Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AM: ATL-CDG $557 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AM: ATL-CDG $557 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
We should call DL and tell them about this fare
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:39 am

My booked itinerary is DL-AM-AF-DL, are these segments other than AM also eligible for mileage earning on AS? What are their booking classes?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by RustyC
Well, happy ending: Deal's still around, so I was able to call FlexPerks and get in for 10/29-11/4 for 30K FlexPoints ($557.20 equivalent, verified the N code). Four hours in MEX on the way over, three hours on way back.

Would work out to about $0.0396 per EQM, and I'll value the RDMs earned at $422.64. In my case if I substitute $600 for the 30K points (as that's the max ticket value they'll buy), it changes to $0.043 per EQM. Also puts me over top for plat, though with upcoming changes that might not have the value it did.

Am also noticing some AF V class RT fares from CDG to other cities in the region at 99 euros, so if I'm reading it right you could jump off to places like BCN or AMS and get miles on that ticket as well.

Thanks to OP for finding. FareCompare Deal Finder still isn't showing it.
I just called Flex rewards and they were not able to price it out the same. I ended up booking with Priceline.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Quick question: where does one find the fare class on PL ?
Can I just trust the $557.20 on PL to be N class ?

FWIW: the big O and EXP are now quoting other fare classes

Last edited by Travelomania; Jul 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm Reason: to add
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Quick question: where does one find the fare class on PL ?
Can I just trust the $557.20 on PL to be N class ?

FWIW: the big O and EXP are now quoting other fare classes
Click on "Choose Itinerary" and scroll down to "Important Information" section, and click on "Fare Rules and Restrictions" link. Fare code basis will be displaced.

It appears that PL does not allow a quick turn around MR trip.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dalat767
Click on "Choose Itinerary" and scroll down to "Important Information" section, and click on "Fare Rules and Restrictions" link. Fare code basis will be displaced.
Thanks .... but no code basis for me

Fare Rules and Restrictions

All tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable, and changes may not be allowed. The specific fare rules associated with your ticket can be reviewed post purchase along with your itinerary on our website. Airline policies vary; if changes are allowed, they must be made prior to the date of departure, and most carriers charge a minimum change fee of $150.00 USD per ticket on domestic tickets and $250 USD per ticket on international tickets in addition to a $30.00 USD per ticket service fee and any increase in fare. Processing fees, if applied, are non-refundable.

If you do not use your tickets, and do not make changes to your itinerary prior to your date of departure, your tickets will have no value and cannot be refunded or exchanged.

Last edited by Travelomania; Jul 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm Reason: bold text
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Thanks .... but no code basis for me
Clear your cookies.
Here is an excerpt from their fare rules and restriction,
"Fare Rules and Restrictions
From: Mexico City (Benito Juarez Intl Airport) To: Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport)
Fare Basis Code: NRLXBG
NO PEN RESTRICTIONPENALTIES - NO RESTRICTIONDAY/TIME
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - RULE 0002 IN IPRG
APPLIES
FOR MIDWEEK FARES
PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU FROM THE GATEWAY.SEASONS
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - RULE 0003 IN IPRG
APPLIES
BETWEEN AREA 1 AND FRANCE FOR BASIC SEASON FARES
ORIGINATING AREA 1 -
PERMITTED 28OCT THROUGH 12DEC OR 28DEC THROUGHBLACKOUTS - NO RESTRICTIONFLT APPLIC - NO RESTRICTIONSTOPOVERS - NO RESTRICTIONSURCHARGES - NO RESTRICTIONTRANSFERS - NO RESTRICTIONCOMBINABLTY
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED.
ADD-ONS PERMITTED.
END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH DOMESTICADV RES/TKT
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - RULE 0005 IN IPRG
APPLIES
FROM/TO AREA 2
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS.
WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 60 DAYS BEFOREACCOM PSGR - NO RESTRICTIONPFCS MAY VARY BY RTG
ROUTING 1 FROM-TO ATL-MEX-PAR*OTHER DISC
NOTE -
NO DISCOUNT.CHILD DISC - NO RESTRICTIONELIGIBILITY - NO RESTRICTIONTRVL RESTR
FOR N- TYPE FARES WITH FOOTNOTE 10
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON EACH TRIP ON/AFTER
01OCT 13.SALES RESTR
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05AUG 13.
EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY IS NOT PERMITTED.
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIEDTKT ENDORSE - NO RESTRICTIONAPPLICATION
ECONOMY FARES BETWEEN US/CA AND AREA 2
APPLICATION
AREA
THESE FARES APPLYINDUSTRY FARE TYPE - XEX - REGULAR EXCURSIONMPM - AT 5268 VIA NORTH ATLANTICMIN STAY - NO RESTRICTION
MAX STAY - NO RESTRICTIONNET RESTR - NO RESTRICTIONATLPAR-AM 31OCT13 *RULE DISPLAY* TARIFF 0001 RULE USE1 * ADD APPLICABLE TAX * FED INSP FEES *
-FARE BASIS USD NUC PTC FT GI
NRLXBG R 427.00 427.00 ADT EX AT

BOOKING CODES NFIRST TRAVEL - 1OCT13 LAST TICKETING - 5AUG13VOLUNTARY CHANGE RULES APPLY - SEE PENALTY NOTES
"
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
ITA still showing with a fair selection of dates, starting 10/29. Haven't listened to Clark Howard on the radio in a while, but if he's still doing "Friday flyer" or just drops it in as a travel tip, it could get burned out. It appears the low YR is the thing on this one.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by RustyC
ITA still showing with a fair selection of dates, starting 10/29. Haven't listened to Clark Howard on the radio in a while, but if he's still doing "Friday flyer" or just drops it in as a travel tip, it could get burned out. It appears the low YR is the thing on this one.
I don't think it's the YR. The YR on other flights from US to Europe on Aeromexico matches. (I checked ATL-MAD, and it was $1.40 each way.)
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:57 pm

Thumbs up Thanks OP

Thanks Dalat767 - appreciate your help ^
I know the fare basis code and booked already a couple of tix - gotta LOVE Paris (je t'adore)

The problem was the weekend of 10/31 - there was apparently no availability any longer and OTA's were showing different fare codes with higher pricing.

FWIW: PL will only show the fare booking code POST purchase
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Got DL's "sale" e-mail and it looks like $608 is their HALF-RT ($1,216 RT) on ATL-CDG. But they'll fly you straight there.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:59 pm

A little bit off topic, how is their long-haul services? I cannot find a trip report regarding their economy class.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Looks like I didn't pull the trigger fast enough on this one. The cheapest I'm finding is $882 for any 0-3 night trips from 10/1 to 12/31, and there are only a handful of trips under $1000.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors DM, Waffle House Golden Hashbrowns Member
Yep, does look dead. I wanted to get one more...Oh Well. Knew it wasn't going to last
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dalat767
A little bit off topic, how is their long-haul services? I cannot find a trip report regarding their economy class.
My itin has only one AM-operated flight (the 787), but based on the IAD-LIM trip of last year I'd say mediocre but tolerable. About as much to look forward to as DL and AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.