Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Exiled in Express
Name your visit

beckoa 24 February- 6 March, 2014 *might not stay the whole time in BUE
Exiled in Express BsAs 10 March to 15 March, MEX 9 March.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Any travel reports on this one yet? Two weeks to departure for me.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Depart Sunday...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Depart Sunday...
Saturday for me. Have the InterCon held on IHG points, but still shopping.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Saturday for me. Have the InterCon held on IHG points, but still shopping.
Holiday Inn Express on points for me, still shopping and at least part of the stay will be blue dollar paid.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:34 pm

Holiday Inn Express on points for me, still shopping and at least part of the stay will be blue dollar paid.
I'm spending my fist night at the Holiday Inn EZE because I get in at 20:00 then moving to the InterCon, mainly because it was only 5K more the the HIE in Puerto Madero.

I have been to that HIE, however, and it's a solid property. Very handy the the Manuel Tienda Leon bus terminal.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Just got back on my EZE run. LAN was great and can't wait for them to screw up the fares again. I flew Aeromexico from IAH to MEX for $175. Sat in MEX for 7 hours. Kind of board but how can you complain. The LAN counter didn't open till noon so I sat on the floor for hours doing nothing. Went to Lima for a overnight, that was great. I hired a taxi to drive me around for 4 hours to see the city. The miraflores area was very nice. Lima airport can be a zoo, but I had a child so I got priority in all the security lines. Stayed in EZE for 5 nights in the recoleta area. Had a great time. Did another overnight in MEX on the way back and stayed at the St Regis cash and points. Had no problems with LAN so enjoy your trip. Just a tip, I would stay in the Recoleta area because its very safe at night, and many dining options around that you can walk to. The area comes alive with many locals going out. Stay near the mall. Anything in the center can get a bit rough after dark. I felt no danger ever and got a good exchange rate on my money from another flyertalk member who lives there. PM me if you want his contact information. Better to change it with a trusted member then play around on Florida Street. Best part was my child airfare was only $89 making this deal all that much better. On the plane my wife said I cant believe you got these tickets for $1000. She thought it was $375 per ticket.

Last edited by nwa330; Feb 22, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation

here's my travel report so far on this $129 fare MEX-EZE - Trip Report: My Mileage Run Vacation to Buenos Aires and Mexico City - http://first2board.com/pointssummary...s-mexico-city/
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by unleashlife
Any reports of how each of these segments are posting to AA?

I'll be flying it soon, hoping to squeeze every EQM towards my elite status this year.
i earned full EQM's from MEX-LIM & LIM-MEX, 25% EQM's from LIM-EZE & EZE-LIM (intra-south america L class) .. still 2cpm for my $129 fare
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
I sent my parents on this (unaccompanied elders? ). They flew down a couple days ago, reported some snafu with lounge access in MEX but otherwise no problems. There are no showers in the MEX AC, so no great loss...

Of course, my parents are off playing tourist in Patagonia right now, so I can't confirm for sure that the airline has not unilaterally canceled their return ticket, but I reckon they (and you) will be just fine.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:03 pm

I took my trip feb 15th - 20th. LAN was excellent. Waiting on it to post to AS.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
In ba right now, no problems from lan, will be flying back on tuesday
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by jammanxc
i earned full EQM's from MEX-LIM & LIM-MEX, 25% EQM's from LIM-EZE & EZE-LIM (intra-south america L class) .. still 2cpm for my $129 fare
The aa chart says you get 100% eqm for L fares, did you receive a different amount? Also, does anyone know if the "within south america designation for n class fares at 25% eqm" would apply to lim-mex. it would seem that you could argue that this would only apply to routes that don't leave the continent.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:10 pm

i tried to credit to AS but even though all my flights had LAN flight numbers, only two posted, the ones operated directly by LAN (LAN Chile? i dunno). the flights that were operated by LAN Peru and LAN Argentina did not post. oh well.

can i write to AA and see if i can get credit for those?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lovenola
The aa chart says you get 100% eqm for L fares, did you receive a different amount? Also, does anyone know if the "within south america designation for n class fares at 25% eqm" would apply to lim-mex. it would seem that you could argue that this would only apply to routes that don't leave the continent.
Last time I checked, Mexico was still in North America.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jonk
i tried to credit to AS but even though all my flights had LAN flight numbers, only two posted, the ones operated directly by LAN (LAN Chile? i dunno). the flights that were operated by LAN Peru and LAN Argentina did not post. oh well.

can i write to AA and see if i can get credit for those?
For AS credit the flight number must begin with LA (i.e. Operated by LAN Chile) and contain these eligible flight numbers.

Eligible Flight Numbers

1 - 1343
1400 - 1943
2000 - 2943
4000 - 4943

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...tners/lan.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.