Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

{Fare Gone} Air France : IST - SJO $2,341 First Class$2,639 RT (mixed Business)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by yutuyu

It was not a random agent, it was an Air France agent (from the Platinum line more over) that was working in his own system, with his own tickets so he must knows how to read a ticket. (Well I hope!)

The fact that he confimed I was on La Première means that now they cannot say : it was an online mistake, we wasn’t aware of. They were aware of the price I paid, and the cabin class I was on, and they confirm it. They tried to downgrade me after, I filed a call listening form, and suddenly, 48-72 hours after, my tickets were re-instated.

As an opposite, my second SFO-LHR booking that I made without calling AF was CXXed and I try to get it re-instated, they didn’t want to do anything else that giving a 1000USD voucher.

So see, even if a “minimum-wage-call-centre agent” confirm your ticket class, they (well AF at least) hounour it.

I think the OP will be able to fly his P ticket without battling too much, if it’s AF agent that confirmed his ETKT on the phone and not an agent from any other OTA, of course.
What's a call listening form? Is that a thing and where can I get one?
Old May 10, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Are you aware that all of the calls with CC are actually automitaically recorded (and also evaulated)?!
I sense you didn't get the sarcasm, but nevermind, next time

Safe travels,

G
honzeek_cz and irishguy28 like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:44 am

I also got a call from AF agent telling me that there was an error when booking and I can fly in eco or cancel through OTA. There is a fee that OTA charges for cancelation that obviously I don't want to pay. The agent should call me again today after I verify with OTA if there is any charge.

In the meantime tickets got changed to Y+M on AF website. Interestingly, if I choose to modify these tickets there it let me do it free of charge to J (on the same dates).
Old May 10, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by roelb
You may be right, under US and/or UK juridiction But contract law and especially consumer rights on this side of the pond are very different.
This may come as news to you, but the UK, as a member state of the EU, has the same basic consumer rights as the rest of the EU.

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
All, needless to say, not necessarily in that particular order.
You forgot one very important stage: Explaining that the price is totally not an EF.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Are you aware that all of the calls with CC are actually automitaically recorded (and also evaulated)?!
Not anymore, as recording the call compels the airline to honour their mistakes
AlicorporateUK and hopeful_me like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by WorldLux
This may come as news to you, but the UK, as a member state of the EU, has the same basic consumer rights as the rest of the EU.
True, as far as any EU directive applies, but passenger travel is specifically excluded from EU directive 2011/83.There is (still) no harmonisation of basic contract law, in which the UK differs from most other EU member states and is often more similar to US contract law.

As far as this issue is concerned, I think EU directive 93/13 could play a role (unfair contract terms, significant inbalance as far as cancellation rights are concerned). But whether or not the seller is or is not obliged to deliver the services as agreed on at time of sale or issuance of the ticket would probably be governed by national law that is not the result of EU directives.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Dazeq
In the meantime tickets got changed to Y+M on AF website. Interestingly, if I choose to modify these tickets there it let me do it free of charge to J (on the same dates).
You can change it to J, but don't get surprised if after some time your ticket is changed back to Y+M..
Old May 10, 2018, 7:50 am

Here's my experience:

Yesterday, I received the call from Air France apologizing for the error and advising me that fare class had been reassigned to M and Y. I asked the AF rep to cancel the itinerary, but he said he was unable to do so, instructing me to use the information to initiate the process in a follow-up email.

This morning I called Expedia to cancel. The rep told me that AF had taken over the reservation, and I should cancel with them. I replied that I didn't want to play musical chairs, so the Expedia rep kicked it up to a supervisor. The supervisor then came on the line and told me they would call AF on my behalf, which they did right away. About 15 minutes later, they came back on the line and said that AF had made a counter-offer of business class, rather than economy, and would I be willing to accept that. I declined, and after another 10 minutes, the Expedia rep came on the line and passed me to an AF rep who said the ticket could be canceled without any penalty, but it had to be done using the online form. They connected me to tech support to walk me through the process. I completed the form, uploading my original itinerary as well as the follow-up email. The AF tech rep said that the usual refund processing time is 10 business days. If I don't see the credit appear within that time frame, I'll initiate a dispute with my CC.

Interestingly, I received another call from AF after I completed the refund form, explaining the error all over again. I told the rep I had already been notified, and they apologized, saying the notation had not been made. I asked if they knew how many of these tickets had been sold, and was laughingly told, "environ 300."

Last edited by flyme2; May 10, 2018 at 9:02 am Reason: spelling
Old May 10, 2018, 8:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hotchili
I personally think that FT should not use the term EF. We search online for the "best offer", and if we spot one we go for it. If an offer is indeed an EF, it is the airlines responsibility to label it as such and deal with the consequences.
I personally think such deals should not be posted out in the open on FT, where money-grubbing bloggers (in this case, OneDollarAtATime) scoop up whatever deal suits their audience and knowingly accelerate the demise of aforementioned "best offer". By the way, I'm fairly certain these blogs' audiences include various airline revenue depts.. So, let's not act surprised when it happens.
f0zzyNUE and toastedcafe like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:02 am

Basically same story here, except receiving a second phone call. The process with Expedia took more than one hour, beeing transfered several times to the point, where I was told, AF could process the refund straight away. But they will charge $28 per ticket to do so and it has to be paid up front. First I declined, after the Exp rep (actually the supervisor I was lastly transfered to) said, he would refund that money, I agreed. It ended up not beeing possible at all. Then I was asked to wait for up to 48 hours to be contacted by AF directly on how the refund is gonna be done.

Last edited by alp67; May 10, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old May 10, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
I personally think such deals should not be posted out in the open on FT, where money-grubbing bloggers (in this case, OneDollarAtATime) scoop up whatever deal suits their audience and knowingly accelerate the demise of aforementioned "best offer". By the way, I'm fairly certain these blogs' audiences include various airline revenue depts.. So, let's not act surprised when it happens.
There's a very easy solution for airlines: "If you find an EF and notify us [note: so that they can pull the fare], then we'll honour it and slap an additional X USD voucher on top".
toastedcafe and roelb like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I sense you didn't get the sarcasm, but nevermind, next time

Safe travels,

G
nope. Next time. )
Old May 10, 2018, 3:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WorldLux
There's a very easy solution for airlines: "If you find an EF and notify us [note: so that they can pull the fare], then we'll honour it and slap an additional X USD voucher on top".
Or just.. if you find an EF, tell us and we'll cancel your ticket. Done.
Bonus: if they hear about it from the blogs, they'll cancel your ticket twice as fast.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Originally Posted by alp67
Basically same story here, except receiving a second phone call.
Anyone slipped through the cracks? Say in 1 month from now no sign of F to Y transfer, nor any call from OTA/AF; what would you do?
Old May 10, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
What's a call listening form? Is that a thing and where can I get one?
Call the PSL and they will sent it to you, or fill it for you, as you prefer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.