FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: Tk: Mnl - ord/nyc/bos/mia/iad/iah J-$1400
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:41 am
whitethunder

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travellingdoc1121
Mine is tonight as well. We tried going to JFK TK counter yesterday but they were closed due to cancelled flights. Apparently this is a Turkish government directive effective immediately on March 21st, and on TK website, my flight does not exist any more which is a good sign. The thing is they changed my outbound flight from JFK multiple times by 10 min and online it won't let me cancel because of the latest change not having been confirmed. Really annoying. My husband also tried calling the customer service in Turkey with MS number. He got through and they apparently said they will refund the money but due to bad connection, he couldn't complete the call. We put in the request online. We will see how this develops...
I think the key is the web feedback form. I did it several days ago. I then called back late last night (afternoon manila time day of departure) and I was eventually transferred to "Customer Relations" after giving the web feedback form number. The Customer Relations guy was awesome changed my flights no issue to the dates I wanted in October / November, spoke way better english than all the other regular agents, even booked 2 segments in "K" class as opposed to "J" so I get 125% miles on UA so I ended up OK overall, pretty happy how it turned out.