Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by KelseyR
I'm in the same boat, need to cancel my first reservation on AC. I booked mine about 7 hours ago and it can find my reservation with the PNR and email now (I was getting the same message as you for the first couple hours), but there's still no cancel link.
Hmm...good to know it's just probably a processing time issue with it not recognizing my email, but not good to know that there is still no cancel link haha. I guess we still have xx amount of hours to cancel, but not sure what to consider if we're at 23h and no cancel link has appeared...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by dogloverjb
I did a similar thing yesterday. Didn't use my middle initial so I rebooked the same dates and then went to UA site and canceled the one I didn't want. I couldn't find any link in the emails or on the site. My flight canceled with no problems. I don't know if this would work for AC.
Unfortunately, the AC site says to call for any changes or cancellations...so, not doing that! Hopefully, if it tickets, it'll give the cancel option at that point like someone said.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: Costco Club
On a side note, I'm noticing some weird airlines popping up in the search now, HA, US and Brussels, same city pairs the last few nights and didn't see any of those, all of them are at regular price.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Looks like I missed out on this one. Tried various routes and dates anyway, but no success.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by meehgz
Hmm...good to know it's just probably a processing time issue with it not recognizing my email, but not good to know that there is still no cancel link haha. I guess we still have xx amount of hours to cancel, but not sure what to consider if we're at 23h and no cancel link has appeared...
When I go through the My Trips link it emailed, it says:
"No receipts are issued by now for this booking.
Please use CheckMyTrip below for booking details."

But ditto, really need to cancel this, not sure what my plan of attack will be at ~22hrs.

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Poop. After doing some research, crediting an AC K fare on US only results in 50% mileage accrual. So much for MRing on AC to get EQM on US which would then theoretically transfer to AA.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...aircanada.html

Can still credit to UA for 100% mileage.

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by FirstClassSE
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMiles

Nonstop?

Can you think? Nonstop on AC from New York? Really, I mean REALLY!?
No, these flights have stopover in YUL or YYZ and one stop in Europe.
No need to flame me. Just a simple question
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

LN-MOW: Great find!!

Hopefully, the error (costs) will be UA's.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dantorsiello
Just booked LGA to MXP for $480 total for my girlfriend and I on 2/12 to 2/17. Perfect timing for work and, with it being Valentine's Day, I'll be able to propose to my girlfriend. I have the confirmation code, but nothing on my Chase card and waiting to be ticketed.
Give chase a call because they may have blocked the transaction. I had the same thing. Nothing on my card. Then email and text telling me my card didnt work.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:44 pm

I've finally got my DUB-EWR ticketed. Had an email earlier about card refused and a call from Amex fraud prevention. Got sorted within the 2 hour window and receipt was sent about 3 hours after that.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Booked yesterday 1pm, got fraud text from Wideroe at 8am, woke up at 945am and saw it(!) and used a different card (Chase) and it was ticketed in 30 minutes.
Yay!
ORD-IAD-DXB and return
2/13-2/17
$395ai
Thanks to OP!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by MissMiles
No need to flame me. Just a simple question
No, your absolutely right. I am sorry.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by dantorsiello
with it being Valentine's Day, I'll be able to propose to my girlfriend.
Aww, thats sweet.
Wish you all the best and good luck!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Tried yesterday 12am after getting home and it seemed to be long gone. Seems like I have missed one of the deals of the year. Reading the thread brings me joy and sadness at the same time. Gonna be combing through to see what some of the prices and destinatinos members were getting from SEA.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:03 pm

Now got the CC problems for the children tickets. Fingers crossed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.