Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qr: Alg-foc $177 ow, $344 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BA Humbug
Party Boys & Girls & Dates
billybligh, Apr 22 2016
mattking2000, Feb 2017

Positioning Flights
OW - AMM (RJ) | DOH (QR) | LGW (BA) | MAD (IB)
*A - CAI (MS) | FRA (LH) | GVA (LX) | IST (TK) | LIS (TP)
ST - MED (SV) | MXP (AZ) | CDG (AF) | FCO (AZ)
Unaffiliated - BCN (VY) | DXB (EK) | CMN (AT)

"Insight" on Air Algerie...: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/225051

Hotels
Hilton Algiers (resort)
Sofitel Algiers
Mercure Alger Aeroport (free shuttle, located off airport)
Sheraton Club Towers (resort)

Shangri-La Fuzhou
Westin Fuzhou

Visa Information (be sure to state the nationalities for which the rules apply!

Things to do in Algeria

Things to do in Fuzhou
Print Wikipost

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qr: Alg-foc $177 ow, $344 rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Why is everyone getting so excited? Isn't this ticket for sure 10000000% absolutely, without question, going to be cancelled and not honored by QR?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: LH&BA
Received eticket today by Qatar for my one way trip in October. Have booked through Qatar, got immediate confirmation same day and now they issued the eticket,not sure what that means.

QATAR AIRWAYS ALG CTO DATE: 31 MAR 2016
11,RUE DE DOUDOU MOKHTAR AGENT: 6421
ZEPHIR CENTER,BEN AKNOUN NAME: xxxx/ xXxX MR
ALGIERS FQTV: xxxx
IATA : 038 11345
TELEPHONE : +213 23 38 13 51

ISSUING AIRLINE : QATAR AIRWAYS
T
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by whimike
Why is everyone getting so excited? Isn't this ticket for sure 10000000% absolutely, without question, going to be cancelled and not honored by QR?
Where's the excitement? They are just discussing eventual positioning flights. What are you contributing to this thread really? What is your excitement about seeing this not honoured?

Originally Posted by tkwetina
Received eticket today by Qatar for my one way trip in October. Have booked through Qatar, got immediate confirmation same day and now they issued the eticket,not sure what that means.

QATAR AIRWAYS ALG CTO DATE: 31 MAR 2016
11,RUE DE DOUDOU MOKHTAR AGENT: 6421
ZEPHIR CENTER,BEN AKNOUN NAME: xxxx/ xXxX MR
ALGIERS FQTV: xxxx
IATA : 038 11345
TELEPHONE : +213 23 38 13 51

ISSUING AIRLINE : QATAR AIRWAYS
T
It means you are good to go for the moment.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:34 am

I am always happy and thankful for any fare posted in this forum. Even it gets cancelled it is so much fun and excitement.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:37 am

It means you are good to go for the moment.[/QUOTE]

Was just surprised they sent this but thanks for the support.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Where's the excitement? They are just discussing eventual positioning flights. What are you contributing to this thread really? What is your excitement about seeing this not honoured?

I want to see it honored, as I bought a ticket. I was talking about all the naysayers in this thread that said the ticket for sure will not be honored, but here we are 10 days later and it is still not cancelled.

What am I contributing to this thread? Really?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat

I want to see it honored, as I bought a ticket. I was talking about all the naysayers in this thread that said the ticket for sure will not be honored, but here we are 10 days later and it is still not cancelled.

I think your sarcasm might've gotten lost on its way to ALG
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
I think your sarcasm might've gotten lost on its way to ALG
My bad, sorry I didn't get on this train, but I surely hope it goes on schedule
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, VA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Eagerly awaiting whether this sticks. Thought it would have been cancelled thus far....
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:25 am

You can be quite positive this one will stick. Unlike what the "gurus" predicted earlier
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:41 am

You can be quite positive this one will stick. Unlike what the "gurus" predicted earlier
I had a funny dream last night. When arriving to check in at ALG, the agent said "nono, no" :-)
Someone is leaving on the 22nd of April so we will have to wait and see ;-)
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Good to see there are positive gurus, too

Which is fine, as long as all gurus understand that their predictions will have not one iota difference on the outcome.

The healthy thing about negative projections is that they might put people off making those non-refundable ancillary arrangements for flights and hotels until they know for sure the trip is going ahead.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
...until they know for sure the trip is going ahead.
With these fares, there's always a risk and there's no date/action past which everything is guaranteed unless the airline confirms it publicly. Right?

If you want to play this game, you take your chances things might go wrong.

I am pretty certain that at this point, this will proceed as booked and ticketed ^
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Slobodansm
I had a funny dream last night. When arriving to check in at ALG, the agent said "nono, no" :-)
Someone is leaving on the 22nd of April so we will have to wait and see ;-)
Wonder how they handled this is in the past. My travel is due later but need to make visa arrangements. Not sure how this will effect my next trips to the U.S. as boarder control is always suspicious when seeing stamps from unfriendly countries. Booked a one way with the idea of exit in HKG. To be safe visa for China must be issued cause I would ask myself if they wouldn't allow boarding without it.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by tkwetina
Wonder how they handled this is in the past. My travel is due later but need to make visa arrangements. Not sure how this will effect my next trips to the U.S. as boarder control is always suspicious when seeing stamps from unfriendly countries. Booked a one way with the idea of exit in HKG. To be safe visa for China must be issued cause I would ask myself if they wouldn't allow boarding without it.
So yes to those with the experience, if one's reservation includes a 4 day stop-over in Hong Kong, before continuing to FOC, will a Chinese visa be required upon check-in at ALG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.