Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2008 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:09 pm

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL
Used the *alliance deal before but can't seem to figure this one out...could somebody pls pm the details...
thanks
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
key is oneWorld. and our friend the ITA tool.

i've gotten it to work out of JFK, ORD, DCA so this thing is definitely still out there. If only i could get it out of the West Coast besides that OZ deal. It sorta works but it's not the lowest fare available.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262

i've gotten it to work out of JFK, ORD, DCA so this thing is definitely still out there. If only i could get it out of the West Coast besides that OZ deal. It sorta works but it's not the lowest fare available.
ITA are a big help as are the route maps. For tweaking it the Class Availability Tool, and the fare rules that ITA gives you. Remember that the itinerary you make must have all of your legs in one fare for each direction (it can't be ISP->JFK on one fare and then JFK->EU on another), Once you find a fare that can be negotiated play with the dates and times as you wish on ITA, just make sure the fare code is the same (these links may be of help. The last thing that helped was realizing that since you olny need a stop over in America on one leg if possible you can fly directly home on the way home

This is what I came up with finally for my trip, BWI-JFK-LGW <30 hour layover, not a bad thing> LHR-MOW-vacation-LED-LON-JFK Orig: 935, down to $600.

$600 + $50 on Amtrak to get to BWI = $650.

Now here is the issue, if I go with Delta its 705, but the flights are direct, the airport is near me, and I get the MQM miles I need. Miles and direct flights aren't a big deal to me, but it seems like this was all a big fuss over $55. Am I right or can this fare be negotiated further?

Last edited by asyouare405; Oct 24, 2008 at 11:41 pm
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:54 am

ive been trying on oneworld from the east coast without luck for days....can anyone lend a friendly hand my way?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Sometimes airlines in the sky team up to serve their customers needs. The Italians are are really big team players. Do any other team-minded Europeans show similar camraderie in the sky?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Any suggestions on how to pull an Italian job, say from ORD-BUD from 13-23MAR?...
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL FO; > 6'8" FF club
Anyone want to PM me the hints? or the negotiable airlines

I think I am legit..But i guess a non-legit person would say that too

I posted the DL Budget deal for 9,999 miles. do I get "Flyertalk "cred"" hahahaha
Old Oct 26, 2008, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by uavking
Any suggestions on how to pull an Italian job, say from ORD-BUD from 13-23MAR?...
check ur PM, can Italy beat that? Whats BUD like?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 4:10 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by asyouare405
...it seems like this was all a big fuss over $55. Am I right or can this fare be negotiated further?
I don't know much about these new (to me at least) tricks but I had a lot of experience with what came to be called the South American method here. Anyway, it did happen with some regularity that the method worked for airlines that were high-price to begin with after much gymnastics you got a fare that was little or no better than regular offerings of another carrier. So yes, by all means look at the total picture.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
LAX-IST 635 AI ^ could probably get to go a little lower.
LAX- MAD 539 AI

just ask if you need help

Last edited by aaron1262; Oct 26, 2008 at 7:04 pm
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
LAX-IST 635 AI ^ could probably get to go a little lower.

just ask if you need help
Month?

This thread has gotten so long, I can't remember if anyone ever posted an 'end' date for these fares.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by chollie
Month?

This thread has gotten so long, I can't remember if anyone ever posted an 'end' date for these fares.
I've been around FT for a while. So I'm not a newbie. I don't post on other boards. So I'm not going to spread elsewhere.

I think I read virtually every post in the infamous LAN thread. I've read most in this thread. I've read posts in the "trick it" thread. I'm math challenged. I think I get that the "trick" involves a web site promoted by Denny Crane. But how to get it work etc is apparently beyond my comprehension. Is there a handy dandy cheat sheet 101 in a particular post in a particular thread that I could find somewhere to understand this? I'd love to do a Europe run and save some $$$ on One world. Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Starwood Elite, Deal Afficianado
yo - anyone else get in on the BNE / SYD Nov 2008 Deal? Am lookin to grab a drink some evening.....i am on the way for $596 all-in what a killer tricky deal!!!

fyi it is still there for nov 10 outbound....$596 all-in....go trick-it
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:55 pm

lax-[connecting city]-lhr-lax...$589 before xmas til after new year..i dont know if it's a good deal for the avid negotiators here but i think it's pretty good
Old Oct 29, 2008, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by trishiie
lax-[connecting city]-lhr-lax...$589 before xmas til after new year..i dont know if it's a good deal for the avid negotiators here but i think it's pretty good
Already booked from SEA-{connecting city}-LHR-SEA for Thanksgiving, $546 ai.
Just don't go counting your miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.