Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{prem fare gone}: Tk: Mnl - ord/nyc/bos/mia/iad/iah J-$1400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

{prem fare gone}: Tk: Mnl - ord/nyc/bos/mia/iad/iah J-$1400

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:29 am

Hi
for Manila to Houston via Istanbul the Turkish website only states 6384 status miles.
Cannot find the booking class anywhere on their website but it doesn't seem to be J (anymore).

Don't want to book for 6384 miles only.
Found it... it's only visible on the flight selection screen, not on the second screen of the booking process, and it's still J.

Regards
Fabian

Last edited by fabge; Nov 29, 2019 at 1:43 am
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:00 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Looks like it's expired now,.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Absolute
Looks like it's expired now,.
The fare was valid until 30th November so no surprise there
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, AK MVP
This fare is gone.

I feel the best airline to get miles on this ticket is turkish miles.

TAP gives 200% but it has crappy awards.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Don't know if anyone is still following this but I've been unable to book the stopover hotel - Philippines not on the allowed list of departure points
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:26 am

Where are people crediting?

Anyway to get *A Gold on this?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:43 am

Corona virus

My departure from Mnl is march 23rd and currently thinking about delaying the trip due to Covid19 risk. Does anyone know what the original rule was in terms of valid travel date? Was it 1 year from purchase date or from departure date? I know changed fee is $200. Thank you
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by travellingdoc1121
My departure from Mnl is march 23rd and currently thinking about delaying the trip due to Covid19 risk. Does anyone know what the original rule was in terms of valid travel date? Was it 1 year from purchase date or from departure date? I know changed fee is $200. Thank you
Ticket validity is a year from purchase, not departure, as I understand it. Either way, that's not necessarily the same as valid travel dates (travel may be limited to specific timeframes within a ticket validity). More importantly: if you change the first leg, it's not just the $200 fee; the whole ticket will be repriced at current fares. So it's important to fly the first leg as originally booked. Luckily, that was two days ago for me. Hopefully TK will declare a special waiver if the situation continues. If they do, you would be able to change travel dates with no fee and no recalculation of fare.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:07 am

No cancellations allowed either.

I'm not traveling til April, but it's beginning to look dicey. Given the Philippines are blocking entry to people who have transited multiple ports - it's getting harder to position to start these flights.

I've decided not to book any non-refundable accomodation for this one just yet!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:59 am

Looooong wait for a phone agent. Finally got through and easily got our IST-MIA-IST legs moved from April to June with no charge, per the Corona exception. We already flew MNL-IST. They also allowed us to move the October leg IST-MNL to another day in that month.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:58 am

Thanks for updating. I haven't started the trip yet so am looking at a hefty fee to change dates.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by k_sheep
Thanks for updating. I haven't started the trip yet so am looking at a hefty fee to change dates.
You should call TK and ask if they would let you change with no charge. You have nothing to lose by asking. If their exception rules are as confusing to agents as they are to me, you might have a good chance.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Went to Chicago TK office yesterday. They’re offering one time change free of charge no reprice. Didn’t have to pay anything to change it to later in the year.

On a side note, the deal is back. Little more expensive for $1850. Available to most of major airports in US as well as Canada.
Maayan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Ive called TK twice and I have no idea what to do first agent said i can rebook whole trip before may 31 for free, I did not at the time as I wanted to change my re-positioning flights first

second time calling after three agents I was told the may31st for free thing is wrong and any rebookings the change fee only is waived and I still have to pay the fare difference, which is astronomical like over 2000-3500USD

I can rebook the same trip now for 400 USD more than it was on this sale.

They also say no refunds

Any suggestions??
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:10 am
Original Poster

I’d call again until I’d get what I wanted.
Maayan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.