Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

Whether you fly AA or BA PE, you get the same 1.5x for EQM, assuming there even are AA flights with PE on your route. So you'd have to get creative and find a longer routing -- say, via MAD rather than LHR. But that means IB, which does not have PE.
Iberia has PE.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Suggestions Please

Whoops. Apologies. Seems I have posted this in the wrong place.

Hi All,
After a trip to AKL on Malaysian I am now Silver from Bronze.
It seems to me that chasing Gold simply for the sake of it is a bit bonkers but nevertheless I find myself wanting to do it.
I expect to fly to BKK in May/June departing from AMS (I know many of you dislike that option but it seems the most convenient way because I can drop the LGW-AMS last leg and be back home) I guess that will be around 300TP.
I need 775 to hit Gold. So I guess that's an additional 500 (or just a bit under)
I'm in London.
March is a good time for me to travel.
I'm also probably doing a weekend in Luxembourg soon.
Any suggestions please?

Last edited by webstereo; Jan 18, 2018 at 5:03 am Reason: Posted in wrong place I think
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:20 am

Looking to complete my AA Platinum Status Challenge!

looking for a “throwaway” flight in the US to earn my remaining 300 EQD so that I can then fly internationally with platinum perks.

Departure Airport(s): Preferably AUS. (IAH/DFW acceptable)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: n/a
EQDs Needed: 300
Max Budget: 500
Available Travel Dates: anytime until challenge end date of April 17
Max # Travel Nights: 5
AA only, or Partners Okay: yes
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lnghrn

looking for a “throwaway” flight in the US to earn my remaining 300 EQD so that I can then fly internationally with platinum perks.

I'm far from the expert around here, but if you use Google Flights, you can play around with dates and see what RT prices are to various destinations on the map (don't forget EQDs exclude taxes):

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2-10;a=AA;mc=m

Good luck!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Looking for Elite qualifying miles...

I'm looking for mileage runs this year to get me to the 2,000,000 miler level. I need 98,000 miles to get there so want to work on a few mileage runs early. Retired, so totally flexible, but certainly conscious of budget overall. My basic information is below.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TY

Departure Airport: LAX, SNA, ONT, LGB
Miles Needed: maximize EQMs, but am looking to accrue 98,000 this year with only one trip planned currently at 9k.
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible....
Available Travel Dates: From today through 9/21 - 10/8-12/21, am not opposed to doing overnight turns for saving on hotels.
Required Metal or Codeshare ok: AA or OW
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Lnghrn

Welcome to Flyertalk Lnghrn!

There's a bunch of AUS-DFW same-day fares in business that are around $380 that would net you about $320 EQD. I just picked a random Saturday in Feb and found this:
https://goo.gl/flights/aUjUH

If you actually want to go somewhere and maybe leave the airport, AUS-ORD is about $100 more. Here's something on that same date:
https://goo.gl/flights/EVDZe

AA basically flies nonstop from AUS to all of their hubs, but these seem to be the best prices, in domestic business. Since you only need the EQD, you might as well get it comfortably You can play around with the dates and see if you can find something better. DFW and ORD are the only nonstop I could find under $500. If you're willing to stay over you may find a better deal.

Glad you are being proactive about this. You're much better off hitting this sooner, just in case something comes up.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:55 pm

Flight to Johanessburg, South Africa

Originally Posted by holling911
I'm looking for mileage runs this year to get me to the 2,000,000 miler level. I need 98,000 miles to get there so want to work on a few mileage runs early. Retired, so totally flexible, but certainly conscious of budget overall. My basic information is below.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TY

Departure Airport: LAX, SNA, ONT, LGB
Miles Needed: maximize EQMs, but am looking to accrue 98,000 this year with only one trip planned currently at 9k.
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible....
Available Travel Dates: From today through 9/21 - 10/8-12/21, am not opposed to doing overnight turns for saving on hotels.
Required Metal or Codeshare ok: AA or OW

Leaving on Feb 10, returning on Feb 12 to Johanessburg (JNB) with AA and AA codeshare (BA). This is slightly more than 22,000 for a about ~$970 with 1 stop. If you do not mind flying around the US, then you can add some stops in DFW or MIA to add some distance. These flights are on nice planes (77W and A380) and what I would recommend. The dates for this are somewhat limited though.

