FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

maxvor Dec 10, 2016 3:27 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 27591026)
Are you actually implying there's some more direct routing between FLR-DUS?
;)

Hehe, not according to AZ fare rules :) Direct flights are explicitly prohibited on this fare (if they even exist), and MPM checks are, again, explicitly, specified not to be taken into account.

Danusa86 Dec 10, 2016 3:30 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 27591025)
Shouldn't happen, unless it was ticketed on CX stock. In every itinerary there is only one validating carrier (in that case it's AZ I assume). It collects money on behalf of all the carriers and therefore can cancel the ticket (or rquest CX to deny boarding).

Thanks, asking as I am tempted to fly tomorrow hahahaha :D

KARFA Dec 10, 2016 3:31 am

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 27590985)
CX sectors book under CX codes... so should be good to earn avios and TPs - not sure how to add the BA EC number to the booking though - claim after it has been flown?

Just add it as part of the booking process on Expedia or add after using MMB on CX or AY sites.

maxvor Dec 10, 2016 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86 (Post 27591045)
Thanks, asking as I am tempted to fly tomorrow hahahaha :D

I'm pretty sure for tomorrow you're safe - if you're able to board the first flight - it would be totally crazy for AZ to cancel the ticket en route (not that it won't happen, it did happen on some other deals with some members, but they were able to restore the ticket relatively easy after giving a call or two), you will have all EU regulations on your side.

megaloman Dec 10, 2016 3:37 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27591047)
Just add it as part of the booking process on Expedia or add after using MMB on CX or AY sites.

Sadly, I've booked by travelup... so still waiting for my e-ticket :(

Markie Dec 10, 2016 3:40 am

Originally Posted by megaloman (Post 27590985)
CX sectors book under CX codes... so should be good to earn avios and TPs - not sure how to add the BA EC number to the booking though - claim after it has been flown?

If you can get the CX locator you can use their web site to add the BA number and pick seats.

Temedar Dec 10, 2016 3:42 am

I assume you can't have the first intra-EU leg for tomorrow and all the other flights several months later? Or can it be booked somehow?

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 3:43 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 27591039)
Hehe, not according to AZ fare rules :) Direct flights are explicitly prohibited on this fare (if they even exist), and MPM checks are, again, explicitly, specified not to be taken into account.

One could argue that it is not a 'manifest pricing error' but it surely is a manifest routing error. :)

Virazuno Dec 10, 2016 3:46 am

It is quite astonishing that this hasn't been pulled yet. Something is afoot.

geewhy Dec 10, 2016 3:48 am

Routing through Asia seems still ok but I can't find any date works for US, anyone can route through US?

Mict Dec 10, 2016 3:52 am

Originally Posted by geewhy (Post 27591072)
Routing through Asia seems still ok but I can't find any date works for US, anyone can route through US?

Try on ebookers, that's the only OTA where I can get fares touching the US. There are quite a lot, you can do interesting routings.

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 3:56 am

I am booked for coming Friday as well, but apparently there is someone travelling tomorrow. We shall see how this goes!

Forrest Bump Dec 10, 2016 3:57 am

Also still available to MRU and MLE.

maxvor Dec 10, 2016 3:57 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27591064)
One could argue that it is not a 'manifest pricing error' but it surely is a manifest routing error. :)

One could also argue that manifest pricing error is more manifest than manifest routing error, since prices can be observed and compared directly, while routing rules is something that is unheard of by general public. And 600-800 EUR for a ticket is still a lot of money.

LukeUSDreamer Dec 10, 2016 3:58 am

Hi guys,

I booked FLR-CDG-HKG on AF, and NRT-DUS on NH (direct flight on Boeing 787: I can't wait to try their business class!), for $660 total :)

May I ask you a question: were you able to select seats on the flights operated by Air France? I tried both the Alitalia and Air France websites, but they say the reservation cannot be modified. I was able to select seats on the flight operated by ANA, though.

Thank you all!

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 4:02 am

Originally Posted by LukeUSDreamer (Post 27591088)
Hi guys,

I booked FLR-CDG-HKG on AF, and NRT-DUS on NH (direct flight on Boeing 787: I can't wait to try their business class!), for $660 total :)

May I ask you a question: were you able to select seats on the flights operated by Air France? I tried both the Alitalia and Air France websites, but they say the reservation cannot be modified. I was able to select seats on the flight operated by ANA, though.

Thank you all!

Don't rush, you can select seats next week, it's going to be in business class, most of them are perfectly acceptable anyway ;)

dinoscool3 Dec 10, 2016 4:03 am

Just booked FLR-FCO-ICN-NGO-NRT-DUS. AZ/KE on outbound and NH inbound for $741. I wish I could have gotten more *A legs on it, but Expedia wouldn't recreate stuff I found on ITA.

Forrest Bump Dec 10, 2016 4:11 am

Originally Posted by LukeUSDreamer (Post 27591088)

Thank you all!

Same issue on both my reservations.
Moreover AF assigned me the seat 5A on their A388 but row 5 is absent on their seat map.
CX allows to assign it on their website.

Mict Dec 10, 2016 4:15 am

AZ's social media team is awake as they posted on Twitter about 10 minutes ago (not about the error fare).

Wonder if they know ? :D

rossmacd Dec 10, 2016 4:16 am

I booked 2 US bound itineraries on ebookers.

1 was FLR-LAX-DUS - fully ticketed

The other is FLR-JFK-DUS - was awaiting ticketing, now it states "cancelled" in my ebookers account. This was booked quite some time after my first. I think the fare has been pulled, and no longer ticketing.

