Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kmxu
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?
For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided. Otherwise, you may have to take advantage of TWOV (visa on arrival). Its information can be found: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/708095-china-24-72-144-hour-transit-without-visa-twov-rules-master-thread.html

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: United and Marriott
That's amazing - almost perfect for me. Is that same itinerary available any other weekend in November? Also, do I need to take that final leg from ORD to YYZ? If I don't take it, will it effect qualifying for the PQMs? Sorry for all of the questions - like I said before, this is all new to me and I really appreciate your help, Kmxu!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Other weekends

Originally Posted by Wheelben22
That's amazing - almost perfect for me. Is that same itinerary available any other weekend in November? Also, do I need to take that final leg from ORD to YYZ? If I don't take it, will it effect qualifying for the PQMs? Sorry for all of the questions - like I said before, this is all new to me and I really appreciate your help, Kmxu!
They have the same prices over the other weekends, too. You can play with the google flight link by changing dates. You just do not get PQM for ORD-YYZ segment if you skip it. I chose Air Canada flight, instead of United ORD-YYZ flight. You make your own judgement on this question. See this thread: No Show / Skipping / or Flying United Airlines Flight Segment(s) Out of Order?
Good luck.

https://www.google.ca/flights?lite=0...63*2.USD.45563
https://www.google.ca/flights?lite=0...63*2.USD.45563
Wheelben22 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: United and Marriott
Perfect! And I would need to get a Chinese Visa for this trip, correct?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Wheelben22
Perfect! And I would need to get a Chinese Visa for this trip, correct?
No, you do not...if you fly from HKG into HGH and out of PVG to the USA, you qualify for 144hr TWOV because HGH and PVG are in the same region in China.
Kmxu and Wheelben22 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:57 pm

Hi to all of you I've been reading you for such long time and now I'm in need of your help.
I' ve been for long time St Elite plus, but this year I'm trying to get status with Avianca, so I ve been looking for trip nut haven't been good enought.
Departure Airport: MEX- LAX- CUN
Miles Needed:35,000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget: best value miles/money
Available Travel Dates: October thought December
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Avianca, Star Alliance

Route(s) You've Already Searched: LAX- SAL-BOG-MAD/BCN/LHR, SJO-BOG-MAD, MUC-BOG-PTY- SJO one way
Do you have a Chinese Visa, NO Chinese Visa, only country open to Italian pasport.

Thanks a lot
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:03 pm

If you depart from LAX ..,

UA: LAX - HKG or SIN at 2.72 to 3.81 cpm

There are many cheap options from LAX, especially to China (visa costs probably $30 for non-US passport holders). There is a Chinese consulate in LA.
Just play with this link.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=L...IANCE;sd:1;t:f
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:24 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Kmxu

There are many cheap options from LAX, especially to China (visa costs probably $30 for non-US passport holders). There is a Chinese consulate in LA.
Thank a lot! Im also looking for a premium deal
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Kmxu

Originally Posted by Salvo Miccico
Thank a lot! Im also looking for a premium deal
If you'e looking for a Premium Economy trip, just click on those links that @Kmxu provided, and select "Premium Economy" near the top instead of "Economy".
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:47 am

MR ex-TPE?

Hi all,

I'll be based out of TPE for the next few months and couldn't find too many options for a cheap *A MR ex-TPE (or at least within 1-2h radius), approx. 30k. Are there any routes some of you have experience with and recommend?

Thanks.

Rgs
Al

Last edited by altalk08; Jul 29, 2019 at 7:17 am
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: United
Departure Airport: CLE
Miles Needed: 8000
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Best value for the miles
Available Travel Dates: Anytime Sept-End Nov
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: StarAlliance OK

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Many, but looking for suggestions
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No

First time, but thank you!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Sixt diamond, star alliance gold, lh senator
Milage run

Departure: Ewr/NYC
need as much as possible 19K+
I'm currently a 1k
would love a premium fare deal, for economy willing to pay upto $600 premium $1200 business $2000
Available to travel from aug 25 till Sep 16. Should not require a Saturday stay, would love to stay only 1 day or night. Prefer travel that starts Sunday morning.
Metal: prefer UA but can mix Code shares
Don't have a Chinese Visa yet
First time trying a Milage run
Thank you
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Hi,

Looking to re-qualify UA 1K this year because I am so close. PQD is tripping me up - already qualified with miles. Looking for 3-4 day weekend trip in early December

Departure Airport: DCA preferred, but could do IAD
Itinerary + Dates:
-- early December - somewhere in the Caribbean preferred
Miles Needed: Doesn't matter
No Chinese Visa
Required Spend or Budget: Need $1245 PQD
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Experienced traveller but first time poster needing to do mileage runs as opposed to earning them through work. Any tips would be greatly appreciated for this pseudo-noob.

Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed: 20k (can do multiple runs to get there)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $1.5k required spend
Available Travel Dates: Anytime before EOY. I work remotely, so I can work anywhere in the world.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: AC for $1.5k spend preferred, but if there are good *A codeshares I will prioritize the miles over the AQD
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YYZ-CDG/LHW/NRT/HKG/ICN
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Much appreciated to anyone who is able to help me out!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Nath36
Hi,

Looking to re-qualify UA 1K this year because I am so close. PQD is tripping me up - already qualified with miles. Looking for 3-4 day weekend trip in early December

Departure Airport: DCA preferred, but could do IAD
Itinerary + Dates:
-- early December - somewhere in the Caribbean preferred
Miles Needed: Doesn't matter
No Chinese Visa
Required Spend or Budget: Need $1245 PQD
My advice is not to book any trip right now. You may have some unexpected trips in the next few months. It is very easy to spend this amount of money. You will have no trouble finding a destination for vacation!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Justin C
Experienced traveller but first time poster needing to do mileage runs as opposed to earning them through work. Any tips would be greatly appreciated for this pseudo-noob.

Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed: 20k (can do multiple runs to get there)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $1.5k required spend
Available Travel Dates: Anytime before EOY. I work remotely, so I can work anywhere in the world.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: AC for $1.5k spend preferred, but if there are good *A codeshares I will prioritize the miles over the AQD
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YYZ-CDG/LHW/NRT/HKG/ICN
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Much appreciated to anyone who is able to help me out!
Have you looked at Premium Economy fares? You may be able to do a single trip to a Chinese city or Japan, or even Taipei, with your miles and dollar requirements. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.