Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Being ahead of myself as I am curently on way to IST, but since my ticket is 006, would changing return CDG-IST leg while inside CDG tomorow change it to 057?
If you want to modify add/ remove a stopover in CDG you will likely be out of luck. Otherwise the ticket may be revalidated if there are no third airlines (ie Gol) in the itinerary. However, I have no idea what happens if 006 ticket is revalidated by 057 desk.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:25 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Congrats on everyone who got tickets! Let's hope they will all be honored.

Thanks also for helping us develop this deal from our initial discovery into many more destinations and options.
flyme2, irishguy28 and alp67 like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Genevaflyer2017
Anyone experience / knowledge to which degree AF enforces the 3000 EUR penatly for skipping the last leg? I saw this in the fare rules.

Ticket use

The fare is applicable for a ticket used fully, in sequential order for the specified journey and on the specified dates. As outlined in the General Conditions of Carriage, any non-compliant use noticed on the day of travel may incur an additional fixed-rate fee at the airport for the amount of: €125 on short-haul flights (metropolitan France and Corsica), €250 for a medium-haul flight in the Economy cabin, €500 for a medium-haul flight in the Business cabin, €500 for a long-haul flight in the Economy or Premium Economy cabin, €1500 for a long-haul flight in the Business cabin and €3000 for a long-haul flight in the La Première cabin (or the equivalent in the local currency.)
as far as i know the last leg is JOON. They only have 1 class. So the 3000 doesnt apply.
Further those are fixed penalties if tou still want to fly later
Old May 7, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
If you want to modify add/ remove a stopover in CDG you will likely be out of luck. Otherwise the ticket may be revalidated if there are no third airlines (ie Gol) in the itinerary. However, I have no idea what happens if 006 ticket is revalidated by 057 desk.
Actually I think I know the answer. As normally both only see tickets and not the reservations of each other revalidation will not be even technically possible.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Bad news coming in. Just arrived at IST and after sucessfully checking in and receiving boarding passes i have just received a new e-ticket with the flights changed to economy. Ticket was from Delta.

FLIGHT AF 5089 - AIR FRANCE TUE 08 MAY 2018
OPERATED BY: ATLASGLOBAL, KK 2173
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEPARTURE: ISTANBUL, TR (ATATURK), TERMINAL D - 08 MAY 10:40
DOMESTIC TERMINAL
ARRIVAL: PARIS, FR (CHARLES DE GAULLE), TERMINAL 2C - 08 MAY 13:40
AEROGARE 2 TERMINAL C
FLIGHT BOOKING REF: AF/NPD52E LAST CHECK IN TIME: 10:00
RESERVATION CONFIRMED, ECONOMY (Y) DURATION: 04:00
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: 3PC
MEAL: MEAL

NON STOP ISTANBUL TO PARIS
AIRCRAFT OWNER: ATLASGLOBAL, KK
COCKPIT CREW: ATLASGLOBAL, KK
CABIN CREW: ATLASGLOBAL, KK
EQUIPMENT: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A320-100/200

FLIGHT AF 454 - AIR FRANCE TUE 08 MAY 2018
DEPARTURE: PARIS, FR (CHARLES DE GAULLE), TERMINAL 2E - 08 MAY 23:30
AEROGARE 2 TERMINAL E
ARRIVAL: SAO PAULO, SP (GUARULHOS INTL), TERMINAL 3 09 MAY 06:20
FLIGHT BOOKING REF: AF/NPD52E LAST CHECK IN TIME: 22:30
RESERVATION CONFIRMED, ECONOMY (M) DURATION: 11:50
MEAL: MEAL/BREAKFAST

NON STOP PARIS TO SAO PAULO, SP
AIRCRAFT OWNER: AIR FRANCE, AF
COCKPIT CREW: AIR FRANCE, AF
CABIN CREW: AIR FRANCE, AF
EQUIPMENT: BOEING 777-300ER
Old May 7, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ristasm
Bad news coming in. Just arrived at IST and after sucessfully checking in and receiving boarding passes i have just received a new e-ticket with the flights changed to economy. Ticket was from Delta......
Bummer. Do you have actual boarding passes issue by agent or online BP? Can you try to board with original BP?
Old May 7, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by TerryK
Bummer. Do you have actual boarding passes issue by agent or online BP? Can you try to board with original BP?
online check in...the flights are tomorrow...
Old May 7, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Bad news coming in. Just arrived at IST and after sucessfully checking in and receiving boarding passes i have just received a new e-ticket with the flights changed to economy. Ticket was from Delta.

