Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by bawalsh88
I'm hoping for some guidance on coming up with a fare such as this. I am very frugal and I love the work you guys do. I believe this fare is dead, but would I simply run a search in skyscanner with these airports and copy OP's dates and search? Would that search be smart enough to replicate the layover etc.? I just tried replicating OP's search in skyscanner and got $1,200+ so either it's dead and no longer ghosting or I'm doing it wrong. Any help is huge! I'm just beginning to learn
notsosmart's advice is spot on.

I try more than one OTA; some are better about actually ticketing these things (see some of the prior discussion about Vayama as the deal was dying). If I can replicate the OP's find, I look at the fare rules to see if there are restrictions that help my search for other dates where the deal might be live (for example, if the fare has a restriction that the outbound must commence on a Tuesday and has a three day minimum stay, those rules give you a starting on point for when you might be able to find the fare on different dates).

Other advice is hang out here and just watch; you can learn patterns which can help you build on something an OP finds to see if something works for you or from your home airport. E.g. the fare posted might be an attack on one carrier's hubs by another, like this one probably was intended, and a different origin might be easier for you to position to.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:32 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
If you have specific questions about transiting at NRT (or other Japanese airports), I suggest you do a search on the Japan forum, as it has a wealth of information on this topic.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
Off topic BUT I truly appreciated the way that notsosmart handled this request from a newbie. I have grown tired of the cynical remarks that some of my old time colleagues on here have made to new comers. We all need to be kind and provide guidance (within reason). We also should remember that just a few weeks ago - it was a newbie (with only two posts) that gave us an excellent deal on here.

Thanks
^
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
is this deal gone?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:26 am

@Pbd456

Yes it's gone now, just got a price update from skyscanner
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by AMSAP
@Pbd456

Yes it's gone now, just got a price update from skyscanner
thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
Did anyone see this available at any point from SLC or CVG? Obviously dead now but I'm just curious.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
Yes the deal is dead. The fare filed by AC was $77/$127/$177 when it was alive and add $100 in taxes etc, that gave you the prices. That fare no longer exists (per EF).

I also did not see the same fares from CVG. Posters mentioned MSP and ATL but that fare was not there in the 100-200 mile radius of CVG at least.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by topcat_dcx
Yes the deal is dead. The fare filed by AC was $77/$127/$177 when it was alive and add $100 in taxes etc, that gave you the prices. That fare no longer exists (per EF).

I also did not see the same fares from CVG. Posters mentioned MSP and ATL but that fare was not there in the 100-200 mile radius of CVG at least.
Thanks topcat_dcx for your information. Was this Fare pulled quickly once it was filed.. Just curious to know.. Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jun 17, 2014 at 10:20 am
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
We do need to remember that many read these boards. (Airlines and OTA). This was definitely a valid fare which was a bargain!

I don't believe there has been a mistake fare posted on here in years. But some very nice, excellent valid sale fares.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
We do need to remember that many read these boards. (Airlines and OTA). This was definitely a valid fare which was a bargain!

I don't believe there has been a mistake fare posted on here in years. But some very nice, excellent valid sale fares.
I agree and see updated post..
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks topcat_dcx for your information. Was this Fare pulled quickly once it was filed.. Just curious to know.. Thanks and Safe Travels
No vacay dates left with the Skyteam RTW thing, so I did not end up booking this deal.

Ofcourse 3 hrs later, I was frantically trying to ticket it because my FT sanity took over and told me it was too good to pass up
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC *P

Not to sidetrack from this thread, but your second paragraph is incorrect. The $0 base fares for UA and DL were posted within the last 12 months.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
Not to sidetrack from this thread, but your second paragraph is incorrect. The $0 base fares for UA and DL were posted within the last 12 months.
Yes - but the whole purpose of my comment regarding calling these mistake fares and the reason NOT to was obviously lost in translation based on your post. Unfortunately, you did not understand what I was saying.

Last edited by Nicksterguy; Jun 17, 2014 at 6:56 pm Reason: .....
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
If one wants to get all weasel-wordy, then perhaps: there are no such things as mistake fares; they are all by God's design. More seriously, if the flights originate or terminate in the US, then everything ought be set once ticketed. At this point, I wouldn't think it rational to worry. I welcome corrections and/or recriminations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.