Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by gogomustangs
what is the advantage of purchasing from amex plat travel?
I sometimes use them to book complex itineraries that I can't get to price properly online. In this case, just to allow me + a stranger to split payment securely.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by darnold
I sometimes use them to book complex itineraries that I can't get to price properly online. In this case, just to allow me + a stranger to split payment securely.
Thanks. Do you get 5x points when buy airfares through Amex Travel call center?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by gogomustangs
Thanks. Do you get 5x points when buy airfares through Amex Travel call center?
Yep!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: CX, BA
would anyone like to pair up with me for LON-HKG J class in April 2019?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Maybe interesting for some!

On the way to PVG (or SHA), you may add a long layover (max 24h) in PEK. On both ways by the way. The PVG/SHA-PEK leg would be on CA domestic first!?. I guess (but don't know) it's more like business class.

For those going the other way around: also possible to add a Shanghai layoyer on the way to PEK.

Last edited by Artemio; Aug 19, 2018 at 3:32 pm Reason: added details
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK

email [email protected] and tell him what you want (and that I sent you....lol). He can get something together for you and with the flights and times you want.
Yep, we did a HKG flight (MAN-FRA (8h)-MUC-HKG and same return this october!
Be aware, that these tickets are issed in GER and may not be used for limo service!

Best would be, if you already have some flights in your mind you would like to fly.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have managed to find eligibility from EDi to HKG but 5 hours in Zurich each way. Would this be horrendous? I'm guessing yes!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by anniegray
I have managed to find eligibility from EDi to HKG but 5 hours in Zurich each way. Would this be horrendous? I'm guessing yes!
First class lounges in ZRH in Terminal E and A are terrible *twinkel* - 5h are a little bit short to enjoy it..
nikbruno and anniegray like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: CO
You guessed wrong
anniegray and nickohrn like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:39 pm

Free flowing champagne, excellent wines, Michelin star quality food, lovely showers....
anniegray likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ecoforfuture

First class lounges in ZRH in Terminal E and A are terrible *twinkel* - 5h are a little bit short to enjoy it..
Don't bother with the FCL in A.
anniegray likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:20 pm

the concept of companion ticket is ridiculous, why cannot they do it for two tickets purchase if I buy two tickets for the same route different dates, I will get the price of companion price? it is swiss discrimination against solo traveler to me.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by torontochinese
the concept of companion ticket is ridiculous, why cannot they do it for two tickets purchase if I buy two tickets for the same route different dates, I will get the price of companion price? it is swiss discrimination against solo traveler to me.
the concept of buy one get one free on clothes is ridiculous, why they cannot do it for half price or if I buy on shirt now and another in 2 years when I need one. I’ll buy the same colour and size. It is the clothing retailers discriminating against a pragmatic clothes buyer.

zzzz

A companion fare targets leisure travellers... generally.
nikbruno and z4017 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
we are every bit 'victims' as well. hold on for a minute while i try to gather my thoughts..
hear that LX/LH, i'm taking my 'loyalty' to saudia now. CMB-LHR o/w for £500 here i come!!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42

the concept of buy one get one free on clothes is ridiculous, why they cannot do it for half price or if I buy on shirt now and another in 2 years when I need one. I’ll buy the same colour and size. It is the clothing retailers discriminating against a pragmatic clothes buyer.

zzzz

A companion fare targets leisure travellers... generally.
no, I was not saying to buy another one two years later, I was saying they could create a sale if I buy two tickets at the same time for different travel date, it is the same profit for swiss as companion fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.