FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:34 am
gjb2008123

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
It sounds like everyone who booked with Priceline got cancelled. No email as of yet (confirmation or cancellation)for the 3 trips I booked. Itineraries just cleared out of Priceline’s system. Maybe Priceline will send out cancellation emails later once their headquarters figures out how wide-spread this was and drafts and email to send out.

It does seem like anyone who booked with Virgin Australia direct (and maybe other OTA’s) are ticketed and confirmed (for now). It might have something to do with price (didn’t look at base fare vs taxes), but my Priceline bookings were all less than $200. My one Orbitz book (which I made once Priceline died) was $300 and was ticketed and confirmed. Shooting myself in the foot for be ‘cheap’ and not booking direct (knew it was available direct for $300).

Is it just me or does Priceline seem to have a an issue with ticketing error fares? This is not the first one of mine that’s gotten canceled. Maybe I’ll have to pick a different OTA as my go to for error fares. Seems like Priceline can never actually get them ticketed.