Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{prem fare gone}: Tk: Mnl - ord/nyc/bos/mia/iad/iah J-$1400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

{prem fare gone}: Tk: Mnl - ord/nyc/bos/mia/iad/iah J-$1400

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by whitethunder
Ive called TK twice and I have no idea what to do first agent said i can rebook whole trip before may 31 for free, I did not at the time as I wanted to change my re-positioning flights first

second time calling after three agents I was told the may31st for free thing is wrong and any rebookings the change fee only is waived and I still have to pay the fare difference, which is astronomical like over 2000-3500USD

I can rebook the same trip now for 400 USD more than it was on this sale.

They also say no refunds

Any suggestions??
I'm in a similar boat. Flights are in 10 days. I've had 3 10 minute schedule adjustments to my flights, they will only refund if greater than 15 minutes. Given that theres no chance in hell I'm going, i've filed a chargeback with the bank for the schedule change. Im betting that they are so overwhelmed that they may not even respond to it.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sgan317
I'm in a similar boat. Flights are in 10 days. I've had 3 10 minute schedule adjustments to my flights, they will only refund if greater than 15 minutes. Given that theres no chance in hell I'm going, i've filed a chargeback with the bank for the schedule change. Im betting that they are so overwhelmed that they may not even respond to it.
how does the chargeback work exactly, why would the bank refund me if the flights are still flying as planned??

I am considering calling again and asking to move the outbound to the end of may and leave my return in june, I just don't know if things will get better by then....

I wish TK would just let me get a refund.

Anyone have any experience with an "open ticket" on TK? Their site says I can do that and choose to use it later, could i use that "open ticket" for a completely different itin much much later in the year?

thanks
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
I'm in a similar boat. Flights are in 10 days. I've had 3 10 minute schedule adjustments to my flights, they will only refund if greater than 15 minutes. Given that there's no chance in hell I'm going, i've filed a chargeback with the bank for the schedule change. Im betting that they are so overwhelmed that they may not even respond to it.
On the otherhand, they might respond to it and say that the ticket is not cancelled and the flight numbers you are going on went as planned, with only an immaterial change of 10 minutes. Some banks then impose charges on for what are then deemed invalid chargebacks.

I am planning a chargeback against Royal Brunei, who have cancelled my flight and say they will only allow me to refund with a handling fee. I would make a chargeback for the value of the handling fee, but first I need to see what they choose to do.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
I think it will depend upon your Nationality too as Turkish couldn’t take you to USA if u are not US National so they have to refund it
not sure about date change without Fare difference, my flight is in May so I am still waiting, will call them in April
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by whitethunder
how does the chargeback work exactly, why would the bank refund me if the flights are still flying as planned??

I am considering calling again and asking to move the outbound to the end of may and leave my return in june, I just don't know if things will get better by then....

I wish TK would just let me get a refund.

Anyone have any experience with an "open ticket" on TK? Their site says I can do that and choose to use it later, could i use that "open ticket" for a completely different itin much much later in the year?

thanks
And Turkish just cancelled flights to the Phillipines through April 13.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:32 pm

And Turkish just cancelled flights to the Phillipines through April 13.
As of March 24th, mine is the 23rd, I filled out a webform on their site 2 days ago and I will call tonight to try and change the dates to november, should hopefully be Ok by then, if they again refuse I will have to contact my CC company for a chargeback I guess, last resort...
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:31 am

Mine is tonight as well. We tried going to JFK TK counter yesterday but they were closed due to cancelled flights. Apparently this is a Turkish government directive effective immediately on March 21st, and on TK website, my flight does not exist any more which is a good sign. The thing is they changed my outbound flight from JFK multiple times by 10 min and online it won't let me cancel because of the latest change not having been confirmed. Really annoying. My husband also tried calling the customer service in Turkey with MS number. He got through and they apparently said they will refund the money but due to bad connection, he couldn't complete the call. We put in the request online. We will see how this develops...
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by travellingdoc1121
Mine is tonight as well. We tried going to JFK TK counter yesterday but they were closed due to cancelled flights. Apparently this is a Turkish government directive effective immediately on March 21st, and on TK website, my flight does not exist any more which is a good sign. The thing is they changed my outbound flight from JFK multiple times by 10 min and online it won't let me cancel because of the latest change not having been confirmed. Really annoying. My husband also tried calling the customer service in Turkey with MS number. He got through and they apparently said they will refund the money but due to bad connection, he couldn't complete the call. We put in the request online. We will see how this develops...
I think the key is the web feedback form. I did it several days ago. I then called back late last night (afternoon manila time day of departure) and I was eventually transferred to "Customer Relations" after giving the web feedback form number. The Customer Relations guy was awesome changed my flights no issue to the dates I wanted in October / November, spoke way better english than all the other regular agents, even booked 2 segments in "K" class as opposed to "J" so I get 125% miles on UA so I ended up OK overall, pretty happy how it turned out.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
My MNL-IST flight was cancelled with a message to phone them. Did so, got through straight away to someone with good English. They said they can refund, change dates, or keep as open booking to February 2021. So really happy with that!

Now, the decision! I think it's still a good price and I'd be more inclined to change dates, rather than refund and hope another better special is on. Risky though if they go under (hopefully unlikely given it's the national airline). Anyone got a crystal ball?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by k_sheep
Anyone got a crystal ball?
Mine is saying this weeks lottery numbers are...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and the bonus ball is...6.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:12 pm

Good to know
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:21 am

Refund but not now?

After filling a ticket, I got a response: pursuant to the additional regulations added to the Civil Aviation Passenger Rights Regulation, it has been decided to refund the tickets of the flights canceled by the airline companies due to the Coronavirus, two months after lifting of the flight ban.
That sounds like a long time. End of July? Who knows if it will continue?
​​​​​​
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by travellingdoc1121
After filling a ticket, I got a response: pursuant to the additional regulations added to the Civil Aviation Passenger Rights Regulation, it has been decided to refund the tickets of the flights canceled by the airline companies due to the Coronavirus, two months after lifting of the flight ban.
That sounds like a long time. End of July? Who knows if it will continue?
​​​​​​
The Turkish Civil Aviation Directorate regulation that permits airlines to stop issuing refunds until "two months after the flight restrictions end" is still active.
If TK resumes their international flights as scheduled ( 20 May ); the earliest refund date would be 20 July 2020.

As one your flights departs from the USA, you could file a DoT complaint or request a credit card chargeback.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:07 pm

My flights were cancelled on the 17th April I think it was, phoned to request a refund. Got the spiel about 2 months but the money is back on my credit card today. Great service and will certainly make me rebook this once we can travel again!

Made $8.60 in currency conversion too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.