Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Exiled in Express
Name your visit

beckoa 24 February- 6 March, 2014 *might not stay the whole time in BUE
Exiled in Express BsAs 10 March to 15 March, MEX 9 March.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Just chatted with Aeromexico and they were able to sign me an exit row seat. Thanks Maverick.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by sis22
How is everyone getting to MEX?
I booked a flight from TIJ, much cheaper than LAX for me. If I wasn't going to be in LA, I woulda used Avios probably via DFW. AA has offseason miles awards to MEX if you're timing is right. But I think this fall is passed already, and not sure when they start again in 2014.

Most of you doing this as a MR? Anyone have a good itinerary for Argentina? I'm thinking to do Iguazu and maybe Ushaia, not spend much time in EZE.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
Anyone have a good itinerary for Argentina? I'm thinking to do Iguazu and maybe Ushaia, not spend much time in EZE.
i'm spending a couple days in EZE and then heading up to Salta for 3 days just for something different (booked using Membership Rewards --> Flying Blue --> Aerolineas Argentinas)

Salta: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/tr...tina.html?_r=1
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by jonk
i'm spending a couple days in EZE and then heading up to Salta for 3 days just for something different (booked using Membership Rewards --> Flying Blue --> Aerolineas Argentinas)
does booking with Flying Blue offer advantages over DL -> Aerolineas Argentinas or Avios -> LAN Argentina? i was thinking to burn up my skypesos as they allow an openjaw.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:55 am

does booking with Flying Blue offer advantages over DL -> Aerolineas Argentinas or Avios -> LAN Argentina? i was thinking to burn up my skypesos as they allow an openjaw.
with DL it was a ridiculous redemption level. i'd imagine you could do quite well with Avios but iirc it wasn't showing as available on the dates i wanted or it wasn't flying to the right airport (i need EZE, not Newberry).
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:58 am

with DL it was a ridiculous redemption level. i'd imagine you could do quite well with Avios but iirc it wasn't showing as available on the dates i wanted or it wasn't flying to the right airport (i need EZE, not Newberry).
thanks i'll look into flying blue a little then.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
I used MR transferred to Air France to book a direct roundtrip on Aeromexico IAD-MEX for 25k and $105. It was a PITA at first though cause Air France was having issues grabbing award seats on AM for the last week.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:22 pm

Most of you doing this as a MR? Anyone have a good itinerary for Argentina? I'm thinking to do Iguazu and maybe Ushaia, not spend much time in EZE.

Salta: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/tr...tina.html?_r=1
I went to Salta, and I agree it would be a nice place to visit for a few days. Definitely hike (or take the tram if you must) up Cerro de San Bernando. La Quebrada de San Lorenzo was just okay, but you might have a better experience if you take one of the horseback rides. There's a castle on the road to the quebrada. It's a hotel and a restaurant, never tried it but it looks awesome. Castillo de San Lorenzo.

[Edit] I'm surprised that NYT article didn't talk about el tren a las nubes (train to the clouds). It's expensive but its one of the more famous attractions in Salta. Didn't do it myself.
Also, there's a really cheap train that runs from Buenos Aires to Rosario and on to Cordobá. Apparently it's a rough ride, but perfect if you're cheap and a masochist.

Iguaçu would be amazing. I haven't been there. I met a couple taking a 20 hour bus ride from Salta to get to the falls! If you like wine, might as well go to Mendoza. And you can take a bus over the Andes to Santiago. You don't have to pay the visa for Chile if you arrive by bus, or at least you didn't have to 6 months ago.

Last edited by maskedmesothorium; Nov 20, 2013 at 8:29 pm
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
I went to Salta
cool, thanks for the tips! i'll be working remotely from there so half of my days are gone; hopefully i can fit everything i want to do in!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:37 am

i got to MEX and am throwing away this ticket, unless someone with better fare rules knowledge than me has any tips on cancelling. some unforeseen issues back at home, it'll be a lot cheaper for me in the long run to just head home now.

for anyone interested in upgrades on AM, you might check out optiontown. mine cleared from TIJ the day before at around 30 bucks. luckily hadn't purchased yet for the two flights on this ticket. some forums say bad things about them, so buyer beware. i definitely wouldn't buy it months or even weeks in advance and float them the ca$h.

also MEX is a decent stop for the various ruins and museums. there is a Hampton for 10K points a night that is central and pretty nice that I stayed at.

PM me if you want to know anything else on my limited MEX and optiontown experience.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

For those traveling Jan 18-Mar 31, UA and AA have some good deals to MEX (at least from ORD and WAS). Might want to check your city as well. $261 r/t ai from ORD, $199 r/t from WAS. Just keep in mind that if you are connecting to your MEX-EZE itinerary the same day, there is a terminal change involved from UA/AA to Aeromexico or LAN -- allow lots of transit time.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:15 pm

I was able to book a one way from SFO-GRU for $474 via Mexico City to connect with a Trans Atlantic Cruise. Its for April on AeroMexico/TAM. Not as good as $138 but waaay better than $1750(:.

Its booked in M Class on AeroMexico and L Class on TAM and earns miles.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:42 pm

I had to cancel my ticket for Saturday.

Anyone know if it's worth fighting for the Mexican Airport Departure Tax (itemized as XD, ~50 CAD) or the Mexican Tourist Tax (itemized as UK, ~26 CAD)?

As my ticket was wholly unused, I'm wondering of these usage-based fees are due back to my FOP...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:17 pm
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
Any reports of how each of these segments are posting to AA?

I'll be flying it soon, hoping to squeeze every EQM towards my elite status this year.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I had to cancel my ticket for Saturday.

Anyone know if it's worth fighting for the Mexican Airport Departure Tax (itemized as XD, ~50 CAD) or the Mexican Tourist Tax (itemized as UK, ~26 CAD)?

As my ticket was wholly unused, I'm wondering of these usage-based fees are due back to my FOP...
I also need to cancel, positioning costs where too much for the long flight to EZE and could use the vacation days in a different location... was in EZE (hence the username) last month...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.