Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The expiry date was not the reason that the excerpt from the GDS was posted. Or rather, it is, but to demonstrate that the fare was on sale for almost 2 full weeks...
Not at the same price or with the same conditions though. As noted already, this is information after the fact, and the relevant legal test relates to what the booker thought at the time of the booking, not a week later after some investigation on GDS.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Not at the same price or with the same conditions though. As noted already, this is information after the fact, and the relevant legal test relates to what the booker thought at the time of the booking, not a week later after some investigation on GDS.
So the booker is guilty untill proven innocent? I have very little experience with litigation myself, but from a consumer rights stand point it's pretty puzzling that the case is pretty much focusing on what a person should have known/done and completely ignoring the actions of the other party.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's contract law, no assumption of innocence applies here....
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
It's contract law, no assumption of innocence applies here....
With the discussion so far focusing on the consumer wrongdoings, it seems as if Alitalia had been assumed innocent.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There is no wrongdoing.... you book an error fare, you hope it's honered...if it isn't you move on.

All the legal nonsense is just that.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
There is no wrongdoing.... you book an error fare, you hope it's honered...if it isn't you move on.
Now where's the fun in that?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
A quick update.

My 2 expedia.be bookings were refunded fully by calling Expedia.be, including booking fee.
They were very apologetic but said they couldn't reinstate because of AZ's interference with the booking.

My expedia.com booking was a bit more difficult. Had to call AZ for the refund and then had to call back expedia.com for the booking fee. First agent said no refund on the booking fee but supervisor then agreed that the cancellation by AZ was confirmed and they issued a refund for the booking fee.

Now hopefully this all gets processed rather quickly and my 4k interest free loan to AZ is paid back swiftly.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Lack
So the booker is guilty untill proven innocent? I have very little experience with litigation myself, but from a consumer rights stand point it's pretty puzzling that the case is pretty much focusing on what a person should have known/done and completely ignoring the actions of the other party.
What's guilt got to do with it? There is no criminal offence here.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:55 am

What's guilt got to do with it? There is no criminal offence here.
Guilty as in accepting the terms that the airline laid out and now reneges and made payment for the services that are now not being rendered.
And we're debating here how the customer should have known better what kind of business was the airline trying to conduct, which is borderline ridiculous.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:59 am

Guilty as in accepting the terms that the airline laid out and now reneges and made payment for the services that are now not being rendered.
And we're debating here how the customer should have known better what kind of business was the airline trying to conduct, which is borderline ridiculous.
I have told you what the legal test is. If you don't agree take it up with the law officers in your country.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maayan
...and now we have USA-Europe RT for $711: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...pe-711-rt.html. This is just $14 more than I paid for my AZ ticket EUR-USA-EUR. Should I immediately conclude that that's an EF too?
Looks like those fares mentioned above were never bookable.@:-)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:08 am

I have told you what the legal test is. If you don't agree take it up with the law officers in your country.
And I've told you why the test may not be as straightforward as you may imagine.
More so, as had been brought up by various posters - Alitalia having not outright canceled the tickets might have jeopardized their chances of using that legal test.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:11 am

And I've told you why the test may not be as straightforward as you may imagine.
More so, as had been brought up by various posters - Alitalia having not outright canceled the tickets might have jeopardized their chances of using that legal test.
You have yet to produce anything which shows something different. The only case you did show related to cancellation terms under a German court and is completely irrelevant to the facts and legal points in relation to a mistake fare.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Why do mistake fare discussions always end this way?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's all so predictable..... including the nonsense about taking legal action, and people claiming they didn't know it was an error fare....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.