Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
apparently, it wont price for su instead of af to ikt.

ikt is the furthest I can get via matrix on af*
there are other destinations like ovb and i suspect it would price out similarly too. people dont have to go to ikt twice in one ticket.
I actually wanted to price myself to OVB because it makes sense for me to go there (lots of friends etc), but couldn't find a single option, did you manage to?

Edit: Nevermind, just found some.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
it's true, i noticed this as well. I am going to do some digging, there is something in the fare rules allowing something here. And I wonder where else?
It's likely that EF truncated the list of routing rules to 500, as was hinted at upthread.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Has anyone managed to book it during the last few hours ? Every time, after the paiement page, DL returns me "Uh-oh! We're sorry, but the fare for the flights you selected is no longer available. Please search again to view and select alternative flights. #100503R "

Last edited by Theluc; Sep 3, 2017 at 8:39 am
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
I actually wanted to price myself to OVB because it makes sense for me to go there (lots of friends etc), but couldn't find a single option, did you manage to?

For the similar price /under AF code?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would be interested in making this work only as far as Samara (KUF) but I haven't had time to fiddle around with it yet. Seems a bit of a faff, to be honest, and it's probably verging on too late now.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
For the similar price /under AF code?
i would expect the price to be similar to IKT since it is the same fare.

AF coded is probably needed for the fare to price out.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by pbd456
apparently, it wont price for su instead of af to ikt..
Only the return can be had with SU code at usd 51 extra yq charges. For this reason outbound stopover in moscow is not possible.
The dates are limited till end of Winter 2018 timetable as SU and AF have not extended the codesharing agreemebt beyobd those dates. As they only signed off Winter timetable in August i would not expect Summer 2018 to be available any time soon.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
Only the return can be had with SU code at usd 51 extra yq charges. For this reason outbound stopover in moscow is not possible.
The dates are limited till end of Winter 2018 timetable as SU and AF have not extended the codesharing agreemebt beyobd those dates. As they only signed off Winter timetable in August i would not expect Summer 2018 to be available any time soon.
cool. not sure if the routing rule will last by then.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I'm trying to get something here I get the IKT, IST, TLV nicely into 3 separate trips with long stops in CDG.

any option to get long stops in AMS instead? anyone an examply that works?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov

any luck with VVO?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by christravelblog
I'm trying to get something here I get the IKT, IST, TLV nicely into 3 separate trips with long stops in CDG.

any option to get long stops in AMS instead? anyone an examply that works?
It's possible in some cases, but keep in mind that except for the beginning and end of your journey for the SVG-AMS segments, AMS is not a natural stop, and AF doesn't generally codeshare on AMS destinations they fly to directly.

Just try to break your segments, e.g. instead of flying IST-TLV, choose to fly IST-AMS and AMS-TLV, so you could have the following segments
SVG-IKT
IKT-IST
IST-AMS
AMS-TLV
TLV-SVG
Attached Images  
christravelblog likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Ditto
It's possible in some cases, but keep in mind that except for the beginning and end of your journey for the SVG-AMS segments, AMS is not a natural stop, and AF doesn't generally codeshare on AMS destinations they fly to directly.

Just try to break your segments, e.g. instead of flying IST-TLV, choose to fly IST-AMS and AMS-TLV, so you could have the following segments
SVG-IKT
IKT-IST
IST-AMS
AMS-TLV
TLV-SVG
awesome; going to play around with ITA!

not sure yet about IKT as that would be in february when it's minus WAY TO COLD there for me.
even FRU is to cold then i guess. might stick to just IST/TLV maybe another less miles but still nice if you want to go somewhere and don't care about a few miles.

700-900 euro is nothing if you can turn this into like several trips
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:42 am

another question, on SVG you can do a direct turn around I guess on the same KL plane if you have only hand Luggage?

because if the plane there is delayed, then the way back is delayed too obvious and I should not have any problems connecting in AMS again to Paris correct?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
another question, on SVG you can do a direct turn around I guess on the same KL plane if you have only hand Luggage?
I was there numerous times and you exit into the gate area, just like domestic US flights, so not a problem.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:02 am

because if the plane there is delayed, then the way back is delayed too obvious and I should not have any problems connecting in AMS again to Paris correct?
are you going to write a blog post to kill this deal?
Air Rarotonga likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.