Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2008 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, American Advantage, Continental Onepass
I finally got the deal but not for the days I want, can someone tell me which days work for 309?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
i have been following this trick ever since the WAS-MAD deal. but i have yet to find it. anyone wanna help me? I missed the clue from yesterday i just saw it now.

so here is how i think it's suppose to work.

EX: PHL using Multi-City on PL>

PHL- HUB CITY- EU- and Back

so the hub city to EU is a code shared flight?

if anyone wants to PM me i would appreciate it. I just want to see it work and also see if i can get it to work from other cities around the country.

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:02 pm

how far east and south does EU go?

Last edited by asyouare405; Oct 23, 2008 at 4:45 pm
Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Another point of view

Well I have slowly been exploring more of FT and came across this and figured I would throw my 2cents in. I admit I am a long time user of SD and have greatly enjoyed my deals there and will continue to do so. I actually found out about FT through the Club.live game more then flying deals as I am currently a poor grad student who really doesn't fly. But I have started looking around to see what possible deals there could be for the 1 vacation I really get as I figure here would be a good place to start. This is just my background.

Now for the whole hiding thing I can definitely understand the whole deal stealing thing, SD has had problems with other deal sides over the years with the same thing, but still all the sites seem to be doing well. My thing on this is it hurts your incoming user base. I learned a lot just from seeing new deals being posted on SD and have been able to find my own deals that way and post them. If the method is hidden then new users can not really assist and join the community in any helpful way. This in the end hurts a forum I feel but again up to you. As someone who greatly enjoys mind games though I would definitely enjoy riddle setups but again if you attempt to hide everything behind terms that new comers don't know, the new comers wont stay.

Hope this all made some sense, back to work.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 2:30 pm

Nevermind. Figured it out.

Thanks.

Last edited by j0keboy; Oct 23, 2008 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 23, 2008, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by pattermj
Well I have slowly been exploring more of FT and came across this and figured I would throw my 2cents in. I admit I am a long time user of SD and have greatly enjoyed my deals there and will continue to do so. I actually found out about FT through the Club.live game more then flying deals as I am currently a poor grad student who really doesn't fly. But I have started looking around to see what possible deals there could be for the 1 vacation I really get as I figure here would be a good place to start. This is just my background.

Now for the whole hiding thing I can definitely understand the whole deal stealing thing, SD has had problems with other deal sides over the years with the same thing, but still all the sites seem to be doing well. My thing on this is it hurts your incoming user base. I learned a lot just from seeing new deals being posted on SD and have been able to find my own deals that way and post them. If the method is hidden then new users can not really assist and join the community in any helpful way. This in the end hurts a forum I feel but again up to you. As someone who greatly enjoys mind games though I would definitely enjoy riddle setups but again if you attempt to hide everything behind terms that new comers don't know, the new comers wont stay.

Hope this all made some sense, back to work.
as a new user, i don't see how this hurts the userbase. most of the new users who we have seen pop out of the woodwork these past few weeks have been of no use. all they do is beg for help. and who knows if they would go and post it on SD, or other sites.
you could always raise the possibility that there is someone out there that found a good deal and is a newbie, but i'm going to say that there is someone out there who can discover how cold fusion works.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:07 pm

Smile please help!!

Can somebody please, please, please PM me??!!?? Been trying to figure it out for the last few months with no luck. I have every intention of using the tickets and not broadcasting it on other sites.

I moved to Western Australia a year ago with my partner and often visit FT without logging in or posting since I usually fly cheaper foreign airlines that don't garner miles. It would make SUCH a difference to me if I could visit the folks in NYC more often. Qantas (and now Virgin) charges much more for tickets originating from Australia- at least $2300 if I were to buy from Qantas everytime.

Just letting you know why I'm so desperate!!! It's not just a mileage run for me. I would be so grateful if someone could trust a (sort of) newbie.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:21 pm

desperado

PS: I am in NYC now and looking for a way out. Flew here on a $475 one-way on Kuwait Air last week from KL (a tip for any other budget flyers).

Both the SYD and MAD fares would be great for me. Would like to go to Europe for the first time, and at those prices, I'd fly back to NY for the SYD flight home.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I like this thread, at least it is a way to keep the deals going on
Old Oct 23, 2008, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Thanks for setting up/cleaning the MR forum and putting it here.

I don't understand this trick but would like to understand it.
Unfortunately I missed the original info and was in the middle of a deep sleep when the info was pulled.

If anyone is happy to PM me re the process I'd appreciate it! It will be safe with me, too.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
$415 a/i in May is available but I booked $530 a/i as the schedule was more convenient.

Hours and hours of billiable work wasted: $2,000
Value of 401(k) gone down today: $10,000
Cost of 2 plane tickets to Rome in May: $1,060
The excitement of finally solving the puzzle: Priceless

I dread crossing the GWB and Whitestone bridge on the way to JFK. I decide to stop by Beantown but only for couple of hours. I arrive at Madrid but Rome is calling me so I am off to Rome. After 11 days of cruising the Mediterranean, I miss my home so I decide to come home directly from Rome. :-)

Thanks for all the clues.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by yoonny
I dread crossing the GWB and Whitestone bridge on the way to JFK. I decide to stop by Beantown but only for couple of hours. I arrive at Madrid but Rome is calling me so I am off to Rome. After 11 days of cruising the Mediterranean, I miss my home so I decide to come home directly from Rome. :-)
Very well done
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG, NW Worldperks
Originally Posted by yoonny
Value of 401(k) gone down today: $10,000
Heh, if you start thinking of things in that perspective, everything seems cheap.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA/Delta/Hilton
On PL, I click on multi-destination, but only get to add up to 5 flights. How do I increase it to 6 or more?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:08 pm

is it me or if everone wants to keep this trick working they should be more discrete in what they say (and re examine pasts posts to see if the need editing)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.