Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Exiled in Express
Name your visit

beckoa 24 February- 6 March, 2014 *might not stay the whole time in BUE
Exiled in Express BsAs 10 March to 15 March, MEX 9 March.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:26 pm

Can this be marked dead? Everytime I see this thread on top it gets my hopes up.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Well, I almost bit with a MEX-EZE-MEX right in front of the existing Easter Island/SCL trip. The EZE visa fee put a damper on a 3-4 dayer like that, and I couldn't find another slot for doing it as a longer standalone (if only April or May were do-able).

Looks like the MEX-IPC (Easter Island) RT is still up for a number of days in February and March at MXN 6218 (appx. $473).
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:18 pm

I snagged two of these and one has been ticketed. Saw an email from Citi fraud protection and called them, turns out they declined one of the charges from AA for fraud prevention. I guess I'll have to call AA to have them reprocess the transaction. Not sure if they would honor the reservation now, any tips on how I can have them reprocess and still not alert them to the fact that his may have been a mistake fare.

Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:32 pm

Does anyone know if I can leave the airport to visit Lima, Peru and Santiago, Chile during my ~7 hour to explore each city for a few hours? Do those countries require I purchase a visa like Argentina does? I am a US citizen.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by keegster51
Does anyone know if I can leave the airport to visit Lima, Peru and Santiago, Chile during my ~7 hour to explore each city for a few hours? Do those countries require I purchase a visa like Argentina does? I am a US citizen.
I've done Lima before, and they just give you a visa stamp upon arrival just like in the EU

The real fun begins when you leave the airport and you get to pay gringo prices for the taxis
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:44 pm

For US Citizens, the state department website lists the requirements
http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html
For Non US Citizens, IATA's Timatic database is accessible through the Star Alliance website
http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...sa-and-health/

Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by pnq91
I've done Lima before, and they just give you a visa stamp upon arrival just like in the EU

The real fun begins when you leave the airport and you get to pay gringo prices for the taxis
Thank you! I actually have never been out of the country before, this will be my first time. Hopefully everything turns out okay. Any recommendations what we should do during our 7 hour layover in Lima?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by thesatishk
For US Citizens, the state department website lists the requirements
http://travel.state.gov/travel/travel_1744.html
For Non US Citizens, IATA's Timatic database is accessible through the Star Alliance website
http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...sa-and-health/

Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:31 pm

Thank you! I actually have never been out of the country before, this will be my first time. Hopefully everything turns out okay. Any recommendations what we should do during our 7 hour layover in Lima?

I have the same question, but for a 6 hour layover with a 2yo.

BA is great, you should love it. Be careful of pickpockets (especially on the buses) and try to do the free BA tours (they have a day tour and a night tour).

www.bafreetour.com
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Here's a handy-dandy slideshow on 10 things to do in Lima

If it were me, I'd take a taxi to Larcomar in Miraflores, walk around a bit along the Malecon and/or toward Parque Kennedy, and get some Ceviche either at La Mar or Punto Azul (the latter easily reachable on foot).

Larco museum is also worth a look, though in a different part of town. There are also the historic sites around the center. Lima is not particularly compact, though, and you'd have to budget a good bit of time to/from the airport.

Last edited by RustyC; Nov 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Now what to do with a LA coded Aeromexico flight...
+1
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by JamesQ
Be careful of pickpockets...
...and the counterfeit bills that float around town. I've had more than a couple taxi drivers try to pawn off some funny money.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
...and the counterfeit bills that float around town. I've had more than a couple taxi drivers try to pawn off some funny money.
How can I tell what money is funny, it all looks funny when I look at it.

and stay away from the street money changers.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Here's a good 12-page thread on Tripadvisor on currency exchange in Argentina:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._District.html
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
7hrs Lim

Originally Posted by RustyC
Here's a handy-dandy slideshow on 10 things to do in Lima

If it were me, I'd take a taxi to Larcomar in Miraflores, walk around a bit along the Malecon and/or toward Parque Kennedy, and get some Ceviche either at La Mar or Punto Azul (the latter easily reachable on foot).

Larco museum is also worth a look, though in a different part of town. There are also the historic sites around the center. Lima is not particularly compact, though, and you'd have to budget a good bit of time to/from the airport.
I agree with you. I am from Lima. For a 7hr stop, get a taxi at one of the taxi booths right after exiting customs.Theyre safer and can take you to Larcomar (google it for pics and how to spend your time and have ceviche with a great view to the ocean) . Then head back to the airport in one of the taxis at the marriott right in front. Enjoy it! R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.