Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AM: ATL-CDG $557 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AM: ATL-CDG $557 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Hell hath no fury like a moderator scorned...

Has anyone booked this with a stopover in MEX?
Did not book with an official stopover, but do have 22 hours in MEX, somewhat purposely. It was one option presented, so didn't really have to try.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
How on earth do you people get this to work? I have used the methods suggested above and get quotes of thousands of dollars. It either works or it doesn't, and I just don't have time to sit forever in front of a computer screen fiddling endlessly. So good luck to you all.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/view/c...d-586923250eea

Simple example of workable days. Plug them into a multi-city search on several OTAs.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by KyBrewer
Did not book with an official stopover, but do have 22 hours in MEX, somewhat purposely. It was one option presented, so didn't really have to try.
Good one! The maximum I've seen my preferred dates is 12 hours.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Grabbed one for a long weekend in January. Looking forward to the ride on the 787. Many thanks to the OP!

Noticed the DL ATL-MEX segments on the code share flights show up as NOT UPGRADE ELIGIBLE. Is that right? Don't worry, not going to call and ask.

Last edited by ats262; Jul 25, 2013 at 6:07 pm
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by ats262
Grabbed one for a long weekend in January. Looking forward to the ride on the 787. Many thanks to the OP!

Noticed the DL ATL-MEX segments on the code share flights show up as NOT UPGRADE ELIGIBLE. Is that right? Don't worry, not going to call and ask.
According to some research in the Delta forum, day-of-departure upgrades are possible.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
No issues here with OTA-bookings being considered "unpublished" fares by DL as has been reported in the past ?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Travelomania
No issues here with OTA-bookings being considered "unpublished" fares by DL as has been reported in the past ?
It's not unpublished. Orbitz et. al. are not consolidators and the fare (and its rules) are available on ExpertFlyer.com (and I imagine KVS too).
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
It's not unpublished. Orbitz et. al. are not consolidators and the fare (and its rules) are available on ExpertFlyer.com (and I imagine KVS too).
Thanks for the quick confirmation ^
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by BackOfTheBus
Priceline.com works well. Select Aeromexico as preferred airline.
Thank you BoB, secured the itin. ITA showed.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors DM, Waffle House Golden Hashbrowns Member
Orb*** worked best for me. It seemed to show additional flight options than what I saw on ITA for some reason. Booked 12 hour layover in MEX and 30 hours in Paris for $557. A nice combo sightseeing mileage run.
Thanks OP!

Last edited by Pack_Mule_Traveler; Jul 25, 2013 at 10:48 pm Reason: fare change
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Grrrr... FlexPerks Rewards booking engine isn't showing any AM even when I make that airline the preference or format it as a multi-city with or without AM as preference. AM is invisible to The Rewards Center even as it's showing on public T-locity.

I seem to remember a similar problem last year on the WAS-LIM deal on AM. I had to use the phone backup, which of course has limited hours and isn't open at this hour. Fare might be gone by the time it is. FlexPerk's own version of the .bomb.

(For those not following, I'm trying to spend points to get this rather than $$, so I can't try multiple sites)

Fare looks very mistakey, BTW. Fares to other cities in the region AM serves (BCN, MAD, LON) aren't following the pattern. So DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE!!!!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Well, happy ending: Deal's still around, so I was able to call FlexPerks and get in for 10/29-11/4 for 30K FlexPoints ($557.20 equivalent, verified the N code). Four hours in MEX on the way over, three hours on way back.

Would work out to about $0.0396 per EQM, and I'll value the RDMs earned at $422.64. In my case if I substitute $600 for the 30K points (as that's the max ticket value they'll buy), it changes to $0.043 per EQM. Also puts me over top for plat, though with upcoming changes that might not have the value it did.

Am also noticing some AF V class RT fares from CDG to other cities in the region at 99 euros, so if I'm reading it right you could jump off to places like BCN or AMS and get miles on that ticket as well.

Thanks to OP for finding. FareCompare Deal Finder still isn't showing it.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
Am also noticing some AF V class RT fares from CDG to other cities in the region at 99 euros, so if I'm reading it right you could jump off to places like BCN or AMS and get miles on that ticket as well.
Thanks ^ - I've got to snatch some tix to BCN to attend a conference - instead of using my avios.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
Thanks OP, booked for end of October.^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.