Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Im trying to use ITA -power tools to recreate a schedule I found in google flights. However ITA give me a price of 50 000 NOK instead of 6700 google flight gives me (attached).. Am I doing something wrong??
Attached Images   
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Wondering what MOW-IKT would be. It's neither European, nor International, nor Caribbean / Indian Ocean and nor Domestic within France.
I have a feeling SVO-IKT would be considered as International. I looked into the AF award chart and they identify West/Central/East Russia separately. West Russia falls into Europe, Central Russia with the Middle East and East Russia under Asia 1. I think IKT is in East Russia, so SVO-IKT is considered an international flight. I could be wrong though..
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:07 pm

I played around with various destinations to determine which would qualify for the lower fares. It appears that the sequence is important -- specifically it must go East to West, e.g. EVN->IST->TLV->CMN. Otherwise the fares triple.
Also, night time arrival at EVN can be avoided by skipping the stop at SVO (on certain dates).
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I played around with various destinations to determine which would qualify for the lower fares. It appears that the sequence is important -- specifically it must go East to West, e.g. EVN->IST->TLV->CMN. Otherwise the fares triple.
Also, night time arrival at EVN can be avoided by skipping the stop at SVO (on certain dates).
Nice theory, except that IST > TLV is not east to west
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
1Just made a roundtrip booking
SVG-AMS-CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG-IST (booked in D)
IST-CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG-AMS-BGO (booked in C)

I booked in these booking class to be able to cancel the ticket (9176NOK so around 1000€).
I booked with Delta and got 006-tickets
With a flyingblue number, Mileage earning will be 250% as AF flight number or 175%/150% as delta marketed (006-tickets) ?
I would have said 250% as it is an AF flight

On ITA, it says 55000 miles (wheretocredit)
I checked the booking on my klm account and it says I would earn around 25000 miles but i am not sure it takes everything (I guess all but the SVO-IKT legs). On AF website, no information.

Last edited by canadavid; Sep 1, 2017 at 8:12 am
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:06 am

What important is the marketing carrier, not the ticket stock.
According to gcmap, your route is almost 21K miles, so over 50K level miles is a possibility, if the SVO-IKT legs also count as 250%.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
What important is the marketing carrier, not the ticket stock.
According to gcmap, your route is almost 21K miles, so over 50K level miles is a possibility, if the SVO-IKT legs also count as 250%.
I ask on the chat of flying blue website and operator confirm SVO-IKT count as 250%.
However, it is a long trip....
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:51 am

Nice!
Keep in mind that you will absolutely have to get a Russian visa if you fly SVO-IKT.
I'll be looking forward to that trip.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: SU Elite
Originally Posted by canadavid
I ask on the chat of flying blue website and operator confirm SVO-IKT count as 250%.
However, it is a long trip....
I called to flyingblue callcenter and asked about CDG-SVO. Operator said that for a flight from Paris to Moscow in class Z I will receive 125% miles..
Calculator on the flyingblue site shows 250% miles.

About IKT I recommend to clarify again.

Last edited by iamn0s; Sep 1, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:40 pm

Nice!
Keep in mind that you will absolutely have to get a Russian visa if you fly SVO-IKT.
I'll be looking forward to that trip.
Getting a Russian visa in the US might be a nightmare without the San Francisco consulate. That's the one competent consulate that travel agents usually use.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:04 pm

I actually flew SVO-IKT on AF-marketed flights and could check what I was credited, but unfortunately it was in February 2016, which is just one month more than the max period FB allows to check transactions for (they allow 18 months back).
Anyone knows the way to past history beyond 18 months back?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:53 pm

I actually flew SVO-IKT on AF-marketed flights and could check what I was credited, but unfortunately it was in February 2016, which is just one month more than the max period FB allows to check transactions for (they allow 18 months back).
Anyone knows the way to past history beyond 18 months back?
call them, maybe
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iamn0s
I called to flyingblue callcenter and asked about CDG-SVO. Operator said that for a flight from Paris to Moscow in class Z I will receive 125% miles..
Calculator on the flyingblue site shows 250% miles.

About IKT I recommend to clarify again.
That's wierd because when booking for example SVO-CDG-TLV you clearly see ~18k miles which is 250% at the booking information.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Am I the only one curious how many EQM/RDM you can get on this fare? I looked at the AF mileage table and it seems Z fare on European flights earns 2.5x EQM's, and you get the minimum 750 miles if the segment flown is less than that. Am I reading this right? So I picked the longest route I can put together: SVG-AMS-CDG-SVO-IKT-SVO-CDG-IST r/t, which earns over 55k EQM's and ~78k RDM if you are Platinum, that's a lot of miles!
That's up to 75,782 Flying Blue miles for a Platinum member:
- 54,130 level miles (instant Gold status)
- 21,652 bonus miles

Amazing!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:04 am

Im presuming this booking option is dead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.