FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

Roaming Ryan Dec 10, 2016 12:58 am

NOU and NAN are also nice candidates for this fare.

Culture Guru Dec 10, 2016 12:58 am

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik (Post 27590713)
You can try it on ebookers, Heidi. here's a link - https://www.ebookers.com/Flights-Sea...w.ebookers.com

It can see it as low as €533

Its working...great deal to the USA

Mict Dec 10, 2016 1:02 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27590702)
Have you actually looked in EF at this one? If you had you would see we do know it.

You don't even need EF, ITA will tell you it's a one way FLR-DUS fare :D

TPJ Dec 10, 2016 1:04 am

Stop buying these tickets, AZ will go bankrupt:D Oooooops - bought two to BKK...

Dacrazytravelman Dec 10, 2016 1:04 am

Fare has free cancellation, right? How does it look for date change for individual segments?

ManFactSpendLA Dec 10, 2016 1:06 am

Wow! Still alive! Just bought FLR-CDG-SGN-AUH-DUS! Vietnam air/etihad! This can't be real!!! So excited for Vietnam a350. Called etihad and they let me select seats...

KARFA Dec 10, 2016 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Mict (Post 27590734)
You don't even need EF, ITA will tell you it's a one way FLR-DUS fare :D

Indeed ^

Will be interesting to see if it's honoured.

SEA-Flyer Dec 10, 2016 1:15 am

(Deleted)

Markie Dec 10, 2016 1:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27590755)
Indeed ^

I really cannot believe it will be, so am not booking associated travel requirements!

expatOWflyer Dec 10, 2016 1:17 am

Booked FLR-CDG-SIN-SFO-CDG-DUS for £925.60

rossmacd Dec 10, 2016 1:19 am

Can anyone think of any ways of get more OW sectors into this:

FLR-CDG-LAX (AF)
LAX-HKG-DUS (CX)

Any recommendations welcome :D

homeone Dec 10, 2016 1:23 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 27590764)
Can anyone think of any ways of get more OW sectors into this:

FLR-CDG-LAX (AF)
LAX-HKG-DUS (CX)

Any recommendations welcome :D

what dates were you able to find fares for LAX? thanks in advance

maxvor Dec 10, 2016 1:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27590755)
Indeed ^

Obviously some people know. But the point is that you're not required to when buying, are you...

rossmacd Dec 10, 2016 1:24 am

Originally Posted by homeone (Post 27590767)
what dates were you able to find fares for LAX? thanks in advance

Mid to end of July

KARFA Dec 10, 2016 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 27590762)
I really cannot believe it will be, so am not booking associated travel requirements!

Same here. My first one (only booked two) is in August so no need to book any thing until later when we should hopefully know either way :)

Lefly Dec 10, 2016 1:34 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 27590774)
Same here. My first one (only booked two) is in August so no need to book any thing until later when we should hopefully know either way :)

If this get cancelled, it will happens well before August, right? Since I need to travel in august I would prefer not to have to replace tickets for 4 pp at the last moment... :p

cyncynangel Dec 10, 2016 1:35 am

Originally Posted by beyounged (Post 27590712)
seeing FLR-CDG-LAX on AF, then LAX-SYD/MEL QF, SYD/MEL-DUS on EY for $700 in Sep. This is some insane price for round the world with some of the better products in the world...

I still cannot find it. Could you please provide more information?

Funky Spike Dec 10, 2016 1:36 am

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA (Post 27590741)
Wow! Still alive! Just bought FLR-CDG-SGN-AUH-DUS! Vietnam air/etihad! This can't be real!!! So excited for Vietnam a350. Called etihad and they let me select seats...

First rule of Fight Club...........

Spike

lewende Dec 10, 2016 1:39 am

I would like to urge everybody here to refrain from being busy to select seats or even calling airlines to confirm or select seats. This fare, unfortunately, won't stick and all your efforts are deemed futile, based on the poor track record from EY/AZ.

Funky Spike Dec 10, 2016 1:40 am

It's been what, 14-15 hours and I love that people are posting "I'm not going to book until I'm sure of how many miles I'm going to earn for XYZ airline" If it gets honoured its a ridiculously good deal, take it as such. Book now, think later.

Spike

cyncynangel Dec 10, 2016 1:40 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 27590773)
Mid to end of July

which site did you use?

JohnEcon Dec 10, 2016 1:40 am

What are the consequences (if any) of skipping the last leg to DUS? Will someone come after you for the fare difference?

Thanks.

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 1:41 am

Yes lewende, but it's still fun. And some people will get lucky.

The fare is fully flexible so if you can afford to park some money at Expedia instead of the bank, why not? Interest rate is about the same. :)

DocS Dec 10, 2016 1:42 am

What is the basis for airlines cancelling booked, paid and ticketed journeys? Is there any redress from the OTA? Or airline?

