Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:49 am

Hi guys!

Got anybody of you who departs from LHR a cancellation?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EZETravel
Really? So you think is better to call to cancel or you may lose the $?
If you call to cancel you will lose all the money (non-refundable tickets, at least for thise with the X fare basis) or be charged the cancellation fee.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That was notable because AZ took control of tickets that were not booked directly with them - and cancelled them.
Ah yeah - it was indeed much more widespread. It was worth a punt - wasn't so time consuming to get a refund.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrvincent
It was worth a punt - wasn't so time consuming to get a refund.
Agreed! I had 3 tickets last time and had them all refunded easily and quickly by following the advice given - ringing Alitalia and asking for the refund directly. Those who failed to follow the advised procedure but instead started chargebacks via the credit card companies or kept dealing with agents - who had been cut out of the loop - are the ones who went months without being refunded.

Whether the same procedure will apply this time remains to be seen.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:54 pm

Good God, so much BS in the last few pages in this thread. Thanks for reminding me of the very reason why I don't read too much on FT these days!
@RTW1 I really hope you're flying tomorrow!
@the UK lawyer: don't waste your time trying to explain potential loopholes. In some languages there's an expression which would literally translate to "pearls for pigs"
@so many others: you surely remind me of the CFO I once had in my team and who had a few junior legal counsels reporting to him. The poor guy had ZERO legal education but the fact that legal counsels were reporting to him, made him think he was some sort of legal expert. Guess who got fired...

Don't take this all too seriously! It's a freaking plane ticket. Not the end of the world.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
My outbound is for tomorrow...
Did you manage to online check in?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: *G (Aegean); AF/KL Silver; BA Bronze; Amex Platinum, Priority Pass.
Originally Posted by pastaclub
Steven, how does using a foreign credit card help you in getting a refund? How does even using ANY credit card help, more than any other form of payment? (I'm not challenging your statement, I just want to understand it)
In the UK, section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 provides that a credit card issuer is normally jointly and severally liable for any claim against a supplier in respect of a misrepresentation or breach of contract. This protection will also cover situations where the supplier goes into liquidation. It usually costs a little more to pay for a flight using a credit card, but when booking error fares it is money well spent.

For example, if Alitalia refuses to honour a booking paid for with a UK issued credit card and a refund is disputed by the OTA, one can go straight to the credit card company for a refund instead if needs be. Similarly, if the airline goes bankrupt - and Alitalia isn't in the best of health - one is also protected.

See here for more information: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...your-purchases
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gianlucamos
Did you manage to online check in?
See post #73
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
are return tickets usually safe?

I know that situations like this are unusual and hence hard to predict, but in past instances have there been any known examples of a traveler caught with a canceled return ticket once they had reached the ticketed destination?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:31 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
I'm glad I paid by credit card and not with a debit card from a bank. My departure date should be in about 3 weeks from now. It's better to wait until the OTA responds than directly call the credit card company I guess.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goldmarch
I know that situations like this are unusual and hence hard to predict, but in past instances have there been any known examples of a traveler caught with a canceled return ticket once they had reached the ticketed destination?
There is atleast one known instance I know who got his return ticket cancelled. But after a few hours of arguing he managed to get atleast back in Y. That's why I would never do something like this without enough money/miles to backup.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
See post #73
I had missed it. Thank you!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

When in Rome... no problems so far, and the only other business passengers on the first flight are also going to Tokyo :-).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When in Rome... no problems so far, and the only other business passengers on the first flight are also going to Tokyo :-).
Have a good trip

How long are you planning on staying in Tokyo?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:47 am

Very glad to hear that. Keep us up to date please! Enjoy your journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.