Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:17 pm

Departure Airport: WAS
Miles Needed: ~10,000-12,000
Required Spend or Budget: <1K
Available Travel Dates: before 4/23 (quickest turn)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA only
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
You probably saw STL-LAX-HNL-LAX-STL for just over $900, 8296 miles. You could do longer routings for under $790; for example, STL-ORD-PHX-HNL-LAX-ORD-STL on 20-21 (9173 EQM). If you wanted to, for a similar fare and routing you could have the night of the 20th and most of the 21st on island before returning home (arriving 22nd afternoon).

As for flying Business: Any of YVR/SEA/SFO/SJU RT would top 4150 with the right routing. None seem to be available right now in Business for under $900, but they're close: STL-ORD-SFO-ORD-STL (4208 mi) is $950. So it could happen, I suspect; you'd need to keep an eye on them.

Hey thanks so much! Yeah the flight I saw was through LAX... I think what I may end up doing is purchase a first class ticket from ATL for 1150 and find my way to ATL on my own. Few hundred dollars more for sitting up front and 10k extra EQM may be worth it. Thank you
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gemini5165
Departure Airport: WAS
Miles Needed: ~10,000-12,000
Required Spend or Budget: <1K
Available Travel Dates: before 4/23 (quickest turn)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA only
BWI-DFW-ICN-DFW-BWI out 4/13 return 4/14 is $958, 16040 miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...WI0AA2651;a=AA
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
BWI-DFW-ICN-DFW-BWI out 4/13 return 4/14 is $958, 16040 miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...WI0AA2651;a=AA
Thanks! Just seeing, but can shoot for it next week for a few extra dollars.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Mileage from Austin

Hello,

I will be about 20-25 k short of EXP for next year due to some changes on my work load. So I wanted to get started early. Any good routing suggestion out of Austin

Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 20000 - 25000
Required Spend or Budget: $1200-$1500
Available Travel Dates: Fri-Sunday from May-December
International - No
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
I'm kicking myself for missing the ORD-SIN run. I'm looking for something decent out of ORD, MKE or MDW. I'm just trying to rack up as many EQD as possible dates are open. I'm self employed
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by tiph33
We are only looking at business class fares or AA hard metal that we could potentially use SWU's
The minimum stay required might make it a non-starter for you, but if you could finagle around a week, this QR ARN-AKL business class deal is a winner, for both EQMs and EQDs.

If QR are still selling it, you'd ring up ~36,000 EQMs and ~$4,800 EQDs, for travel in arguably the best Business Class in the world -- for just over $2000 apiece! It's very hard to move the needle on EQDs that far for that little.

I flew this in Feb when QR offered OSL-AKL for essentially the same price. To position from the US, my SWUs cleared both ways on DFW-LHR, with only a BA short-haul in Y to get to OSL. Stockholm should be equally easy/cheap to position to.

Hell, in QR J, with the level of service and the amount of space they provide, I'd even suggest you take the twins!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by mdd100
I'm kicking myself for missing the ORD-SIN run. I'm looking for something decent out of ORD, MKE or MDW. I'm just trying to rack up as many EQD as possible dates are open. I'm self employed
It will be tough to get anything valuable from the US for EQDs, maybe a CX run on PE. Since you are self employed and have control of your time, I would recommend you somehow make your way to CPT, and do the CPT-LAX run in QR J for $2k and $5+k in eqd. That's half way through EXP.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Originally Posted by nk15
It will be tough to get anything valuable from the US for EQDs, maybe a CX run on PE. Since you are self employed and have control of your time, I would recommend you somehow make your way to CPT, and do the CPT-LAX run in QR J for $2k and $5+k in eqd. That's half way through EXP.
That is an interesting thought. I just have to find the right routing. I have no problem positioning. Especially not if its somewhere fun.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
That is an interesting thought. I just have to find the right routing. I have no problem positioning. Especially not if its somewhere fun.
I am considering this trip myself, as I struggle with EQDs and it will do it for me. You can also do CPT-ORD I believe but for a little less EQDs.

If you need something cheaper or less EQDs, you can position to Europe or CAI and explore one of the many QR J routes from there. One option is CAI-ORD on RJ, QR, or BA for ~$1400-1500. Or OSL-BKK on QR J for ~$1400.

Or CAI-BKK on RJ J for $945.

I also suggest to book to fly by the end of summer, the sooner the better, because there is always a small chance that AA may re-adjust eqd earning for QR and others, if they realize they are losing revenue. The just did that with QF last week (minor re-adjustments), so it is not impossible.

Last edited by nk15; Apr 16, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Old May 4, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
If you can position to YYZ, AY consistently has decent J fares to SE Asia with stopovers in LHR/HEL possible. For example, YYZ-LHR-HEL-BKK is a bit under US$2500 r/t and would get you a little under 5000 EQDs.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 12,000 EQM, $700 EQD
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible
Available Travel Dates: weekends in June
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or earning EQM partners, prefer flights where I can get 100% EQM and MM miles too.

I am EQD rich and EQM poor for qualifying for EXP so I'm actually looking for a MR where I can run up my EQMs to hit EXP.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 12,000 EQM, $700 EQD
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible
Available Travel Dates: weekends in June
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or earning EQM partners, prefer flights where I can get 100% EQM and MM miles too.

I am EQD rich and EQM poor for qualifying for EXP so I'm actually looking for a MR where I can run up my EQMs to hit EXP.
Here's something to get you started -
LAX-CLT-MCO-LAX day trip 6/3 is $238, 4798 miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...017-06-03;a=AA
Old May 5, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: American Airline
Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 17,500 EQM
Required Spend or Budget: <1,500
Available Travel Dates: 5/19~5/21
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

I will have plenty of EQD but short on EQM after MLE run.
Right now I have two options for that weekend. Either fly to HKG or JNB, both trip can give me more than 17,000 EQM.

Does anyone have better suggestion?
thank you,
Old May 7, 2017, 8:44 am

AA EQMs needed before May 26

I am in a challenge program and need some more EQMs before May 26 to make Plat Pro for the year.

Departure: WAS (BWI, IAD, DCA)
Miles Needed: 3,500 EQMs
Budget: As little as possible
Available Travel Dates: Prefer same day, or 1 night sometime during May 21-25
Required Metal or Codeshare: AA or earning 100% EQM on AA partners.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.