Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by diver858
Departure Airport: SAN
Miles Needed: 2400 Alaska or 6900 partner
Required Spend or Budget: have $200 in credits, willing to kick in another $100 or so
Available Travel Dates: Dec 9 - Dec 23
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: see above
5 segments will also work.

I am currently booked on AA for an end of year paid leisure trip SAN-MIA-MBJ in A / I, which should yield 5300 miles, should I choose to change mileage accrual from AA to AS. Bit concerned, as LT PLT status comes in handy during IRROPS - particularly during the peak holiday travel season.

Shocked by the AS premium fares for flights to destinations like MCO and even SEA - business must be good.

Any suggestions?
Before you MR have you tried calling AS? in my experience they are very understanding about things like this. It may be worth calling and asking for consideration because of the hurricane.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond SPG-Platinum Hyatt-Platinum United-Gold Alaska-MVP Gold Southwest-A List Preferred
2017 Alaska MR

New to the mileage runs. Any suggestions for Alaska Airlines or partner with full fare earnings mileage runs? I can position myself anywhere in the US.

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MRRook
New to the mileage runs. Any suggestions for Alaska Airlines or partner with full fare earnings mileage runs? I can position myself anywhere in the US.

Thanks
If you need something in 2016, see the first post in this thread for posting guidelines. If looking for 2017, have a look through the Mileage Run Deals http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/ forum for ideas.

Last edited by jbeckett; Dec 27, 2016 at 8:53 pm
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
On behalf to the Mileage Run Moderator team, I would like to express our thanks to the many FlyerTalkers who rose to the challenge and helped so many members with their helpful suggestions.

These consolidates threads made managing the year end traffic much smoother.

Hopefully, all were successful with their runs.

Pat89339 on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderator team
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
This is kinda early but any way to earn about 20K EQMs on AS (maybe one premium flight). Under $2k if possible. Due to AS losing Delta as a partner I am going to be about 20K short of MVPG. I can position to anywhere in the US.

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ss2000
This is kinda early but any way to earn about 20K EQMs on AS (maybe one premium flight). Under $2k if possible. Due to AS losing Delta as a partner I am going to be about 20K short of MVPG. I can position to anywhere in the US.

Thanks!
How about LAX-HKG-BKK-SIN-HKG-LAX in PE on CX? 8/15-8/17, $1632 for ~19836 miles (includes 10% CoS PE bonus). Dates look wide open mid-August and later. Didn't check beyond that one to see if the BKK stopover is available on all, which adds ~450miles to a LAX-SIN CX routing.

http://goo.gl/flights/7Lju

or watch the Premium Deals forum for AS partners for a J (or F) fare but of course no guarantees.

ETA: CPM is pretty high but you get it done in one. Could also search for transcons, particularly out of SEA right now, you had the time for multiple trips and can position for little cost.

Last edited by rustykettel; Jun 5, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Originally Posted by ss2000

Thanks!
Look for Hainan deals from LAX or ORD to CSX in business R that sometimes drop below $2k and offer a nice 100% class of svc bonus that is included in the EQMs. Yes you might have to buy a Chinese visa, but its worth the $ for the 10 yr to do this on demand if you value AS status IMO.

Last edited by Coffee84; Jul 5, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Coffee84
Look for Hainan deals from LAX or ORD to CSX in business R that sometimes drop below $2k and offer a nice 100% class of svc bonus that is included in the EQMs. Yes you might have to buy a Chinese visa, but its worth the $ for the 10 yr to do this on demand if you value AS status IMO.
Any recommendations on how to search for these? It seems like Hainan isn't showing up on Google flights currently and their website is not the most user-friendly. I also need 20K EQM miles before the end of the year to reach 75K
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by EbonyTatas
Any recommendations on how to search for these? It seems like Hainan isn't showing up on Google flights currently and their website is not the most user-friendly. I also need 20K EQM miles before the end of the year to reach 75K
The LAX-CSX flights (for a MR ) run Tues - Thurs
ex)

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...9-14;sc=b;a=HU
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:03 pm

FYI - the last couple of times I have done this run - I booked through OTAs ( expedia and citi thank-you ). You then have to call them (HU) because the PNRs won't work on their sites to get seats etc.

Last edited by Coffee84; Jul 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:00 pm

I just returned from my LAX-CSX mr last night. This being the 2nd year i've done this and used citi thank you points to lower my out of pocket. Here are my suggestions after doing this a 2nd time:

I stay at the Intercontinental Changsha. It's a great hotel - to get there via taxi it will cost you ~100-120 RMB each way. I got scammed last year by a taxi driver so this year I ordered a car from the hotel and paid nose-bleed prices, which hurts the overall MR cpm.
Well last night on the return flight, i was thumbing through the HU inflight mag, and I came across a page that says to book their limousine service - complimentary if you are flying business and valid for the LAX-CSX route. I hadn't seen that anywhere - and seems comparable to the EK,ET black car type of service. I'd recommend anyone doing this MR to check into that by calling HU. It might save a lot of hassle.
Also - be patient at the CSX airport. Both times departing the plane was delayed and the biz lounge ( fairly well documented on the internet ) is far from fantastic. There really is not much information in English and at the gate at CSX the "GA" was making some kind of announcement and a crowd of disturbed faces started to gather around the counter. I just sat it out and tried to be as patient as possible. Also on the return to LAX this time, the plane went to the wrong gate and we had to wait for another push to go to the external lot for the bus to immigration.
Other than that the food onboard was great and the service was really attentive. You can tell the FAs were really trying. I was impressed with the level of care.
I'd do this again next year but prob try a new city rather than a third trip back to CSX, but take a route that is valid for limo svc.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Coffee84
I just returned from my LAX-CSX mr last night. This being the 2nd year i've done this and used citi thank you points to lower my out of pocket. Here are my suggestions after doing this a 2nd time:

