Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qr: Alg-foc $177 ow, $344 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BA Humbug
Party Boys & Girls & Dates
billybligh, Apr 22 2016
mattking2000, Feb 2017

Positioning Flights
OW - AMM (RJ) | DOH (QR) | LGW (BA) | MAD (IB)
*A - CAI (MS) | FRA (LH) | GVA (LX) | IST (TK) | LIS (TP)
ST - MED (SV) | MXP (AZ) | CDG (AF) | FCO (AZ)
Unaffiliated - BCN (VY) | DXB (EK) | CMN (AT)

"Insight" on Air Algerie...: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/225051

Hotels
Hilton Algiers (resort)
Sofitel Algiers
Mercure Alger Aeroport (free shuttle, located off airport)
Sheraton Club Towers (resort)

Shangri-La Fuzhou
Westin Fuzhou

Visa Information (be sure to state the nationalities for which the rules apply!

Things to do in Algeria

Things to do in Fuzhou
Print Wikipost

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qr: Alg-foc $177 ow, $344 rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
I think we need to know who's on first? I'm apr 22 16. without at least two trip successful reports using twov for this. I'm definitely booking a same day return or something onward and out of ALG to position. If anyone has any ideas of hidden city ticketing to ALG please share or cheap return flights.

PS.. I was denied boarding on a similar mistake a few years back on ethiad. that was in BKK, A much more forgiving station. And if memory serves me correct no one really thanked or asked me about that ordeal. I posted in the thread and it went dead silent. still remember FTKraven flew it and my wife and I were second up. Not so lucky.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...tt=o;sc=e;a=AH

maybe not the cheapest or exciting positioning flight but should be safe I think?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
10 days (and counting) and everything still shows up as confirmed. What do you all think?
There's never a guarantee, but the more time passes, the better odds.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:37 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Let's stay positive everyone! I'd wait 10 more days for positioning flights.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:08 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by billybligh
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...tt=o;sc=e;a=AH

maybe not the cheapest or exciting positioning flight but should be safe I think?
Consult an expert on this, but I believe this constitutes cabotage and if you make contact with airport staff, it will look very suspicious.

I also took the liberty to create a wee little wiki to help with everyone who wants to make plans. I don't recommend making any commitments until closer to the date, but it's still fun to plan and dream
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Consult an expert on this, but I believe this constitutes cabotage and if you make contact with airport staff, it will look very suspicious.

I also took the liberty to create a wee little wiki to help with everyone who wants to make plans. I don't recommend making any commitments until closer to the date, but it's still fun to plan and dream
There's no cabotage in Europe/EU, let alone third world Africa.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: SQ
There are plenty of cheap one-way fares to ALG from BCN and VLC on Vueling. Around $50. Paris is cheap too. So is Geneve. Just go on Wikipedia and see all the flights that go there and try to find the cheapest one.

The best I could do from the U.S. hidden-citying a flight was this:
http://goo.gl/flights/XyyB
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:46 am

I am not sure many US based FTers booked this if any
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:15 pm
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Seriously? Madrid to Barcelona via Africa is not cabotage ??

I thought it wasn't cabotage as long as it remained within the EU, e.g. Madrid to Barcelona via Paris.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Definitely not that many. Something that might be in favour of the ones who did book.
Enough of you jerks to take the good seats
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Seriously? Madrid to Barcelona via Africa is not cabotage ??

I thought it wasn't cabotage as long as it remained within the EU, e.g. Madrid to Barcelona via Paris.
Cabotage is the carriage of passengers between two points in one country by an aircraft registered in another.

I doubt that Air Algerie is marketing and ticketing between Madrid and Barcelona via Algiers: though I doubt anyone would care if they did. Certainly there's nothing to stop you buying separate tickets for each of the two sectors, if you wish.

All EU carriers have cabotage rights within all EU states: meaning easyJet can operate between Lisbon and Funchal, for example.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nonsense - Europe is cabotage central. Not only is any EU carrier able to fly within any EU country, the freedom has been taken up by a number of airlines.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Was gonna jump on this, though the dates simply couldn't work out for me. Good luck y'all who managed to book!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:27 pm
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Cabotage is the carriage of passengers between two points in one country by an aircraft registered in another.

I doubt that Air Algerie is marketing and ticketing between Madrid and Barcelona via Algiers: though I doubt anyone would care if they did. Certainly there's nothing to stop you buying separate tickets for each of the two sectors, if you wish.

All EU carriers have cabotage rights within all EU states: meaning easyJet can operate between Lisbon and Funchal, for example.
I think something got lost in the flurry of posts, as this was what I was referring to (link posted earlier upthread):

However, it appears to error out when you click through to pay so AH appears to be following the rules.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think something got lost in the flurry of posts, as this was what I was referring to (link posted earlier upthread):

However, it appears to error out when you click through to pay so AH appears to be following the rules.
Ah, yes - see what you mean, the map is misleading! A 5 hour flight between Madrid and Barcelona was a clue all might not be as it seemed.

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with Air Algerie selling tickets on two separate flights to get you between the two cities via Algiers. After all, anyone crazy enough can buy a ticket to get from London to Manchester on AA with a quick turnround in JFK

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 31, 2016 at 2:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.