Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Va: Dfw-mel $172 ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TYSDoc
Uh-oh... from the VA manage-my-booking page:

”This booking cannot be managed via our mobile website. Please contact us for further information”

but calling is bad!!
Very odd... I’m still good with the VA site and was even able to select seats for all segments includjng Virgin America seats!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:01 am

Removed from my Priceline trips as well. Oh well
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AA, MP, DL
From VA facebook in response to another user:
I'm really sorry to hear how you're feeling here. Please know this was a fare filing glitch and we’re looking into it right away and assessing whether we’ll honour the fares if booked directly through Virgin Australia. As you booked with a travel agent or third party it is up to them as to whether they will honour the fare, so you’ll need to chat with them. Thank you Anna and I'm really sorry once more for the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Priceline/booking.com may have a policy about cancelling very low fares/rates, I have done many "bargain" hotel bookings with them and they all get cancelled, they always blame the vendor but I think it may actually be them...Don't use them in the future.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
Very odd... I’m still good with the VA site and was even able to select seats for all segments includjng Virgin America seats!
I booked two tickets yesterday with priceline for $300 each ($120 fare + $180 taxes/fees) and they are ticketed. The ticket numbers are issued and confirmation email received. The tickets also appear on VA's online system but I cannot change seats. It tells me to call VA directly to do so.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:29 am

Priceline has disappeared for me as well, but no cancellation email or anything.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by nk15
Priceline/booking.com may have a policy about cancelling very low fares/rates, I have done many "bargain" hotel bookings with them and they all get cancelled, they always blame the vendor but I think it may actually be them...Don't use them in the future.
Yeah...I was busy last night and didn't see the fare till 30 min in and only had time to priceline (via a link)...should have checked VA directly. I have had good unrelated luck with priceline and bidding (especially on airfare back in the day). I feel like this is going to be one of those "congrats to those that got it" we all love/hate you for it
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
What do you recommend doing if the flight is still showing on the VA site, but I can't change seats or anything like that without calling? Booked through Chase UR.

Just wait it out?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by 6foot7
What do you recommend doing if the flight is still showing on the VA site, but I can't change seats or anything like that without calling? Booked through Chase UR.

Just wait it out?
Correct, just wait. they haven't decided what they are doing yet.
ldubin and 6foot7 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by 6foot7

Just wait it out?
Im in the same boat as you...booked 5 tickets thru Chase UR.
6foot7 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:21 am

Priceline email:
Our records indicate that you recently tried to purchase a reservation with Virgin Australia. Once the purchase request was made we attempted to confirm ticketing with the airline however the booking has been rejected due to a fare filing issue.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Emails from Priceline are rolling in.

One at 10:46am (Subject: Important Information Regarding Your Travel To Melbourne) that said 'Please be advised that we are not able to fulfill your request for airline tickets due to the following reason(s): Airline System Issue'

Then 3 more around 11:15am (Subject: Important Information Regarding Your Priceline.com Itinerary XXXXXXXXXX) (one for each reservation I booked with them) that said 'Our records indicate that you recently tried to purchase a reservation with Virgin Australia. Once the purchase request was made we attempted to confirm ticketing with the airline however the booking has been rejected due to a fare filing issue. Because of this issue we are unable to confirm your tickets and you will need to place a new reservation for your intended travel dates. Please note your credit card has not been charged.'

The one reservation I made through Orbitz (for a buddy of course ) still shows good.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I tried booking this last night, but it was glitching out and re-pricing on me. I think I was too late around 6:30 pm CST
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by gjb2008123
The one reservation I made through Orbitz (for a buddy of course ) still shows good.
Based on this and several other things floating around I'm chatting with PL now. Again...not honoring the fare makes complete sense if you are doing it across the board, or even across the OTA (but keeping those booked on VA)...but so far the only people I see reporting cancellations is Priceline.
EDIT: Well that was a stupid chat...basically said call PL to talk...but said nothing about VA cancelling. I'll wait a bit to call...if anyone has a OTA ticket confirmed let me know
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:29 am

Priceline cancellation email for me as well. Not going to pursue it, oh well.
ldubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.