FLIGHT AF 5089 - AIR FRANCE TUE 08 MAY 2018
OPERATED BY: ATLASGLOBAL, KK 2173
DEPARTURE: ISTANBUL, TR (ATATURK), TERMINAL D - 08 MAY 10:40
DOMESTIC TERMINAL
ARRIVAL: PARIS, FR (CHARLES DE GAULLE), TERMINAL 2C - 08 MAY 13:40
AEROGARE 2 TERMINAL C
FLIGHT BOOKING REF: AF/NPD52E LAST CHECK IN TIME: 10:00
RESERVATION CONFIRMED, ECONOMY (Y) DURATION: 04:00
MEAL: MEAL

NON STOP ISTANBUL TO PARIS
AIRCRAFT OWNER: ATLASGLOBAL, KK
COCKPIT CREW: ATLASGLOBAL, KK
CABIN CREW: ATLASGLOBAL, KK
EQUIPMENT: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A320-100/200

FLIGHT AF 454 - AIR FRANCE TUE 08 MAY 2018
DEPARTURE: PARIS, FR (CHARLES DE GAULLE), TERMINAL 2E - 08 MAY 23:30
AEROGARE 2 TERMINAL E
ARRIVAL: SAO PAULO, SP (GUARULHOS INTL), TERMINAL 3 09 MAY 06:20
FLIGHT BOOKING REF: AF/NPD52E LAST CHECK IN TIME: 22:30
RESERVATION CONFIRMED, ECONOMY (M) DURATION: 11:50
MEAL: MEAL/BREAKFAST

NON STOP PARIS TO SAO PAULO, SP
AIRCRAFT OWNER: AIR FRANCE, AF
COCKPIT CREW: AIR FRANCE, AF
CABIN CREW: AIR FRANCE, AF
EQUIPMENT: BOEING 777-300ER
Any explanations from the staff in IST ? According to EU regulation (which AF is supposed to respect and this, worldwide) you are eligible for compensation following this downgrade. IIguess they could give you 75% of the segment and a voucher for future travel based on what happened last year with the SFO-LHR fare. I would certainly have a talk with the staff at CDG if I were you. They should at least put you in J. Interestingly, your luggage allowance is 3PC which is not typical for an economy fare...
Good luck and keep us posted
edit: just noticed the post stating that the flight was tomorrow...
Old May 7, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Any explanations from the staff in IST ?
?

OP has checked-in on-line, not sure how they could get an explanation by airport staff at this moment in time...

That aside, I wonder how the others are getting on, I seem to remember there were a couple upthread travelling today.

I hope it's just a one-off (though sorry to hear, @ristasm).

G
Old May 7, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palmanfr
........According to EU regulation (which AF is supposed to respect and this, worldwide) you are eligible for compensation following this downgrade....
Here we go again. EU261 does not apply as the issue is ticketing, not downgrade due to oversell. Furthermore, KK (flight operator) is not an EU carrier and IST is not in EU.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

online check in...the flights are tomorrow...
Call DL albeit this will be an uphill battle.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I have BP from web. Currently @ IST waiting for check in counter to open for early morning flight to CDG. Recieved the same message though for different destination. At least I am writing for one and not just reading someone else story

Considering to fly SV if they do not put me in J already here in iST. Bummer is that I cancelled J ticket on AZ already after getting BP for this flight.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Call DL albeit this will be an uphill battle.
I did but they said that they neet to speak to agent at the airport and there is no one yet. Took 45 mins but seems that DL is quite willing to help, but ticket is under airport control
Old May 7, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Here we go again. EU261 does not apply as the issue is ticketing, not downgrade due to oversell. Furthermore, KK (flight operator) is not an EU carrier and IST is not in EU.
I believe that OP will be more disappointed to fly in economy on the CDG-GRU leg that on the shorter IST-CDG flight. And the CDG-GRU.is operated by AF, which is a community carrier. Downgrades compensation are not linked to overselling of flights. At least this is what the app the EU commission created about passenger rights mentions...
And I am also commenting based on the what happened with some passengers during the last SFO F "error" fare. The first few passengers managed to fly in J instead of F, with some compensation paid at the counter in SFO.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:09 pm

Indeed and hopefully the above stated case is just a one-off otherwise I can see how swiftly this thread will turn into the usual 'suspects' such as I want my refund NOW or class action

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.