Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
was downgraded to PE on RGN fare at CDG).
Can you elaborate what happened? Thanks
Old May 6, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by klausa

This has not been my experience at all. Is this if you have a connecting flight onward? I can’t think of a place where TSA would even be present in arrival channel of the US airports I’ve flown through.

Thanks for sharing your experience though, good to know it can get more complicated.
In SEA international arrivals from Canada connecting to a domestic flight. You always have to go through a TSA security check point for access to the domestic gates for your connection just as if you had gone Land Side. Both boarding passes had SSSS on them and in SEA they confirmed that my inbound was stamped showing extra screening. The whole process in SEA took about 15 minutes and three or four agents and they stamped my onward boarding pass.

I have an Enhanced Drivers License, NEXUS, TSA Pre & Global Entry which I have used many many times without issue at both Airport and Marine points of entry.

The only thing I can attrinute it to was booking a one-way while the OLCI was open as I had a family medical emergency and had to travel as quickly as possible.

James
Old May 6, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by havane2009
Can you elaborate what happened? Thanks
For details of the notorious "YY" RGN F mistake fare, please read the long thread about it.

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

It is of little to no relevance to this thread.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, OP! I am in too
Old May 6, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
AF has issued a ticket number for my reservation, would this be an indication that everything is ok and I can start working on other flights on this trip, or should I still wait and see if AF cancels the whole thing?
Old May 6, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
A ticket number doesn’t mean anything. Wait at least two weeks before making non-refundable plans.
I didn’t book this time after they canceled my F ticket from California last time.
irishguy28 and palmanfr like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great find OP^. Of no interest to me but hope someone can take advantage of it.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Joined the club.... Thanks OP :-)
Old May 6, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
A ticket number doesn’t mean anything.
For those who have been there, what should we look for to be 100% sure we escaped cancellation besides waiting for boarding time...?
Old May 6, 2018, 4:01 pm

I Hate using OTAs (like Priceline etc) bc getting the refund is two steps instead of one with delta.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
There's no way to be sure before you're safely back home. With some error fares (and I'm pretty sure this is one), people have even seen their tickets inbound flights canceled, which left them stranded (though this is the exception).
I'd say that if the tickets are still fine after 2-3 weeks, it's quite likely you'll be able to fly.
With that said, I guess they'll start canceling in a few days. This was just too good to be true and bookable way too long.
But it's the same thing every time. People who didn't book will tell you there's no way this will be honored, people who did book will explain why this can't be an error fare and that they will the drag the airline to court should they cancel the ticket etc. etc.
Good luck to everyone who booked this.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:05 pm

I am flying out today so will see. I was backpacking in Amsterdam when i saw this, booked a flight to Istanbul so far everything is good will see how this goes haha.
<3 Flyertalk making me do things i would normally never do.
flyme2, frebay, SFO777 and 8 others like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by havane2009
For those who have been there, what should we look for to be 100% sure we escaped cancellation besides waiting for boarding time...?
Keep an eye on this thread and your inbox
Old May 6, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by slylust
I was backpacking in Amsterdam

Look forward to seeing trip reports.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by ketchm
I Hate using OTAs (like Priceline etc) bc getting the refund is two steps instead of one with delta.
If and when you get an email stating the ticket is cancelled, contact your credit card company and commence a charge back.
Captain Canuck likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.