Matt4 Dec 10, 2016 4:23 am

They're starting to fix it : I've just seen AZ YR jump from 187 to 500 EUR on certain itineraries.

cyncynangel Dec 10, 2016 4:24 am

i cannot book on ebookers anymore

bonzo Dec 10, 2016 4:25 am

can anyone get OGG or HNL into the mix? I can do FLR->LAX->DUS and FLR->SLC->DUS and FLR->SAN->DUS, but can't make Hawaii work. I would be happy to make round the world with a week in Hawaii in between. Also given that this touches multiple alliances how do you handle the miles?

I am looking at FLR->SLC on AF/AZ (want to input my KL ff) and SLC->DUS on BA (want to input my BA ff), but its all one PNR. Thoughts?

bison1847 Dec 10, 2016 4:25 am

I was able to select seats on Alitalia and Cathay using the PNRs provided but have not yet figured out how to select on Korean air (cant get Korean to accept either PNR or Al Italia ticket number). I agree though better to wait on this one and see how it plays out.

Just waiting for the first idiot (probably saw this posted on a blog somewhere) to call Al Italia and ruin this for everyone.....

world4 Dec 10, 2016 4:27 am

1 Attachment(s)
Still getting fares westbound to Australia, via the U.S. for £578

Even if it gets pulled, it's been fun..

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 4:28 am

Originally Posted by world4 (Post 27591149)
Still getting fares westbound to Australia, via the U.S. for £578

Even if it gets pulled, it's been fun..

click through and price rises in response to YR increase

dodgeflyer Dec 10, 2016 4:28 am

What I'm surprised about is that neither eBookers or Expedia have stop-loss systems in place. Who knows how many tickets have been booked in the last 16 hours, but must run in the thousands. That they do not realise that rather esoteric routes have been booked tells you how they won't care and will place all liability on to the carrier. The carrier ultimately takes the publicity hit in this case.

Wozza2404 Dec 10, 2016 4:29 am

I'll be popping to NRT for sushi (£522). Debated S. Africa but couldn't get CPT to price; only JNB (£509).

LukeUSDreamer Dec 10, 2016 4:32 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 27591095)
Don't rush, you can select seats next week, it's going to be in business class, most of them are perfectly acceptable anyway ;)

Thank you both, nufnuf77 and Forrest Bump.
I'm pretty sure this will not change until check-in, but I'll try again next week.
Hoping it plays out well!

ianfly Dec 10, 2016 4:34 am

I got a CPT via AMS with klm and BA on the return. Only one flight actually is Alitalia lol I don't think it'll be honoured so I thought I'd at least get a route I would like to fly if it does!

obduro Dec 10, 2016 4:35 am

Originally Posted by bison1847 (Post 27591145)
I was able to select seats on Alitalia and Cathay using the PNRs provided but have not yet figured out how to select on Korean air (cant get Korean to accept either PNR or Al Italia ticket number). I agree though better to wait on this one and see how it plays out.

Just waiting for the first idiot (probably saw this posted on a blog somewhere) to call Al Italia and ruin this for everyone.....

Already happened up thread...

I'm having the same issue selecting seats on my outbound AF flights, says I cannot change the itinerary and doesn't have a specific 'select seat' option. Oh well.

obduro Dec 10, 2016 4:36 am

Originally Posted by bonzo (Post 27591144)
I am looking at FLR->SLC on AF/AZ (want to input my KL ff) and SLC->DUS on BA (want to input my BA ff), but its all one PNR. Thoughts?

Expedia at least gives you the option to select which FF program you want to credit each flight to. At the worst, you get different booking codes for each airline you fly with so can just login direct on the site and input FF details if you don't get this option.

This isn't a reason to not book it right now, fwiw...

remf Dec 10, 2016 4:45 am

Been "ticketing in progress" for about 2 hours on ebookers now. Not holding breath. This was for a FLR-JFK-DUS route.

Danusa86 Dec 10, 2016 4:48 am

I think this one is over, I was about to book for tomorrow but it suddenly disappeared. Shame. Hope the one in Jan. sticks :)

obduro Dec 10, 2016 4:51 am

I'm still seeing the option to book FLR - SIN - DUS on expedia.de, but with a higher price point and different routing (circa €950). Whether it tickets is another matter - seems this is the last knockings of this fare.

Dacrazytravelman Dec 10, 2016 4:51 am

Yep - seems to be gone now.

christravelblog Dec 10, 2016 4:52 am

.... got scared when after payment it popped 'price change"

but it was just this:
Please Note
The total price of your flights changed due to a one-time non-refundable fee of £0.00 from the airline based on your payment method.

just booked SFO outbound through CDG airfrance to SFO on the way back through AUH on EY.

540ish pounds.

ralphRDG Dec 10, 2016 4:58 am

managed a flr-cdg-lax-hkg-auh-dus for £577
just wondering now how to select seats, any suggestions?

thanks

newflyer530 Dec 10, 2016 5:00 am

I'm currently DUS based so this really comes in handy... Got in on 3 tickets, 1 to ICN/PVG and 2 to MEL/SYD, now i'm (finally) fully booked for next year. Fingers crossed it will stay so although i'm not getting my hopes up...

Thanks a lot OP, you are awesome.

a9504477 Dec 10, 2016 5:00 am

Hmm, booked one yesterday (through expedia) and still not showing a ticketno and instead of showing ICN-FCO, FCO-DUS legs on the return shows ICN-FCO twice. Anyone else has something similar?