Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kmxu
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?
For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided. Otherwise, you may have to take advantage of TWOV (visa on arrival). Its information can be found: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/708095-china-24-72-144-hour-transit-without-visa-twov-rules-master-thread.html

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Does anyone have suggestions on status run routes for OZ FFP?

Departure airports: PEK/HKG/SIN/WAS
At first I was thinking UA/NH PE TPAC, but then I realised NH N (PE) doesn't even credit anything to OZ. Whoever did up the OZ *A accrual chart is tight-fisted...
Old May 12, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA
Trying to reach 1MM from Texas

Departure Airport: IAH, AUS, DFW
Miles Needed: as many as possible, trying to get to 1MM status in the next year, 100K to go
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): <1000
Available Travel Dates: around Sept 26 - Oct 1
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA metal
Route(s) You've Already Searched: multiple, either I’m not doing this right or there is not a lot right now out of Texas airports
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No

i keep trying to do google flights but I don’t come up with anything as good as you guys do. Do you do this as a multiple city trip and guess on itineraries or just search IAH to Asia, or IAH to Europe, etc?
Old May 12, 2019, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Draperjend
Miles Needed: as many as possible, trying to get to 1MM status in the next year, 100K to go
Route(s) You've Already Searched: multiple, either I’m not doing this right or there is not a lot right now out of Texas airports

i keep trying to do google flights but I don’t come up with anything as good as you guys do. Do you do this as a multiple city trip and guess on itineraries or just search IAH to Asia, or IAH to Europe, etc?
Courtesy of @ContinentalFan: UA: LAX - HKG or SIN at 2.72 to 3.81 cpm - see what options are available to get to LAX or see if there are similar options out of IAH.

David
Old May 13, 2019, 1:20 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Hopefully it's ok to post this type of questions here.

I just booked a PHX->HKG PE ticket for later this year. I was going to take advantage of fairly low fare I found, but realized I need another $4600 PQD to renew Platinum and decided to buy PE for extra PQM and the PQD. I believe I'm earning roughly 20-25% few PQM/$ than if I had flown Economy.

Do most people do as many cheap MR even at Y PQM earning to achieve maximum PQM/PQD earning ratio or does flying to China every other weekend take a lot out of you and you buy higher fare even though it earns less per $? My main goal is to get to 1MM ASAP so I can worry less about renewing status every year.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Incidentally if you have about CAD150 more of budget to cover repositioning costs you should really shoot for 24k miles without A3. Fly to DUB as mentioned earlier, then do DUB-ARN-CPH-HKG also on SK T for CAD672 (sample dates 13-18 Nov on GF).
For those who are interested to fly SK T...

"For passengers with Go Light tickets there is a fee for adding a checked-in baggage. The same rule will now also apply for all EuroBonus members, while SAS is removing the baggage benefit for EuroBonus Silver, Gold, Diamond, and Star Alliance Gold members, while traveling in Go Light. The change concerns all Go Light tickets with departures from the 7th of May 2018. "

https://www.flysas.com/gb-en/eurobon...light-baggage/

Humm... so I guess I will have to rethink this plan or really travel light.... My planning maybe back to square one....
Old May 15, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Hopefully it's ok to post this type of questions here.

I just booked a PHX->HKG PE ticket for later this year. I was going to take advantage of fairly low fare I found, but realized I need another $4600 PQD to renew Platinum and decided to buy PE for extra PQM and the PQD. I believe I'm earning roughly 20-25% few PQM/$ than if I had flown Economy.

Do most people do as many cheap MR even at Y PQM earning to achieve maximum PQM/PQD earning ratio or does flying to China every other weekend take a lot out of you and you buy higher fare even though it earns less per $? My main goal is to get to 1MM ASAP so I can worry less about renewing status every year.
Your goal is to achieve 1M BIS miles. Neither PQM nor PQD is relevant to your goal. With this said, the Basic Economy (BE) fare may enter your thought process because 1) BE fare earns 100% BIS miles, 2) you can do a round-trip from morning to evening, which is not taxing compared to an international trip with jet lags. One or two international vacations may be also helpful.
My choice is to buy the lowest (typically to PVG from IAD for less than $400 and 17K PQM) fare and accumulate a lot of BIS miles.
Good luck!
Old May 15, 2019, 7:49 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu

