Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

I need to spend 1783.00 on Delta to get to gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need to spend 1783.00 on Delta to get to gold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by javabytes
By the time you exclude taxes and government imposed fees that are not eligible for MQD earnings, typically around 15% of the total fare, it's not that far out of line. And if you're going to spend $1,783 on DL but can get far more MQMs per $$$ if you spend closer to $2k, then why not?

Though the bigger question I'd be asking... is a year of Gold really worth $1,783 to you? To each his own, but I really don't consider Gold benefits to be worth anywhere near that amount when you're talking about pure out-of-pocket spend solely for the purpose of obtaining status.
I have to echo this - how much benefit will you really be getting from Gold next year, versus not spending the $1700 on a mileage run this year and just spending whatever you need to next year to cover any extra baggage fees, lounge passes, or FCM? I suspect just paying for "benefits" a la carte next year will be less out of pocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.