Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE]AZ: LHR/FRA/DUS/MUC/STR/TXL-NRT ~500 EUR in J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks.... but what a crappy lounge, can't complain too much I guess.
Will keep you informed.

It's just a quick trip until the end of the week. A few nights in an onsen in Hakone and some food and jazz in Tokyo.

Last edited by RTW1; Jul 11, 2017 at 4:59 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Good to hear and congrats to you!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
but what a crappy lounge
Which one? Casa Alitalia (former Giotto, concourse E, recently refurbished) is certainly not a first class lounge but certainly above average (food wise and not only), at least in Europe. Then if you ended up in the lounge located in the Schengen area (concourse D, the same used by a number of Star Alliance carriers, including Lufthansa), then indeed that's possibly one of the worst lounges I've ever been to.

G
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm in a small dump with worn out faux leather furniture with another small part resembling a lounge upstairs...

It's in concourse E and the wifi tells me Casa AlItalia. Drinks are poured from a 1l bottle, etc... and I'm getting afraid even looking at the food :-).

I'm not impressed, and this certainly looks nothing like refurbished. The seats have heavy wear and tear and electrical outlets are few and far between.

Must be a different one than you have experienced?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:43 am

I'm in a small dump with worn out faux leather furniture with another small part upstairs...

It's in concourse E and the wifi tells me Casa AlItalia. Drinks are poured from a 1l bottle, etc... I'm not impressed, and this certainly looks nothing like refurbished.
In that case you are most certainly in the other lounge (e.g. Le Anfore, which is not an Alitalia lounge hence I'm not entirely sure how you were able to access it, but nevermind), this is next door to the Alitalia lounge and reason why the wi-fi is indeed showing Casa Alitalia. Oh dear!

G
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't think so... Alitalia staff manning the lounge.

Is your experience recent?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:01 am

Is your experience recent?
I was there a few times after it got refurbished and it definitely wasn't so shabby! I know it does get crowdy and the lack of natural light is a big minus but, again, food was decent (there even used to be an open kitchen with a chef) and, whilst overall nowhere near the other Casa Alitalia lounge at MXP, it wasn't as bad as described. Ah well, I hope at least you enjoy the on-board product (let us know)

G
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sounds like you are not in the Casa Alitalia in the G gates of T3 (pictured) but in one of the other, older lounges in T1 (also pictured).
Where exactly are you, RTW?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...s-fco-mxp.html
Attached Images   

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 11, 2017 at 6:33 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got the following from cheaptickets.de

Sehr geehrter Kunde,

Sie haben kürzlich auf unserer Webseite einen Flug mit Alitalia nach Tokyo gebucht.

Wie Alitalia uns soeben mitteilte, basiert der von Ihnen gewählte Ticketpreis falsch geladen wurde die wiederum eine zu niedrige Tarifberechnung zur Folge hatte.
Die fehlerhafte Berechnung des Ticketpreises beruht auf einer technischen Störung des Reservierungssystems der Fluggesellschaft, die durch unsere Webseite weitergeleitet wurde.
Auf der Grundlage dieser Tatsachen hat Alitalia nun beschlossen, die betroffenen Buchungen zu annullieren.

Die Fluggesellschaft hat uns mitgeteilt, dass die betroffenen Buchungen mittlerweile annulliert wurden, und allen Kunden eine Erstattung des vollen Ticketpreises zusteht.

Als Online-Reisebüro haben wir das Zustandekommen des Vertrages zwischen Ihnen und der Fluggesellschaft vermittelt. In dieser Funktion haben wir inzwischen, gemäss Auftrag von Alitalia, den Erstattungsprozess eingeleitet. Aus Kulanz werden wir Ihnen selbstverständlich auch die Kosten erstatten, die Sie direkt an uns entrichtet haben. In Abhängigkeit Ihrer Bank oder Kreditkartenfirma kann der Erstattungsprozess zwischen 5 bis 10 Geschäftstage dauern. Bei weiteren Fragen wenden Sie sich bitte direkt an Ihre Bank oder Kreditkarteninstitut.

Wir bedauern die Ihnen entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten zutiefst und möchten uns dafür im Namen der Alitalia entschuldigen.

Sollten Sie eine neue Buchung tätigen wollen dann helfen wir Ihnen gerne auf unserer Webseite weiter.

Mit freundlichen grüßen,

Cheaptickets.de Kundenservice
Technical problem with the booking system, too low booking price, tickets cancelled and full refund processed, 5-10 business days before it's back on the card, blah blah blah.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:54 am

Thanks.... but what a crappy lounge, can't complain too much I guess.
Will keep you informed.

It's just a quick trip until the end of the week. A few nights in an onsen in Hakone and some food and jazz in Tokyo.

Which OTA did you book through?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Sounds like you are not in the Casa Alitalia in the G gates of T3 (pictured) but in one of the other, older lounges in T1 (also pictured).
Where exactly are you, RTW?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...s-fco-mxp.html
That first picture looks like a render.... the lounge I was in had a simple intry with two white desks and a green wall, but with windows and a stairs to another part of the lounge. And also a mobile bar to get your drinks poured.

That second picture is also another lounge. This one had white flooring, pretty scratched, and old furniture.

Seemed like a basement where they had put the old furniture. The rest if the E concourse looks pretty nice, not this lounge. Maybe there's another. Seemed rather temporary (the BA lounge was opposite).

But nevermind, I'm now in my seat and the hard product is pretty good.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Just got the following from cheaptickets.de

Technical problem with the booking system, too low booking price, tickets cancelled and full refund processed, 5-10 business days before it's back on the card, blah blah blah.
That's too bad.... guess I was lucky to be able to fly almost instantly.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's too bad.... guess I was lucky to be able to fly almost instantly.
Let's hope they don't re-seat you after boarding closes. And that they bring you back whenever you are hoping to return!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Haha... I've had my first glass of champagne.... I'm good :-).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:11 am

This one had white flooring
That's indeed Le Anfore lounge and not Casa Alitalia.

In any case, enjoy your trip!

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.