Your goal is to achieve 1M BIS miles. Neither PQM nor PQD is relevant to your goal. With this said, the Basic Economy (BE) fare may enter your thought process because 1) BE fare earns 100% BIS miles, 2) you can do a round-trip from morning to evening, which is not taxing compared to an international trip with jet lags. One or two international vacations may be also helpful.
My choice is to buy the lowest (typically to PVG from IAD for less than $400 and 17K PQM) fare and accumulate a lot of BIS miles.
Good luck!
I actually never realized that BE gets 100% lifetime mile credit. Crazy... not sure I can handle international flights without at least Economy Plus. My near term goal is to renew my Plat status though, will have to consider a lot more BE fares and a lot of booze though...only 20 more flights to PVG needed!
Old May 15, 2019, 11:53 am

Dfw-sfo-sin-kul, $714

Originally Posted by Draperjend

If you can position to EWR, the deal will be much better, $550 and 21K PQM (EWR-SFO-SIN-KUL-SIN-SFO-EWR).

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=D...83*2.USD.71473
Bohemian1 likes this.

Last edited by Kmxu; May 15, 2019 at 12:05 pm Reason: add Google Flight link
Old May 16, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: UA
Home Airports: YVR, TPA, RDU (US passport)
Miles Needed: 75K to get to Premier 1K
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Budget - up to $4k if necessary
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA or *A

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Some of the China routes
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Looking for some lucrative mileage runs to interesting places in Europe (Spain, Greece or maybe Scandinavia?), Asia and Oceania, preferably with a few days or more to explore. I need to get about ~75k PQM on top of my 2019 business travel (which has been unusually light so far this year) to get to 1K. Right now I'm Platinum (from 2018 travel).

I'm getting better at using Google Flights (slightly modifying itineraries put together by others), but I tend to turn good deals into mediocre ones, and I can't ever seem to put together the amazing multi-city itineraries the way some of you guys can. My schedule is highly flexible.

Last edited by Edward Russell McAllister; May 16, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 11:55 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
75K miles for $3K is really tough even with a good J deal.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Edward Russell McAllister
Home Airports: YVR, TPA, RDU (US passport)
Miles Needed: 75K to get to Premier 1K
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Budget - up to $4k if necessary
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA or *A

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Some of the China routes
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Looking for some lucrative mileage runs to interesting places in Europe (Spain, Greece or maybe Scandinavia?), Asia and Oceania, preferably with a few days or more to explore. I need to get about ~75k PQM on top of my 2019 business travel (which has been unusually light so far this year) to get to 1K. Right now I'm Platinum (from 2018 travel).

I'm getting better at using Google Flights (slightly modifying itineraries put together by others), but I tend to turn good deals into mediocre ones, and I can't ever seem to put together the amazing multi-city itineraries the way some of you guys can. My schedule is highly flexible.
$577 from IAD to SGN (through SFO and SIN) for 21K PQM on UA portions. But you will have to drive to IAD from RDU. And this itinerary checks most of your boxes.
Good luck.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...;sd:1;t:f;tt:m
Old May 17, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: 1K
Departure Airport: DRO (home), DEN, LAX, SFO
Miles Needed: 25K to be safe, but 20+ would help a lot
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Lowest possible with with PZ+1
Available Travel Dates: Oct 20 - Dec 31.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Yes
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No, but would get one.

Have two paid international C so $15PQD won't be an issue.

Really looking for open PZ on long-haul out of SFO or LAX. I can either reposition, or sometimes the base W is cheaper out of DRO than DEN or West Coast.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:08 pm

DTW or nearby departures

Departure Airport: DTW, FNT, YYZ, YXU, YZR
Miles Needed: 13,333 United PQM
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Maximum budget, as low as possible, PQD not an issue.
Available Travel Dates: Between now and September 15th
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: As long as it gives me United PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Tried numerous searches across Europe/Asia but struggling to find something that I would consider a good mileage run value.

Last edited by ohlradio; May 28, 2019 at 10:53 pm Reason: fixed formatting
Old May 29, 2019, 4:10 am

yyz-SIN for less than $600

Originally Posted by ohlradio
Departure Airport: DTW, FNT, YYZ, YXU, YZR
Miles Needed: 13,333 United PQM
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Maximum budget, as low as possible, PQD not an issue.
Available Travel Dates: Between now and September 15th
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: As long as it gives me United PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Tried numerous searches across Europe/Asia but struggling to find something that I would consider a good mileage run value.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=D...37*2.USD.59137
Old May 29, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA, United
looking for 25k PQM from PHX.

The less spend the better.

Whatever helps me max out PQM on United I am open to as far as booking options.

Preferably summer or late fall/early winter dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.