Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Still no response from Wideroe? Hmmmmm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:56 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Conspiracy Theory!

Article claims Wideroe not only knew about the lack of fuel surcharge but fanned the flames on it.

http://www.autoslash.com/blog-and-ti...ted-for-a-ride
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA; British Avios
I it dead

Im sorry but I got late to the party!...
I cannot seem to replicate any of the previous displayed fares on any route..
Is it dead??
Just to confirm im doing it right, I went to https://www.wideroe.no/en and started putting random dates flying out of EWR to OSL and different parts in europe with no luck whatsoever..
all the fares in Jan or Feb come out to over 600+bucks round trip.
Am I doing it wrong? or its just gone
thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Article claims Wideroe not only knew about the lack of fuel surcharge but fanned the flames on it.

Gotta be something in their contract that prohibits them profiting from a known mistake like that. They probably even have a duty to report it and stop issuing tickets from the moment they learn of the problem.

Seems pretty irresponsible.

And I can't see how Amadeus wouldn't drop them now.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by abrutus
Is it dead??
Just to confirm im doing it right, I went to https://www.wideroe.no/en and started putting random dates flying out of EWR to OSL and different parts in europe with no luck whatsoever..
thanks!
deader* than dead

(*deader is not actually a word, please do not use in real life situations)
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by abrutus
Is it dead??
thanks!
Your way late to the party, NYC-mxp was avail this morning, but i believe that has been gone since this morning
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
AC Upgradable with miles?

Is it possible to upgrade filights purchase on this deal (L,K) fare using AC miles? If so is it even a good idea? How much would it cost for JFK-MXP?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Ticketed!!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Ticketed!!
Sweet. I still have one more itin in limbo. Glad to see they are still cranking.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kshahk
Is it possible to upgrade filights purchase on this deal (L,K) fare using AC miles? If so is it even a good idea? How much would it cost for JFK-MXP?
K,L are discount economy fares on AC. It would be almost unheard of for an FFP to allow mileage upgrades on discount economy class tickets.

Your FFP T&Cs will quickly tell you.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat

wow that's interesting.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Ticketed after 50 hours.

No fraud alert on my card, not sure if i should call my bank just in case. Its not abnormal for me to have international charges on my debit card so i think it might be OK. Hate to have it cancelled in the middle of the night

Put in my time off request. No hotels needed since its only 7 or 8 hours on the ground. Luckily in DXB the PP lounges have showers, unfortunately that will cut into my on the ground time but hey cant stink up the plane now
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
I just thought of something .... I don't think it matters....but.I'm not entirely sure.... I booked tickets for my husband, daughter and me, and only used our first names in the booking. I did not use middle names. Does that matter? Middle names are in our passports.
Won't matter.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Interesting article.. and so nice to see a travel blog post with creative, original material.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:35 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Ticketed after 50 hours.

No fraud alert on my card, not sure if i should call my bank just in case. Its not abnormal for me to have international charges on my debit card so i think it might be OK. Hate to have it cancelled in the middle of the night

Put in my time off request. No hotels needed since its only 7 or 8 hours on the ground. Luckily in DXB the PP lounges have showers, unfortunately that will cut into my on the ground time but hey cant stink up the plane now
Don't care to check out the city for a day or two?

I guess, I understand mileage runs as anyone else but the nomad in me loves using this as a chance to see other parts of the world for cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.