FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

dt0809 Dec 9, 2016 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by chocobill (Post 27589767)
Thanks, just booked FLR-CDG-BKK-NRT-SJC/LAX-NRT-DUS. Doubt it will be honoured though...

Just exactly what I am trying to build.Any hint on where you booked it? Thanks!

Shl Dec 9, 2016 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by cysyuen (Post 27589764)
Some of the routings here are extreme but if you see it the other way you are probably doing around the world trip i.e. FLR-CDG-LAX (BREAK)-SYD (BREAK)-HKG-DUS

I do not see the problem of flying this route in C, even though it is a long journey. I think it has to do that I am still a student!

You are lucky then to have so much time :-) For the ones working this is more of a stretch ...

kellejil Dec 9, 2016 6:25 pm

Better flights for Aug 17 FLR-ICN-SYD-DUS with SQ $1009USD, with EY $723USD on expedia.com

chocobill Dec 9, 2016 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by dt0809 (Post 27589798)
Just exactly what I am trying to build.Any hint on where you booked it? Thanks!

Only saw it on Ebookers; try a multi-city search FLR-BKK/BKK-SJC/LAX-DUS.

ianfly Dec 9, 2016 6:30 pm

I booked 2 different ones. One I hope gets honoured and one that I've messed up so badly I hope doesn't get honoured! Would love to get a refund on Expedia... what are the chances?

kalderlake Dec 9, 2016 6:35 pm

Thanks OP.

FLR-Seoul//TYO-Duss

$912 CAD in August

And even cheaper in Sept.

On Flighthub.

Positioning flights would just be too much from where I'm at, unfortunately.

goliath Dec 9, 2016 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by ianfly (Post 27589815)
One I hope gets honoured and one that I've messed up so badly I hope doesn't get honoured! Would love to get a refund on Expedia... what are the chances?

Can't you just cancel it for free within 24 hours?

The Wolf Dec 9, 2016 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by goliath (Post 27589830)
Can't you just cancel it for free within 24 hours?

Fare rules even state free cancellation

ianfly Dec 9, 2016 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 27589856)
Fare rules even state free cancellation

Really? Expedia booking says non-refundable

vincewy Dec 9, 2016 6:47 pm

Wow, this is insanity, is AZ going to honor this deal? For the same reason, I'm avoiding AZ segment(s) at all cost if this bankrupts AZ, just FLR-CDG.

cysyuen Dec 9, 2016 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 27589870)
Wow, this is insanity, is AZ going to honor this deal? For the same reason, I'm avoiding AZ segment(s) at all cost if this bankrupts AZ, just FLR-CDG.

Who would fly with AZ if you can also fly QF/EY/CX/AF???

lewende Dec 9, 2016 6:51 pm

Avoiding AZ segments won't make your odds (to be honored) higher. As long as your tickets are issued on AZ stock (apparently everybody is), AZ will have an incentive to cancel your ticket, regardless what airlines you choose to fly.

bison1847 Dec 9, 2016 6:53 pm

One more for you

Just got some positioning flights sorted not as exciting as some of the routes but still useful for my need and fairly cheap. Going in late April return in early May

Expedia.de Business (except for FLR-ROM)

FLR - ROM - AMM Al italia
LHR - AMS - DUS KLM

513 Euro per adult
388 Euro per kid

Already showing up in my KLM overview (used my KLM Plat num)

The Wolf Dec 9, 2016 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by ianfly (Post 27589867)
really? Expedia booking says non-refundable

changes any time changes permitted. Cancellations any time cancellations permitted for cancel/no-show. Note - cancellations rules apply per fare component. For partially used tickets refund the difference between the original fare paid and the new applicable fare in same or higher booking class from point of origin for the new routing. The first applicable one way fare in same or higher booking class applies if the new routing results in a one way itinerary. -------------------------------------------------- in case of refund requested on entire journey for a ticket that has been reissued the original fare paid will follow the refund conditions of the original fare paid -------------------------------------------------- yr-surcharge amount follows the same conditions of the penalty provisions in case of cancellation and no show.

zoqfotpik Dec 9, 2016 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by ianfly (Post 27589867)
Really? Expedia booking says non-refundable

It depends which local expedia portal. I booked a refundable ticket on expedia.com and noticed it's cheaper (even after conversion) on expedia.ca. Read through the rules that it's non-refundable unless I purchase the cancellation insurance. Pretty sneaky imo.

vincewy Dec 9, 2016 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by cysyuen (Post 27589871)
Who would fly with AZ if you can also fly QF/EY/CX/AF???

.. and SQ, actually I got SQ on the return segment for $200 if this is honored. Wait for the drama to unfold next Monday at AZ.

helvetic Dec 9, 2016 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 27589880)
Avoiding AZ segments won't make your odds (to be honored) higher. As long as your tickets are issued on AZ stock (apparently everybody is), AZ will have an incentive to cancel your ticket, regardless what airlines you choose to fly.

I got DL stock on a booking.

justatourist Dec 9, 2016 7:05 pm

Expedia.de still shows me an error "Wir haben über 400 Fluglinien in unserem Bestand durchsucht, konnten aber leider keine Flüge in der Business Class für Ihre aktuelle Suche finden"

Any ideas? Was trying to do something like FLR-SYD-NRT-DUS

gaugeguy Dec 9, 2016 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by justatourist (Post 27589920)
Expedia.de still shows me an error "Wir haben über 400 Fluglinien in unserem Bestand durchsucht, konnten aber leider keine Flüge in der Business Class für Ihre aktuelle Suche finden"

Any ideas? Was trying to do something like FLR-SYD-NRT-DUS

Just book on www.expedia.ca and you won't be confused. :)

lewende Dec 9, 2016 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 27589914)
I got DL stock on a booking.