I stay at the Intercontinental Changsha. It's a great hotel - to get there via taxi it will cost you ~100-120 RMB each way. I got scammed last year by a taxi driver so this year I ordered a car from the hotel and paid nose-bleed prices, which hurts the overall MR cpm.

Well last night on the return flight, i was thumbing through the HU inflight mag, and I came across a page that says to book their limousine service - complimentary if you are flying business and valid for the LAX-CSX route. I hadn't seen that anywhere - and seems comparable to the EK,ET black car type of service. I'd recommend anyone doing this MR to check into that by calling HU. It might save a lot of hassle.
Also - be patient at the CSX airport. Both times departing the plane was delayed and the biz lounge ( fairly well documented on the internet ) is far from fantastic. There really is not much information in English and at the gate at CSX the "GA" was making some kind of announcement and a crowd of disturbed faces started to gather around the counter. I just sat it out and tried to be as patient as possible. Also on the return to LAX this time, the plane went to the wrong gate and we had to wait for another push to go to the external lot for the bus to immigration.

Other than that the food onboard was great and the service was really attentive. You can tell the FAs were really trying. I was impressed with the level of care.

I'd do this again next year but prob try a new city rather than a third trip back to CSX, but take a route that is valid for limo svc.
They don't advertise the limo well. Sorry you didn't know but you just email your confirmation number to [email protected] and mention that you would like to take advantage of the limo service. They will send you a form to fill out and return by email.

It worked great for me. Got picked up in Malibu in a nice car, and dropped off at LAX. I had a somewhat normal car to and from the airport to the Intercontinental, and an decent (though with a noticeable front side dent) Limo from LAX- Hermosa Beach. The FTers I ran into on the flight over did have a problem because their driver to the intercontinental as no where to be found. Took a lot of begging and pleading and finding someone to translate until they found their driver.

I'm glad i took the car service, if i was in a taxi I would have felt like I was being taken for a ride. It took forever to get to the hotel. I think since then the subway from the airport is also working and there is a subway stop across from the Intercontinental. There was only 1 subway line when I went.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
I'm falling a bit short of 75K (well the 90K AS+partner) and looking to requalify for next year. I might do it with work travel, but better yet would be a fun trip with the SO - int'l preferred for that. I haven't done a trip for miles before so somewhat excited to finally book a trip as a MR. Would appreciate your ideas on fun & cost-effective ways to hit status. Ideally I'd get the miles in one trip.

Departure Airport: SEA*
Miles Needed: 8706 for AS/partner miles
Required Spend or Budget: $1K or less preferred, one trip is the ideal vs. multiple weekends
Available Travel Dates: Weekends Oct-Dec; could take some time off if combined with a vacation for time on the ground somewhere (please say Portugal, Hawaii or another great place...)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares ok, cool codeshares a bonus

We also have a NYC trip around Columbus Day weekend so any int'l codeshares from the east coast for a getaway would be fun.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by leland
I'm falling a bit short of 75K (well the 90K AS+partner) and looking to requalify for next year. I might do it with work travel, but better yet would be a fun trip with the SO - int'l preferred for that. I haven't done a trip for miles before so somewhat excited to finally book a trip as a MR. Would appreciate your ideas on fun & cost-effective ways to hit status. Ideally I'd get the miles in one trip.

Departure Airport: SEA*
Miles Needed: 8706 for AS/partner miles
Required Spend or Budget: $1K or less preferred, one trip is the ideal vs. multiple weekends
Available Travel Dates: Weekends Oct-Dec; could take some time off if combined with a vacation for time on the ground somewhere (please say Portugal, Hawaii or another great place...)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares ok, cool codeshares a bonus

We also have a NYC trip around Columbus Day weekend so any int'l codeshares from the east coast for a getaway would be fun.
Slightly over...

https://goo.gl/flights/2REs $750 SEA-FRA in Condor PE 10/26-30
https://goo.gl/flights/oCeY $300-330 FRA-LIS on non-AS earning carriers 10/27-30

Alternatively, first two Saturdays of December, SEA-BOS on AS same day turns each would be $442 total.

https://goo.gl/flights/KRSe

ETA: could leave outbound on 10/23 for same price but separate tickets for FRA-LIS would be about $225-250 and give more time on the ground.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:58 pm

Need a run to get 3525 miles

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 3525
Required Spend or Budget: <$300
Available Travel Dates: now through Oct 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS or partners

Would like shortest and cheapest flight possible. I am ok to do a turnaround on same plane.

Sea to Ind is do-able, but kinda $$.

Thanks,
Kim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.