Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL-PM
Had 2 booked, both cancelled, no notification at all just disappeared off of both sites.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by ldubin
same here...priceline disappeared...which is bs...I totally get not honoring the mistake but have the decency to alert us priceline.
They will.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL-PM
Just got an email from Priceline asking me if I wanted to book a rental car for my trip to MEL >.<
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:13 pm

Booked thru Chase UR, still have a booking reference code that is working on VA.com. Not sure what this means as of yet if anything.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:14 pm

Omg, this thread has more suspense than last season of How to get away with murder! I saw the $153 price on Priceline but didn't act on it. Next time for sure!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by mills1090
Just got an email from Priceline asking me if I wanted to book a rental car for my trip to MEL >.<
Same!! It's like they are trying to screw with my emotions.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Welp, as expected mine has now been cancelled. I kinda knew it would. I'm just kicking myself for not paying up and trying with expedia. I had no idea it was available on the VA site until I had already tried to book. I'm REALLY kicking myself about that, cuz I get the feeling that those folks will have their tickets honoured.

Best of luck to anyone who still hasn't been shot down! In the end it saves me from having to cancel an award booking I had for the same dates, oh well. I'll get to Australia one day!

I suppose the one upside is, they CLAIM they never charged my card, so there's no refund to process. I'll be keeping a keen eye on that. But the surly gentleman on the phone with a heavy Indian accent named "Bob" assured me the card hadn't been charged.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Rule # 1 - Never ever call. Also, you paid with a credit card right? You could've simply disputed the $1000 transaction. Total irrational rookie gameplay there.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by jk88usa
Called and reservation agent said I was ticketed ... now shows up in my DL profile too.

$0 base fare on studentuniverse...not sure how it worked but glad it did!
dont call!!!!!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I'm new to possible mistake fares...why do we expect va to honor directly booked more than the OTAs?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by jk88usa
Called and reservation agent said I was ticketed ... now shows up in my DL profile too.

$0 base fare on studentuniverse...not sure how it worked but glad it did!
reported
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, BMI Gold, United 1K
Booked via Priceline. Have a confirmation number screenshot, but not showing up on my Priceline account under "upcoming" or "canceled." $163 charge is pending on my Visa from Virgin Australia. Hmmm...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: Oneworlder; Etihad
I'm still good w/VA

booked through website, email with e-tickets arrived and everything still ok when I check manage-my-booking on VA website.

Fingers crossed
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
It sounds like everyone who booked with Priceline got cancelled. No email as of yet (confirmation or cancellation)for the 3 trips I booked. Itineraries just cleared out of Priceline’s system. Maybe Priceline will send out cancellation emails later once their headquarters figures out how wide-spread this was and drafts and email to send out.

It does seem like anyone who booked with Virgin Australia direct (and maybe other OTA’s) are ticketed and confirmed (for now). It might have something to do with price (didn’t look at base fare vs taxes), but my Priceline bookings were all less than $200. My one Orbitz book (which I made once Priceline died) was $300 and was ticketed and confirmed. Shooting myself in the foot for be ‘cheap’ and not booking direct (knew it was available direct for $300).

Is it just me or does Priceline seem to have a an issue with ticketing error fares? This is not the first one of mine that’s gotten canceled. Maybe I’ll have to pick a different OTA as my go to for error fares. Seems like Priceline can never actually get them ticketed.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta (diamond), Hilton (diamond)
Uh-oh... from the VA manage-my-booking page:

”This booking cannot be managed via our mobile website. Please contact us for further information”

but calling is bad!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.