Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:28 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Keter
IKT is not in Europe I meant, ATH, GVA, TUN, almost anything. All these fares allow side trips to almost anywhere in Europe and Russia (except Far East unfortunately) with some peculiarities on cities and airlines permitted.
We are maybe talking over each other.
My point of this subject is not if the fare is intra-Europe or not anymore.

My point of this subject is the "thread title". (Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR ...)
This fare is not to Irkutsk, but to Istanbul.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am trying to book using the AF and DL sites and it says no available flights on those days, after it first gives multiple results. Any ideas? Or where to access Amadeus? (Amadeus.net doesn' t have multicity)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
This fare is always active or its a good idea to book quickly?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by nk15
I am trying to book using the AF and DL sites and it says no available flights on those days, after it first gives multiple results. Any ideas? Or where to access Amadeus? (Amadeus.net doesn' t have multicity)
same problem, a lot of options on the site but when you try to chose one there are no available flights. Don't know how to book it online...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
PowerTools feeding to Momondo is probably your best bet. Was able to price an itinerary which wouldn't show on DL's site out on Flysmarter through Momondo.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Hi, I just booked it successfully, via TLV with Expedia multicity, 24 hour cancelation, so no-brainer... works also from OSL which helps me with positioning for great QR OSL fares.

Thanks OP!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by nmsondrej
Hi, I just booked it successfully, via TLV with Expedia multicity, 24 hour cancelation, so no-brainer... works also from OSL which helps me with positioning for great QR OSL fares.

Thanks OP!
Thanks, I also figure it out with simple itamatrix using af+ and copying to bookwithmatrix.com and available to book with priceline. I probably wont book it though.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Ex-SVG is a free add on the the OSL-xxx fare. OSL-xxx fare has a simple routing table with 2 or 3 options. The routing table for most SVG-xxx fares is the similar list of 500. Tried for SVG-ATH, SVG-BUD, etc. all have the similar long list of routings. Hmmmmm.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
This fare is always active or its a good idea to book quickly?
This is one is not a breaking deal, just a good thing to practice for many. So it might stick for a while.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by stephem
Ex-SVG is a free add on the the OSL-xxx fare. OSL-xxx fare has a simple routing table with 2 or 3 options. The routing table for most SVG-xxx fares is the similar list of 500. Tried for SVG-ATH, SVG-BUD, etc. all have the similar long list of routings. Hmmmmm.
In the fares i looked into the add on is not free, its EUR 80 RT and EUR 40 one way.

** ADDONS FOR INFORMATION ONLY **
FARE--RT
PUBLISHED AMOUNT CONVERTED AMOUNT
ADDON CITIES F/B CUR VIA NUC
ADDON ORG SVG-OSL P***** EUR 80.00 NOK 760
ATP ZONE 600 ADD-ON TARIFF AARBS/986
PUBLISHED OSL-ATH D3FFNO NOK 6655 NOK 6655

1 NUC - 0.891032 EUR ROUNDED UP TO NEXT 1 EUR
NOK CONVERTED TO USD USING BSR 1 NOK - 0.12892749 USD
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Keter
In the fares i looked into the add on is not free, its EUR 80 RT and EUR 40 one way.
sorry, free vs trivial cost, the key I was trying to point out is there are dozens of AF biz fares ex-SVG that have adopted this similar set of routings (crazy routings I should add, that I suspect a computer generated).
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by dsf
Side trip to Iceland is tempting...
Not exactly in March (and neither is Norway).
Btw the fares are still pretty good for May, but substantially higher.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Not exactly in March (and neither is Norway).
Btw the fares are still pretty good for May, but substantially higher.
Southern Norway (OSL, SVG, BGO) can be quite nice in March, with lovely spring weather.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:05 pm
zse

Very tempting!
Not sure I want to go to Irkutsk so I played a bit and found nice option with EVN for 7433 NOK (cheaper is possible but the much worse flights, like in the middle of a night, long connections etc.).
Then I realized that I to confirm the status SVG-AMS-CDG-ATH-CDG-TLV-CDG-AMS-SVG will be more that enough for me. That will be 6300 NOK for good flights and dates I want.
Now can't decide between longer routing (with more than 50% more miles and ~15% higher price) or more relaxed one %)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:11 pm

Always good to remember, you can book them far from each other, I'm tempted to go for:

AMS-SVG on a Friday award ticket, and then:
SVG-AMS-<stopover>-CDG-TLV-<stopover>-CDG-AMS-<stopover>-IST-<stopover at destination>-AMS

Flying IST-AMS not through CDG makes it more expensive, but the IST-CDG flight timing is early morning vs. IST-AMS in the afternoon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.