Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
where is this fare? how come i cant find it!!!
Old May 12, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
This particular deal is sold out and to my knowledge there have not been any more tickets that went through for over a week. Sorry. Note: One person has just got the fare BUT that person picked a substantially longer trip, instead of one of the less than a week turnarounds.

If I were you, I would search again in late April/early May for mid May to mid June flights to Japan next year, as similar deals seem to recur over the years at the time. It will be my second visit to Japan one of these great fares in May, although only my first to Tokyo. You could also try reviewing the trick it thread, if you can stand the ego and the posturings, since there are sometimes good fares posted there. Happy hunting! Deals to Japan just don't seem to be that rare, but they do come and go, which can frustrate people.

Last edited by peachfront; May 12, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Old May 12, 2012, 1:50 pm

I land on the 25th so I'll be there May 26, 27, 28, fly out on the 29th. If tide and weather permit, I hope to visit the mudflats near HND to study the Japanese birds, and in general I plan to do more outdoor stuff like gardens, shrines, etc. but if there are any events or get-togethers planned of more general interest to flyertalkers, let me know! I believe there will be a number of people there for the Memorial Day weekend but I don't know how easy it will be to find each other or settle on a common interest or place to meet.

I was VERY tempted to grab one of the longer trips but I've got to economize somewhere so I decided on this shorter trip. Should still be quite amazing.

Originally Posted by BHARPIY
.. was expecting a rejection email from vayama.. but a confirmation came instead. I am going from 17th may to june 5th! Excited.. anyone else going to be in Japan during this timeframe? I'm traveling by myself. This was certainly a great fare!
Cheers!

Last edited by peachfront; May 12, 2012 at 1:57 pm
Old May 12, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AAdvantage, OnePass, FlyingBlue
Question

How are you guys booking this? The cheapest I get is $1500
Old May 12, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Delta, United Airlines
Originally Posted by JamesL77
How are you guys booking this? The cheapest I get is $1500
Fare is gone
Old May 12, 2012, 5:46 pm

This deal is dead but I think you can do better than $1500? Isn't Delta still offering a sale to Japan? I'm getting a number of dates for $1300 all in from MSY...around $1239 for many dates from JFK. No, not the rock bottom price but still beats $1500. Hubby always threatens to write a PERL script to check ITA etc. for cheap tickets quickly but I have him assigned to another project and don't want him distracted, so I have to "brute force" my searches and I do miss some sales. Got lucky this time...knock on wood!
Old May 12, 2012, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
I booked Wednesday before last when this first came out... could be it.
Ahh, yeah I suppose me waiting before making a decision to book didn't help things.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
There's a LAX-NRT for $840+ RT via SQ on an A380 if you're interested. Dates include this week of May with returns in June
Old May 13, 2012, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by peachfront
but if there are any events or get-togethers planned of more general interest to flyertalkers, let me know! I believe there will be a number of people there for the Memorial Day weekend but I don't know how easy it will be to find each other or settle on a common interest or place to meet.
I can probably set up a get together place for casual Japanesy dinner on Saturday, the 26th or something if you are interested. I am not bad at giving you guys directions so I am sure you can find the place. Let me know.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:16 am

Yes, the 26th would be good for me. Staying in Shinjuku area. Anyone else???
Old May 14, 2012, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
June 15 to 19
Old May 14, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
It appears I will earn around 13,000 miles on the JFK-KIX-JFK version. No miles for me on the local legs KIX-HND-KIX. Another 3,300 miles getting back and forth to NY. So as a Gold 32,000 miles picked up for an upcoming project of the approximately 60K I think I will need plus an interesting trip.
NW/DELTA has had a deal for a couple years now where you can get 500 bonus miles for any domestic Japan flight.

You need to fax a form

I have used to to double dip, and claim 150 (big wow) on ANA and 500 on Delta.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
It appears I will earn around 13,000 miles on the JFK-KIX-JFK version. No miles for me on the local legs KIX-HND-KIX. Another 3,300 miles getting back and forth to NY. So as a Gold 32,000 miles picked up for an upcoming project of the approximately 60K I think I will need plus an interesting trip.
NW/DELTA has had a deal for a couple years now where you can get 500 bonus miles for any domestic Japan flight.

You need to fax a form
Old May 15, 2012, 12:22 pm

Thanks. The fine print says you need to have a Japanese mailing address but I'll try it anyway and report back if they give me the mileage credit. Worth a try, right? :-)
Old May 16, 2012, 7:51 am
Suspended

Wishing a safe trip to those who managed to get the tickets.

I did get the dreaded e-mail declining to issue the ticket, but it turns out vayam did charge my credit card and did not refund it until the 14th. I had checked my credit card statement on line on the 7th around noon, after I made the booking around 1:00 a.m. on the 7th, but there was no charge. Soon after that the dreaded e-mail came around 4:00 p.m. I had meant to check my statement again, but forgot.
Today, I found out that the charge appeared on my statement on the 8th, affter Vayama had already decided not to issue the ticket and the refund was not issued until the 14th. This is really bad.
Has anyone else had their credit card charged?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.