Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:29 pm

You can select your seats directly on Wideroe. Hopefully you selected English as your language. Made navigating the site for this information easy.
Not seeing this. Lots of info but no seats assignment.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by dantorsiello
Now that it seems to be over, the question I have is will I need any special documentation to go LGA-YUL-FRA-MPX other than a US passport?
Canadian Transit Visa and Deutsche Reisedurchfall Permit.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA MP Silver
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
The Mileage Run forum should have a min # of posts required to access...too many trolls lurking under the bridge these days. Sorry, just annoyed with the # of new peeps coming out of the woodwork. All for sharing of course but follow the rules!
Pretty unfair rule. Some of us signed up because of this deal, have followed the rules, and helped others in the process.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaBumper
Anyone have experience with arriving at MXP and transferring to an Easyjet flight in another terminal? Looking at landing at 8:40 and catching a 10:30 to PRG - feeling like it's probably doable but risky....
If you have luggage, I would advise a bit more time. One time it took me a good 3hrs to get through the luggage line, granted that was a GTW (big EasyJet airport). 840+1hr custom will cut it REALLY close. Better safe than sorry.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA, DL, M&M, IHG, HH, Best Western, Accor
Anyone have experience with arriving at MXP and transferring to an Easyjet flight in another terminal? Looking at landing at 8:40 and catching a 10:30 to PRG - feeling like it's probably doable but risky....
It can be done, but what if plane is late or your baggage is checked by customs ?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ilovesf
Pretty unfair rule. Some of us signed up because of this deal, have followed the rules, and helped others in the process.
I agree. I normally don't post because I don't want to add unnecessary noise to the thread.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Thanks all - exactly what I was really thinking, maybe we'll go see the Last Supper and take the evening flight to Prague
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ilovesf
True true...I apologize...typed before thinking rationally. That is the beauty of this forum and I too have learned a ton over the years. Anyway, stay on target.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks all - exactly what I was really thinking, maybe we'll go see the Last Supper and take the evening flight to Prague
heh that sounds worth it. how many people get to say, "darn i missed my flight - might as well go see the last supper."

Be sure, when the dust settles, to prebook it in advance.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Book early for the last supper! Tickets are limited each day!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by dantorsiello
Now that it seems to be over, the question I have is will I need any special documentation to go LGA-YUL-FRA-MPX other than a US passport?
Special documentation to go from the US to Europe with a US passport? You're joking right?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by jesslonguf
Question for more seasoned flyers: I'm flying LGA - YUL, YUL - FRA, FRA - MXP. I only have a 40 minute layover in Frankfurt. Does this seem like enough time?
40 minutes at FRA is tough. You'd need everything to be on time and really rush.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines
When are we expecting an announcement from either Wideroe or United?

Or what are the odds that neither even releases a statement at all about these flights?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:50 pm

Correct, I'm not really a poster, but a regular lurker.

I booked on 2 tickets 11/23 at 6:54PM EST and received confirmations on 11/24 at 5:02AM EST

3/24-4/2 with United ticket numbers, "1,604.00 NOK (261.92 USD) Total for all passengers" - Made my weekend!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by bigbellytraveler
you might wanna check up on this. i cant remember where but I thought I read Frankfurt makes you go thru immigration even if u are in transit.
You will definitely need to go through immigration on this routing (or anywhere in Europe when flying from Canada or the US).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.