Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:37 am

Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
You can't actually book that and get ticket numbers. But I hope that I am wrong for your sake Good luck!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Phantom/Ghost Prices

I helped a couple of friends and people on here get tickets on Saturday AFTER it was announced by some that it was dead. (Thanks to Redkeeper for her advice as well). Since then I have tried to help a few others and have looked at various sites. A few places still list it (cheapfareguru, kayak, vayama, and skyscanner), but when you enter the CC info, no dates are available. I am now thinking it is dead as these appear to be phantom/ghost fares.

Last edited by Nicksterguy; Jun 16, 2014 at 8:27 am Reason: Damn spelling errors
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
I helped a coupled friends and people on here get tickets on Saturday AFTER it was announced by some that it was dead. (Thanks to Redkeeper for her advice as well). Since then I have tried to help a few others and have looked at various sites. A few places still list it (cheapfareguru, kayak, vayama, and skyscanner), but when you enter the CC info, no dates are available. I am now thinking it is dead as these appear to be phantom/ghost fares.
^
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:07 am

I'm hoping for some guidance on coming up with a fare such as this. I am very frugal and I love the work you guys do. I believe this fare is dead, but would I simply run a search in skyscanner with these airports and copy OP's dates and search? Would that search be smart enough to replicate the layover etc.? I just tried replicating OP's search in skyscanner and got $1,200+ so either it's dead and no longer ghosting or I'm doing it wrong. Any help is huge! I'm just beginning to learn
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by bawalsh88
I'm hoping for some guidance on coming up with a fare such as this. I am very frugal and I love the work you guys do. I believe this fare is dead, but would I simply run a search in skyscanner with these airports and copy OP's dates and search? Would that search be smart enough to replicate the layover etc.? I just tried replicating OP's search in skyscanner and got $1,200+ so either it's dead and no longer ghosting or I'm doing it wrong. Any help is huge! I'm just beginning to learn
Hi, welcome to FT.

Yes, normally if you entered the dates exactly as posted here, you would get the same flight choices as the poster, unless one of the segments sells out in a particular fare class. (For example, if a connecting flight DTW-YYZ is on a regional jet, this will sell out much faster than the YYZ-NRT segment on a 300-passenger 777, as there will be many more discount economy seats available on that flight).

You can also use multi-city search with specific times, to get as close to the itin as that posted here.

However, this fare is dead, and has been for a while.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:22 am

notsosmart thanks alot for the validation... I was hoping it would be that simple. BTW your flightmemory history is quite impressive
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notsosmart
Hi, welcome to FT.

Yes, normally if you entered the dates exactly as posted here, you would get the same flight choices as the poster, unless one of the segments sells out in a particular fare class. (For example, if a connecting flight DTW-YYZ is on a regional jet, this will sell out much faster than the YYZ-NRT segment on a 300-passenger 777, as there will be many more discount economy seats available on that flight).

You can also use multi-city search with specific times, to get as close to the itin as that posted here.

However, this fare is dead, and has been for a while.
Off topic BUT I truly appreciated the way that notsosmart handled this request from a newbie. I have grown tired of the cynical remarks that some of my old time colleagues on here have made to new comers. We all need to be kind and provide guidance (within reason). We also should remember that just a few weeks ago - it was a newbie (with only two posts) that gave us an excellent deal on here.

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Off topic BUT I truly appreciated the way that notsosmart handled this request from a newbie. I have grown tired of the cynical remarks that some of my old time colleagues on here have made to new comers. We all need to be kind and provide guidance (within reason). We also should remember that just a few weeks ago - it was a newbie (with only two posts) that gave us an excellent deal on here.

Thanks
+1
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by why fly
+1
Add on to this praise. No one fell out of the womb with extensive knowledge of everything. Some walked faster vs. others but everyone required a bit of learning.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hey there, Since this Trip seems to be hapening for some. I am Happy to Start a Naygoa Do for Sunday 10/26. Seems most of us will be there that day (either MSP or DTW) departures. If interest is there lets set it up. I am open to anyting and we can make it a group activity. Perhaps Sightseeing during the day and dinner or Lunch for the independents. What say you? Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
LINK for Nagoya"NGO DO" October 26th, 2014

Link has all the details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post23043730
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
^
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Subway Punch Card / 8 subs collected to date!

Thanks
I agree.
10 years ago, the people on this board were always so helpful and willing to share...nice job notsosmart^^
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Your connection of 70 minutes at NRT should be fine. I would not advise that time for many other airports but would not hesitate to book it at NRT. I had a JAL to UA connection that requied a terminal change and it took all of 20 minutes from gate to gate. Even when it looks like there is a line it goes quickly at NRT in my experience.
Thanks! My prior experiences at NRT have been very smooth and quick, but dom->intl will be new to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.