This is very interesting. DL never cancelled bug fares and you are golden now. Mind sharing your routing?

keitherson Dec 9, 2016 7:13 pm

Booked to SYD on QF 8 from DFW for next year. Will upgrade to F using QF points. Looking forward to checking out the new AA F pre-dining.

There was also availability from LAX on AA metal for those that would like to use SWU's to upgrade to F.

cysyuen Dec 9, 2016 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by bison1847 (Post 27589886)
Just got some positioning flights sorted not as exciting as some of the routes but still useful for my need and fairly cheap. Going in late April return in early May

Expedia.de Business (except for FLR-ROM)

FLR - ROM - AMM Al italia
LHR - AMS - DUS KLM

513 Euro per adult
388 Euro per kid

Already showing up in my KLM overview (used my KLM Plat num)

Why booking the positioning now before a decision is made if the flights will be honored or not?

kirbster73 Dec 9, 2016 7:18 pm

Can someone explain to me in layman terms what the risks are in booking this ticket if it, as expected, gets cancelled? I presume you,would just get a full refund?

becks1 Dec 9, 2016 7:19 pm

Still works

Booked FLR-CDG-SIN-MEL-HKG-DUS through Expedia.de for €815.

Travel dates 1 Aug - 26 Aug.

Can't wait to see if these work.

Many thanks, OP!!!

justatourist Dec 9, 2016 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by gaugeguy (Post 27589934)
Just book on www.expedia.ca and you won't be confused. :)

Still doesn't work for me, I get the same error :(

techoin Dec 9, 2016 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 27589939)
Booked to SYD on QF 8 from DFW for next year. Will upgrade to F using QF points. Looking forward to checking out the new AA F pre-dining.

There was also availability from LAX on AA metal for those that would like to use SWU's to upgrade to F.

routing, link, ota?

gaugeguy Dec 9, 2016 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by justatourist (Post 27589953)
Still doesn't work for me, I get the same error :(

Try different dates then....

nonesuch flyer Dec 9, 2016 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27589672)
It is not about dates, it is about routings. I had one, but I can't seem to reproduce it. The simple ones are the FLR-HKG-SYD-DUS routings where you can fly all but the FLR-HKG on OneWorld. There was a way to force the outbound to PER (on QR) but my braincells are depleted now. :)

Oh, OK... I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you had found a way to just have FLR-FCO or some such thing on Alitalia... I had come up with FLR-HKG on AF operated flights, and then the rest on CX metal.

Thanks for the hint.. I will try some forcing strategies.

keitherson Dec 9, 2016 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by techoin (Post 27589955)
routing, link, ota?

used skyscanner, still departs FLR just connects thru DFW

techoin Dec 9, 2016 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 27589970)
used skyscanner, still departs FLR just connects thru DFW

do you have the link? All I see is HKG,PVG,SIN routings

henkybaby Dec 9, 2016 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer (Post 27589968)
Oh, OK... I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you had found a way to just have FLR-FCO or some such thing on Alitalia...

I did... :D Just can't find that specific routing anymore. Just remember that it was DUS-PER// somewhere else-FLR. I think. Not sure.

I have booked trips to SIN, ICN and CIX. Total of 540TPs for the OW segments. Pretty sure they will be cancelled though.

patgarrett Dec 9, 2016 7:36 pm

is AZ going to honor this deal?

No.

henkybaby Dec 9, 2016 7:37 pm

I have booked 3 trips. A week to SIN (well, DPS), a long weekend in ICN and a long weekend in CIX for a total of €1850. Now I will simply wait for the cancellations. Would be very surprised if these are honoured.

patgarrett Dec 9, 2016 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mict (Post 27589712)
What's Vayama's reputation on honoring this kind of fares?

It has absolutely nothing to do with Vayama.

hopeful_me Dec 9, 2016 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27590004)
I have booked 3 trips. A week to SIN (well, DPS), a long weekend in ICN and a long weekend in CIX for a total of €1850. Now I will simply wait for the cancellations. Would be very surprised if these are honoured.

There may be some advantage in booking multiple trips. In the past instances of mass cancellations, there were often stories of some bookings that slipped under the radar.

ESFLYER95 Dec 9, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm in maybe, probably not but booked.

FLR-CDG-JFK(AF)
JFK-HKG-SYD(CX)
SYD-HKG-DUS(CX)
£680

megaloman Dec 9, 2016 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27590004)

I eventually managed to book FLR-CDG-HKG-AKL-RAR-AKL-HKG-DUS on AF-CX-VA-NZ-CX - would be nice if that got honoured, but I doubt. My e-tix hasn't arrived yet :-(

megaloman Dec 9, 2016 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95 (Post 27590017)
I'm in maybe, probably not but booked.

FLR-CDG-JFK(AF)
JFK-HKG-SYD(CX)
SYD-HKG-DUS(CX)
£680

what dates? :D

SkyTeam777 Dec 9, 2016 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 27589906)
.. and SQ, actually I got SQ on the return segment for $200 if this is honored. Wait for the drama to unfold next Monday at AZ.

You think it will take until next Monday? It seems it's only fair that they change the fare within 24 hours...waiting longer really starts to damage customer sentiment. Has it taken that long in past bookings?

Also, my Orbitz bookings are now coming back unconfirmed unlike before. Anyone else?

BA6501 Dec 9, 2016 7:45 pm

When can we expect to see these cancelled?