same dates as the original booking?
No, I travelled at a later date.
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
hi guys, any news for you? My ticket expires in 2 weeks, Ive been calling LOT a LOT lately and they say only refund available :/
Old Dec 26, 2022, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fridgy
hi guys, any news for you? My ticket expires in 2 weeks, Ive been calling LOT a LOT lately and they say only refund available :/
So, how did it end? Im still waiting for the final ruling of the Danish aviation authority.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 3:46 am
Original Poster

The Danish NEB came out with its ruling today. In short: LOT cancelled my flight and did not offer me rerouting. I booked myself an alternative flight, a few months later. The authority ruled that LOT does NOT have to pay the extra costs for that flight, as I left too much time between the original flight date (Singapore was closed due to covid) and the new trip.

"The air carrier is obligated to offer passengers the choice between reimbursement or re-routing, in which the passenger was not offered in this case." and "It is the evaluation of the Authority that the intent of Article 8(1)(c) in the Regulation is to assure an obligation for the air carrier to offer the passenger a replacement flight for their original scheduled flight. It is not the intent to give the passengers the opportunity to leave their tickets open to purchase a ticket, so that they can travel a year after the cancellation of a scheduled flight as the Authority sees this as a new journey. As such, it is the evaluation of the Authority that the passengers own re-routing is not considered comparable transport conditions in accordance with Article 8(1)(c)."
Old May 16, 2023, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No surprise. The Danish NEB has been criticised for being favorable to the airlines in its administration of the rules. This decision seems to be in line with this (although I understand the point made in the decision which is not unreasonable).
Travel-Quinten and fridgy like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the statute of limitations in DK? You could sue if its still got enough time, or probably, the clock was stopped as soon as you started the process with NEB and started again when the decision was made. It would cost LOT a pretty penny to put up a lawyer in DK.

Is there any history of them ruling in favour of pax for rebooking in a closer time? Many airlines believe Article 8 (1)(c) is just days never mind weeks, month or a year.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
3 years. But the ruling from NEB will the first exhibit in the defence from LOT...
SPN Lifer and DiamondMile like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.