Let me know if you have more flexibility as I have done some more creative routing in the past, but has longer layovers.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:09 am

Hi.. and thanks, and yea, I have a lot of flexibility. I assume you booked the JNB flights on AA? Or did you book it on BA?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:20 am

Hi... just booked it... LAX-LHR-JNB and return.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: EI Gold Circle Elite, ICH Platinum, HH
One World Mileage Run

Hi All

I am looking for some help in constructing a OneWorld mileage run to Capetown. I am based in Dublin so am flexible on Airline. Qatar now flying out of Dublin. Have a budget of about €3k to spend. Dates would be late march or early April. Will include a Saturday overnight. Can go dor 7 days max. Typically i fly BA but need to get back to Gold from Silver on BAEC
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:18 am

Departure Airport(s): MIA, FLL, PBI
EQMs or EQSs 4,000
EQDs Needed: N/A
Max Budget: 300
Available Travel Dates: Saturday or Sunday Only
Max # Travel Nights: Same Day Turn

Looking to do a same day run for about 4k eqm to hit plat. I found MIA-LAX-MIA for $295 in April. Wondering if anyone has any better options I should be looking at
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:14 pm

Agree, but maybe San Diego or Phoneix

Originally Posted by sgan317
Departure Airport(s): MIA, FLL, PBI
EQMs or EQSs 4,000
Max Budget: 300
Available Travel Dates: Saturday or Sunday Only
Max # Travel Nights: Same Day Turn

Looking to do a same day run for about 4k eqm to hit plat. I found MIA-LAX-MIA for $295 in April. Wondering if anyone has any better options I should be looking at
Depending on the exact day of travel, you might use Google Flights and try going for San Diego or Phoneix (about $250), but these all have a stop somewhere. If you do not want any stops, LAX is your best option.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: AA
Hello All ...I am new here and wanted to participate and learn new options.

I am in a somewhat unique position. I live between europe and america.
I will be available to travel every other month

Departure Airport(s): Zrh, fra, phl, ewr, jfk,sdq,puj
EQMs or EQSs ..100,000
Max Budget: 1000/month
Available Travel Dates: 1 week a month
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3

i would like to get my executive platinum status back. I recently dropped to gold.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Pralims
Hello All ...I am new here and wanted to participate and learn new options.

I am in a somewhat unique position. I live between europe and america.
I will be available to travel every other month

Departure Airport(s): Zrh, fra, phl, ewr, jfk,sdq,puj
EQMs or EQSs ..100,000
Max Budget: 1000/month
Available Travel Dates: 1 week a month
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3

i would like to get my executive platinum status back. I recently dropped to gold.

Any help will be appreciated.
Something like this would be the cheapest way to get it done.

ARN-LHR-LAX (rt) on BA in PE/Y for $785 (or less, depending on the dates)
Earns: 17,200 EQM /\ 2,350 EQD /\ 4 EQS
Requires a Saturday night stay.

OSL-LHR-LAX as low as $696. Similar earnings.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Since my usual holiday plans are a bit in the unknown this year I'm looking for a way to MR my way to maintain OW status on AA. I've been looking at CX PE but fares are not as low as I would expect and there are usually not many sales. Help is greatly appreciated!

I'm based in PEK at the moment but can re-position to (mostly) anywhere in Asia. I'm probably doing the reverse of most runners here on FT since I'm doing ex-China :P

Departure Airport(s): PEK (but HKG/PVG/SIN etc. are OK too! ex-China has great fares usually on CX Y only, which is useless for status...)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 25k+ (as many as possible)
EQDs Needed: No requirement, I expect upcoming travel to be EQD rich
Max Budget: CX PE PEK-HKG-JFK r/t usually is available for < $1500, yielding 24k EQMs; so anything below this. But if it's a good J seat happy to pay more.
Available Travel Dates: Mostly weekends. But same-day turnaround on a weekday is also acceptable
Max # Travel Nights: Same-day / Weekend
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK and preferred.
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.