Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SWISS Companion fares exUK in First & Biz ( from 999GBP per person)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Thank you, I have contacted them to see if they can help
seems to work from kayak as a click thru to expedia or ebookers
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
The problem is that there is hardly any A Class availability on any of these routes (except India, PEK, DAR and NBO). A is basically zeroed out on EZE, JNB and HKG.
I’m going to wait list A to JNB and see how I go.

Does anyone one have the fare basis for me to give my travel agent?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
The problem is that there is hardly any A Class availability on any of these routes (except India, PEK, DAR and NBO). A is basically zeroed out on EZE, JNB and HKG.
I’m going to wait list A to JNB and see how I go.

Does anyone one have the fare basis for me to give my travel agent?
This is the fare that I'm seeing on ITA when I price out my desired itinerary: AAXCNBGB
vantage03 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Thank you, I have contacted them to see if they can help
I'd rather give a try at calling SWISS and pay in GBP to get the limousine service

Last edited by Artemio; Aug 15, 2018 at 12:12 pm Reason: already mentionned
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:31 pm

Open Jaws seem to be working on the SWISS site now.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:51 pm

Open Jaws seem to be working on the SWISS site now.
Are you just doing a multi-city search? Do you have any examples where it prices out correctly?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:24 pm

In case anyone is still debating and looking around, I was finally able to pull up an open jaw with appropriate pricing and long layovers on kayak.co.uk - it seems bookable through Expedia. The routing is LHR - MUC - PEK / HKG - ZRH - LHR with the outbound at the end of June and the inbound a couple of weeks later.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:59 am

I'm not someone who flies Star Alliance frequently and not sure if there is anyway to purchase this deal, along with a hotel, on a pay later scheme (such as BA Holidays)? Anyone know? - I don't particularly want to go down a new credit card or non Amex route. I didn't budget for another £5K of travel spend in 2018!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
In case anyone is still debating and looking around, I was finally able to pull up an open jaw with appropriate pricing and long layovers on kayak.co.uk - it seems bookable through Expedia. The routing is LHR - MUC - PEK / HKG - ZRH - LHR with the outbound at the end of June and the inbound a couple of weeks later.
Its weird, its like someone at Swiss/Lufthansa finally switched something on and it magically started working yesterday evening.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:23 am

is the deal gone? I was able to price out round trip swiss first class from lon to hkg for 2000pound per person, now I can only see lon-hkg leg in F and return is business for 1600pound per person. return F is gone.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by torontochinese
is the deal gone? I was able to price out round trip swiss first class from lon to hkg for 2000pound per person, now I can only see lon-hkg leg in F and return is business for 1600pound per person. return F is gone.
No its probably the availability. SWISS only has 8 seats in First so I would take a guess that only a few eats are available on any flight. Try a different return date to see what I mean.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by ecoforfuture

We have a very competent agency (skytravelagent) in germany, who should be able to book this for you!
They helped and got it all booked for me (although SWISS fixed the open jaw issue last night but I already had seats reserved so didn't want to lose them).
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:57 am

Looking at historical information on Lufthansa and Swiss F pricing, I felt I couldn't pass this up. I wanted to go to China with my wife anyways, next year. She's always wanted to fly Lufthansa, so I guess we both win.

LHR - FRA - PEK / HKG - ZRH - LHR at $5,152 for both of us starting at the end of next June. We'll have a 6 hour layover in FRA (longest I could get to price out) but a 15 hour layover in Zurich so we can actually leave the airport and go into the city, I assume. Now I just have to figure out how to get to London :-).

I was able to use the multi-city tool on Expedia to pull up my desired itinerary (eventually) and grab it. I'm planning to move us from PEK - PVG - HKG during our time in China. I guess we'll see how it goes.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:43 am

LH F companion fare questions

I haven't flown LH for years and when I saw the F companion offer decided to have a good look. I've ended up with quite a few questions that I hope people can help answer.

LH's website only seems to be quoting these fares if you do it from their promo page. If you try anything via multi-city for example you just get much higher fares. Any ideas?

Are these fares bookable over the phone with LH or only online? It doesn't specify in the fare rules.

When using the promo page on the LH website some routes (even though they are their) never seem to come back with any results and just return you to the promo page with no error message?

My next questions are about the flights rather than the booking methods......

Are you able to fly say MAN or LHR to FRA the day before your longhaul? I want to stopover for the night, but LH's website only returns flights with fairly tight connections on the same day. Any ideas please?

Depending on the answer to the above question, if I have to book a same day connection, what is the passenger experience then like at FRA? i.e. Do I get picked up from the inbound aircraft in a car? Do I get to use the dedicated F class terminal and if so how do you get there? I'm presuming my bags will be thru-checked at this point. If on a same day connections we can't use the dedicated F terminal I doubt I'll bother.

I'll probably end up having more questions after I get some answers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I haven't flown LH for years and when I saw the F companion offer decided to have a good look. I've ended up with quite a few questions that I hope people can help answer.

LH's website only seems to be quoting these fares if you do it from their promo page. If you try anything via multi-city for example you just get much higher fares. Any ideas?

Are these fares bookable over the phone with LH or only online? It doesn't specify in the fare rules.

When using the promo page on the LH website some routes (even though they are their) never seem to come back with any results and just return you to the promo page with no error message?

My next questions are about the flights rather than the booking methods......

Are you able to fly say MAN or LHR to FRA the day before your longhaul? I want to stopover for the night, but LH's website only returns flights with fairly tight connections on the same day. Any ideas please?

Depending on the answer to the above question, if I have to book a same day connection, what is the passenger experience then like at FRA? i.e. Do I get picked up from the inbound aircraft in a car? Do I get to use the dedicated F class terminal and if so how do you get there? I'm presuming my bags will be thru-checked at this point. If on a same day connections we can't use the dedicated F terminal I doubt I'll bother.

I'll probably end up having more questions after I get some answers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I have never flown Lufthansa First so do not have any answers on the experience (I'm looking forward to seeing what it is like), but I can help with the booking questions. I was unable to force the Lufthansa site to honor an open jaw itinerary. The Swiss site would price the open jaw correctly but would not allow the long layovers I was looking for and wouldn't put me on the planes I wanted. I ended up forcing the itinerary I desired using the multi-city tool on Expedia and purchasing from there. I'm flying Lufthansa from LHR - FRA - PEK and Swiss from HKG - ZRH - LHR.

The longest layover I was able to get in FRA was 6 hours. If I took the flight an hour previous from LHR, the price would jump by $10,000. I was able to successfully price and buy a 15 hour layover in ZRH, arriving from HKG at 6:10AM and then leaving for London in the late evening. It took some flexibility and fiddling with the dates to get what I wanted, but I eventually made it happen using a combination of the filters available on the Expedia search interface.

In regards to this "... never seem to come back with any results and just return you to the promo page with no error message?" I found that this is when I selected initial departure dates that were ineligible for one reason or another. Flying to China, for instance, seemed to have to commence on or before June 30, 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.