Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:32 am

MR from DFW

Looking to keep EXP and will need 23281 miles after my currently scheduled travel.

Departure airport: DFW but could reposition if needed.
EQM: 23281
EQD: NA I’ve already met requirements
Budget: flexible but lower is better
Dates: anywhere between Dec 2 - 18

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: British Airways
HELP - Need to earn 55 Tier points by 8 Dec

Hi, I am very amateur at leveraging flight status. I am looking for some advice so i can reach silver BA tier level before time runs out. The requirements are below. Looking for cheapest method within the tight boundaries i have! From my understanding I can fly club one way in europe and back in economy?

Requirement: 55 tier points on British Airways before 8 Dec 2017
Airline: British Airways
Date: Outbound 30 November / Inbound 1 December
Airport preference: Live in London so any London airports

Thank you,

Ed
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by eac1988
Requirement: 55 tier points on British Airways before 8 Dec 2017
Airline: British Airways
Bizz return to the continent. And no, CE outbound and Y back will not necessarily get you the 55TP you need. Some Y routes earn as little as 5 TP.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AA
Thanks!

Melrowgo, Swingaling Thank you both for the great options!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by wademiller
Looking to keep EXP and will need 23281 miles after my currently scheduled travel.

Departure airport: DFW but could reposition if needed.
EQM: 23281
EQD: NA I’ve already met requirements
Budget: flexible but lower is better
Dates: anywhere between Dec 2 - 18

Thanks!
Positioning to BOS plus BOS-DFW-ICN-DFW-(BOS) in PE for $1294 will get you 25000+ EQM even without the last segment.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:37 am

Thanks guys for all the help. Booked heading to LHR then HKG and back.

Thanks!!!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There is a mileage run forum where people list the good deals they find that can help people earn miles/make status. Give it a check to see if anything listed meets your needs. Be sure to verify with BA's system that you'll earn the Tier Points you need.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:08 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a probably impossible one given my budget.
Need 9,000 EQM and 2500 EQD
Budget: 500
Departure: PBI, FLL, MIA
Dates: Any weekend now-december

I was looking at this http://www.secretflying.com/posts/us...418-roundtrip/. I can do MIA-MLA for 488 in coach, books into fare code N. It would only give me 1k EQD but would give me 10k EQM. It includes flights via Air Malta and I dont see earning rates via AA so I wonder if they would earn at all.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
12,383 EQM
$1,771 EQD

(Thanks to @swingaling for helping me get here)

Based out of NYC area & need to reach 12.5K EQM and $2K EQD by Dec 18. I've got some paper vouchers and AA GC that could help bring prices down as well. Thanks!
swingaling likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sgan317
Hey Guys,

I have a probably impossible one given my budget.
Need 9,000 EQM and 2500 EQD
Budget: 500
Departure: PBI, FLL, MIA
Dates: Any weekend now-december

I was looking at this http://www.secretflying.com/posts/us...418-roundtrip/. I can do MIA-MLA for 488 in coach, books into fare code N. It would only give me 1k EQD but would give me 10k EQM. It includes flights via Air Malta and I dont see earning rates via AA so I wonder if they would earn at all.
The Air Malta flights are BA codeshares, I assume? They won't earn anything with AA.

The EQM will take care of itself, you need EQDs. So if you need 2,500 EQD and want to spend less than that, you'll need to fly 12,500 actual miles at a bare minimum (assuming partner PE fare with a 20% EQD earn rate). PE fares are not going to be anywhere near $500, so that's out. That leaves economy fares. If you're trying to get this done with economy fares, be prepared to fly 25,000 actual miles (if you can find a fare that earns at a 10% rate). A lot of BA's discount Y fares earn at only 5%, which translates into 50k flown miles.

As far as an itinerary, getting a 25,000 mile trip on a single ticket is challenging and usually expensive (absent a fare sale). $500 is just completely unrealistic for $2,500 EQDs. Maybe you'll find something, but I wouldn't invest much time in it. It's really late in the year at this point, and good deals are very scarce in December.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA
EOY Mileage Run AA

Departure Airport: MCO
Miles Needed: 5,000
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: 19 or 21 DEC 17
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: American

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated - so close to platinum this year!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dukboki
Departure Airport: MCO
Miles Needed: 5,000
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: 19 or 21 DEC 17
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: American

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated - so close to platinum this year!
MCO-CLT-DCA-BOS//BOS-CLT-MCO on AA in J for $492 5,400 EQM
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:53 pm

Thanks to the advice here in the forum, I'll achieve Platinum Pro with my combined business travel and one trip to Europe in December. Yay!
Now I'm considering possibility to make even one more step. But my time in December is very limited, and I need to make up most of the required additional miles to EXP. My thought is that maybe there's an option to do it by leveraging a premium fare. But might be too expensive? Nor sure about the options.

Departure Airport: RDU but I can position anywhere in US.
Miles Needed: 20.000 - 25.000 (I can stretch my work flights a little)
Required Spend or Budget: EQD is reached; I'd consider up to ~ $1,600
Available Travel Dates: That's the major limit. I want to keep it to 48 hours and it's basically just remaining 12/28-12/30.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: I still have 2 SWU, but if it's a premium fare that's not needed so code share would work too.
atxtraveler likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:18 pm

Anyway I can get this for $500 so I get plat pro next year? I could do a special fare by purchasing through chase. Not sure it is worth just getting any $1100 ticket

Departure Airport: NYC (LGA, EWR, JFK)
Miles Needed: 10,000 EQM $1,100 EQD
Required Spend or Budget: ~$500
Available Travel Dates: Nov 24-27, dec 1-3, 9-11, 15-18, 28-31 (ideally get what I need and come back Jan 1 if the flight comes back on 31)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: No limits as long as I get the AA EQD/EQM
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Doesn't even need to be to the continent - UK Business also returns 40 TP each way....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.