Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2008 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 4:33 pm

I've never understood all these 'expedia trick' threads anyhow. I guess I missed out on the tip and its something to never be repeated.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Talking I know the trick (sort of)--

I am just wondering what the magical combination of carriers is in order for the negotiating to begin...

My brain can't seem to wrap itself around the "clues" in the riddle. Anyone willing to PM me the missing piece?
Or even just a clue as to which alliance this is (if it is not Star, it won't help me this year)....

Last edited by computerquest; Oct 22, 2008 at 5:00 pm
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:14 pm

OneW not *A
Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by computerquest
I am just wondering what the magical combination of carriers is in order for the negotiating to begin...

My brain can't seem to wrap itself around the "clues" in the riddle. Anyone willing to PM me the missing piece?
Or even just a clue as to which alliance this is (if it is not Star, it won't help me this year)....
The Negotiator likes America, even though he is Canadian.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
bom

Did anyone figure out raffles sfo-bom fare? I'm STILL working on that one!
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by jacksonSFO
Did anyone figure out raffles sfo-bom fare? I'm STILL working on that one!
Not even close. I thought it was dead, but then Raffles said it wasn't. I keep saying I'm not going to spend any more time on it...but then I think, ok, just take one more little look...I've tried Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb, not even close.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
How do I "negotiate" ORD-India, ORD-Japan, ORD-Europe fares? Please pm me. Your puzzles are way above my slow brain.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:19 am

Sorry to keep begging, but can anyone help me with NYC\Anywhere between WAS and BOS - MOW\LEB fare between as much of Dec 23 (22nd in the late evening from NYC or PHL would work) and Jan 19th as possible.

Better yet, can anyone PM explaining how exactly these work, I'm a bit new to this and eager to learn. I've mastered how to use ITA in and out and have a good idea about how airlines, alliances, and fares work, I think I understand some of the ideas behind negotiating, but I don't think I get the whole picture.

I'm a 19 year old college student and I do not work for any one in the travel industry or know anyone who does (I can send you an e-mail from my college address if it helps). I enjoy traveling, but I try to do it for as little as possible (I took a year off before college last year and spent six out of twelve months traveling through Europe and the mid-east on a shoestring). Price is most important to me because I don't fly "real" airlines enough for miles to mean all that much (although I am olny 7500 MQM and away from silver with Delta this year and 20,000 miles away from a flight to Europe) and I don't really care about being pampered (anything place I get to sit on a plane or in an airport is a step up from Ryanair, a youth hostel, or sleeping overnight on an airport floor)

Thanks for the help.

P.S

If anyone wants some advice about how to get cheap tickets to the cultural events events in NYC, Vegas, and London or tips on the best youth hostels and bargain airlines in Europe those are all things I know alot about and would be glad share what I know.

Last edited by asyouare405; Oct 23, 2008 at 6:33 am
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:12 am

Post Killed. Long live Post.

Last edited by Milesjamie; Oct 23, 2008 at 11:38 am
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam
pm

Please someone pm me with some tips too. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: 40 46'N 73 57'W; AA Gold; CO Silver
I've tried the PL trick with the multicity - never gotten it to work. Would appreciate a couple hints via PM for anyone feeling altruistic. Thank you.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
To those needing guidance, I refer you back to the original "trick" deal. Replace UA and LH with different airline pairs, and tada, you got it.

The original.

Add a bit of trial and error.

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
To those needing guidance, I refer you back to the original "trick" deal. Replace UA and LH with different airline pairs, and tada, you got it.

The original.

Add a bit of trial and error.

Chris
Do we have a list of known valid alliance pairings that can induce the trick?

I can only think of two on *A and two on One World...
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by theoflyalot
Do we have a list of known valid alliance pairings that can induce the trick?

I can only think of two on *A and two on One World...
I'm not a huge fan of all the secrecy, but I think that this "list" might be the one thing that should be kept a bit private, since that would be the way the offending websites could most quickly close the loopholes. It's like the NOC list from Mission: Impossible.

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:44 am

HI Jayhawk
I sent you a PM as I have a couple questions if you don't mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.