Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

NGO DO 10/25 9:30 PM Chicken Wings and Beer at Yamachan

Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Hi there,

Please let us know, if you have Interest in attending the "NGO DO" on Sunday October 26th 2014. Seems that most FTers whom got in on the DTW and MSP AC Fare will be in town that day. Looking to meet up with other FTers that day? Well this is what the "NGO DO" is all about. Lets keep it open to interest for now, then can finalize our plans closer to the date. How about taking in some of the sights, sounds and flavors of NGO? Perhaps a tour, a lunch, or even a beer or two at a local Izakaya..

I am in for sure

See Post #2 for Interested Parties

Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 21, 2014 at 5:09 pm Reason: changed title
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Interested Parties:

Flying Machine
DFWFairy +1
redreeper
imslippy
Flinders
gunney07
frank_10B plus 1

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 9, 2014 at 8:17 am
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:31 pm

On the other hand if you're looking to cancel or something just let me know and I'll gladly take your tickets! Very bummed I missed this, have fun
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bawalsh88
On the other hand if you're looking to cancel or something just let me know and I'll gladly take your tickets! Very bummed I missed this, have fun
Are name changes still an option? I didn't know airlines still did that...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by bawalsh88

Originally Posted by iruvmattree
Are name changes still an option? I didn't know airlines still did that...

I wasnt sure if it was a sarcastic reply or not since there were no smilies.

No it cannot be transferred to anyone. There are tricks that may or may not work for domestic (have not tried any) but physical passport verification makes it not possible for international.

Either way back to discussing the meet-ups which is what this is for. You can always continue to discuss the deal, in the deal thread.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
I and the misses are in. Still looking for a flight from DFW-DTW on the day before. Probably gonna stay near the airport that night. We are on the 0915 flight the next day DTW-YYZ (tried to avoid the prop plane on a later time)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Sounds great! I'm travelling solo so it would be nice to meet up. Thanks for organizing

Should we wiki at the top of this thread our flights/dates so folks travelling on other dates can try to meet up as well?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Nagoya "NGO DO" October 26th 2014

I can't say for certain. I'll say maybe for now =p
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
A tentative yes. Thanks for organizing things!

I still have to decide how I want to do my positioning flights...I haven't decided if I want to throw away the YYZ-DTW segment and book YYZ-WAS to get home sooner.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC

I'm thinking about ditching the last leg but unless i find some cheap YYZ-DFW flts, we will prob stick with it.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hertz

Looks like the return on the 28th out of nrt is cancelled and they are trying to send me ngo-nrt then hnd-yyz-msp with only a 3 hour connection from nrt to hnd. I've been trying to get this changed but still on hold.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:07 am

No luck with cheapoair yet. Still haven't been able to get anyone on the phone or chat
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:30 am

I finally got a hold of cheapo they changed me to a ngo-nrt-ord-msp since it was an Ana ticket stock
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
gunney07, did you keep your original ngo-nrt flight, or did you switch that one too? I have the same issue and I will be calling them tomorrow. I'm waffling between accepting the change and hoping for a one minute schedule change which would make the TYO airport transfers an illegal connection (3 hrs is MCT NRT-HND on NH) so I have more flexibility to change routings, or simply to go via ORD on the return.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:10 pm

I got to keep the original 2:40 Ana flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.