Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA
Thank you for the advice! Surprised no UA GlobalFirst Access. Do you think it's worth a try or is it pretty much set in stone? I got some flack when I went to the QR Al Safwa Lounge but they eventually relented and let me in.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Could anyone please offer any advice on which would be the better option flying BKK-ZRH (hard product). The choice would be Swiss on a 777-300ER or Thai on a 777-300.

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
Thank you for the advice! Surprised no UA GlobalFirst Access. Do you think it's worth a try or is it pretty much set in stone? I got some flack when I went to the QR Al Safwa Lounge but they eventually relented and let me in.
UA definitely doesn’t allow access to the GlobalFirst lounge. I’ve tried both in F and as HON, and contrary to other reports on here, they do not let HON use the GF side of the lounge - only GlobalSevices.

Their rule for F tickets is that the actual F departure must be from LHR.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cricketer
My mother is vegetarian - I've never flown LX in F, is there usually a vegetarian option for each course on the menu?
LX always offer one vegetarian main course from Hiltl in Zurich (“first vegetarian restaurant in the world since 1898”) in First and Business on flights ex-ZRH but in order to make sure your mother gets a vegetarian option for other courses it would be safer to order a vegetarian meal in advance.
cricketer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by cricketer
A couple of questions as I'm booking one of these for my parents:
  1. Is there an easy way to book LH one way and LX the other? Not having any luck using either site directly or Kayak.
You may try out that kind of link:
www.swiss.com/de/de/Book/Combined/LHR-PVG/LH2479-LH726/from-2019-03-29/PVG-LHR/LX189-LX324/to-2019-04-02/adults-2/children-0/infants-0/class-first

and modify the legs as you wish in the link to get what you desire.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:50 pm

Ok, I'm confused now lol. So we are departing LHR on SWISS in A on the 29th. We will be arriving elsewhere in Europe. So our origination airport will be LHR. Still no access?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:27 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
Ok, I'm confused now lol. So we are departing LHR on SWISS in A on the 29th. We will be arriving elsewhere in Europe. So our origination airport will be LHR. Still no access?
If you are referring to your lounge access at LHR, you will not be departing from LHR in A. You are likely to be departing in J.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:06 pm

Good point. Departing in J. Connecting in A.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by vantage03
1) Yes, if the ticket was issued in the UK. If you purchase it on SWISS.com, it qualifies.
Do you have to have purchased the ticket on SWISS.com for the free limo service? I purchased my ticket in the UK through a UK travel agent, which doesn't seem to be excluded in the terms and conditions.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by tafer2uk
Could anyone please offer any advice on which would be the better option flying BKK-ZRH (hard product). The choice would be Swiss on a 777-300ER or Thai on a 777-300.

Thanks
TG don’t have F on the 777 so LX
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PeaSouper
Do you have to have purchased the ticket on SWISS.com for the free limo service? I purchased my ticket in the UK through a UK travel agent, which doesn't seem to be excluded in the terms and conditions.
No requirement for LX.com but it must be issued in UK
vantage03 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Anyone wants to share LHR-GRU beginning of June - PM me.

I will ticket via my Amex TA

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Originally Posted by chris63

Thanks for the reply, I should have stated in the post we would be flying business.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Limo service says 50 miles iirc, so if more than 50 is that a no, or can you pay like Emirates?
thankyou
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by chris63

IIRC unfortunately there is no offer in F to BKK in this occasion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.