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 1:44 am

Originally Posted by DocS (Post 27590804)
What is the basis for airlines cancelling booked, paid and ticketed journeys? Is there any redress from the OTA? Or airline?

Not in this case. If they cancel the only thing left is to smile and hope for better luck next time. This is too obviously an error. If they honor it, I will be shocked. And lacking vacation days. :)

FFlyerCDG Dec 10, 2016 1:46 am

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 27590793)
I would like to urge everybody here to refrain from being busy to select seats or even calling airlines to confirm or select seats.

How innocent you are :D
I'm pretty sure everyone with a confirmed booking has already all his/her seats booked !!
Not to mention all who have called the airlines for various reasons....

Markie Dec 10, 2016 1:46 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27590810)
Not in this case. If they cancel the only thing left is to smile and hope for better luck next time.

Yes indeed, I've had some honoured over the years and some cancelled. You chalk it up to experience when they cancel and have fun when they don't!

englisha Dec 10, 2016 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Shl (Post 27589720)
I found another funny one:

FLR-CDG-LAX-MIA-SCL-PPT-LAX-CDG-DUS
GBP 960

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...165-1705051350

Forgot: All the middle segments are LATM and AA - so good for BAEC

When you change this to 2 adults and 2 kids, the price comes down quite a bit. 2499 GBP for 4, so average 625 each. Been wanting PPT for a long time, this is amazing for this destination.....Now, how to get a stop in IPC too :)

lewende Dec 10, 2016 1:48 am

Originally Posted by DocS (Post 27590804)

Basis? How about "I will lose too much money for this" or "screw your suckers for taking advantage from me."

Enigma368 Dec 10, 2016 1:49 am

Originally Posted by UAuhoh (Post 27590563)
+1. I flew the RGN fare and, upon arrival in LHR to catch5 LX to YUL via ZRH, they denied me boarding upon check-in. Filed a small claims suit in SF to recover the costs for the substitute flight out of LHR and LX sent a lawyer from NYC to fight it. They spent a dollar to save a dime but sure made their point.

The other carriers involved in that, notably SQ, all honored the fares.

Did you lose? Surely if you are already flyusing they can't cancel the ticket mid route?

rossmacd Dec 10, 2016 1:53 am

Originally Posted by cyncynangel (Post 27590796)
which site did you use?

ebookers

beyounged Dec 10, 2016 1:54 am

for the folk asking FLR to LAX to MEL to DUS

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...y-view#results

should click through

Forrest Bump Dec 10, 2016 1:54 am

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 27590793)
I would like to urge everybody here to refrain from being busy to select seats or even calling airlines to confirm or select seats. This fare, unfortunately, won't stick and all your efforts are deemed futile, based on the poor track record from EY/AZ.

The record from AZ is the contrary of poor. They honored all the error fares as far as I remember.
This won't guarantee anything, but please stop all this fear mongering dripping.

lewende Dec 10, 2016 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368 (Post 27590824)
Did you lose? Surely if you are already flyusing they can't cancel the ticket mid route?

In his case he had two choices: (1) fly Y for the rest of his trip as a gesture of SWISS goodwill, or (2) get a refund for the pennies he left for the ticket.

Apparently he took neither and brought SWISS to the Small Claim Court.

lewende Dec 10, 2016 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump (Post 27590836)
The record from AZ is the contrary of poor. They honored all the error fares as far as I remember.
This won't guarantee anything, but please stop all this fear mongering dripping.

Which one did AZ honor? Please enlighten me.

Sebz4n Dec 10, 2016 1:56 am

When do you reckon they will start acting on this? Surely during next week, if at all, right?

FFlyerCDG Dec 10, 2016 2:00 am

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 27590841)
Which one did AZ honor? Please enlighten me.

The last one they honored allow me to travel around Europe for a few cents and several times to the US for less that 100€.
But it was all Y ;)
Nothing in J and only AZ was involved...

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Sebz4n (Post 27590843)
When do you reckon they will start acting on this? Surely during next week, if at all, right?

Apparently they haven't even discovered their cock up yet, so wait for the fare to be pulled. Then add a week.

A bit more if the fare has been alive long and widely published. You have a slightly greater chance of slipping through the cracks in that scenario.

Lefly Dec 10, 2016 2:03 am

I hate booking with third parties.
The route I like (FLR-CDG-NYC(all AF)-MIA-MAD-DUS (all IB)) seems available only on Travelup UK, but it doesn't give me any confidence as I can't see booking rules, fare & class codes, and it doesn't even tell me that a couple of flights are AZ coded but AF operated.
I am not even sure they have live prices...

Anyone here has/had different experience or suggestion?

lewende Dec 10, 2016 2:03 am

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG (Post 27590851)
The last one they honored allow me to travel around Europe for a few cents and several times to the US for less that 100€.
But it was all Y ;)
Nothing in J and only AZ was involved...

That was a JPY denominated Y fare and at the time, DoT rules were still in force.

Not any more right now...