Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by BeeOnRope
As a Canadian, I got doubly burned when Vayama rejected the booking. They had already charged my card, and didn't void the transaction, so they will presumably now issue a refund, meaning I'll get dinged 2.5% forex on both the purchase and the refund, costing me about $60 for two tickets that I was never issued in the first place.

If you dispute the claim and cite the cancellation email, your credit card company might reimburse you for the tax incurred. It's worked for me when I purchased from a Euro based OTA and got charged foreign transaction fee when the company cancelled my booking.
Old May 6, 2012, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Do you arrange your own transfer between KIX and ITM or does one of the airlines provide that?
Old May 6, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Do you arrange your own transfer between KIX and ITM or does one of the airlines provide that?
You would need to get yourself from ITM to KIX or vice versa. Cheaper at least than NRT to HND which I have done.
Old May 6, 2012, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davedeboston
You would need to get yourself from ITM to KIX or vice versa. Cheaper at least than NRT to HND which I have done.
Thanks. I know how to get to KIX from ITM or vice versa. Just wondered. BA includes a free transfer between LGW and LHR and DL, I am told provides free transfer between LGA and JFK. That;s why I wondered.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:09 am

Wow, if this deal is for real, there will be lots of FTers in HND later this month. I wish I could do something like this for JFK.

One of my friends is thinking of coming down here with this deal despite the fact it's DL

Should you have any questions or need suggestions for Tokyo, you can private message me.

Hope your ticket is valid and happy travels!
Old May 7, 2012, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
If you dispute the claim and cite the cancellation email, your credit card company might reimburse you for the tax incurred. It's worked for me when I purchased from a Euro based OTA and got charged foreign transaction fee when the company cancelled my booking.
Thanks, I will definitely try that. FWIW, and I guess because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried another booking, coming back a day later (May 31 -> June 11), and this time it went through, at least to the extent that I got a Ticket Confirmed & Receipt email this time.

So deal appears to be still alive as of today for some dates (assuming of course Vayama doesn't reverse ticketed flights as they have elsewhere).
Old May 7, 2012, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Just got the dreaded email from V. Booking rejected by the airline. For reference, I booked connected through KIX on the outbound, but ITM-KIX on the way back.

Has anyone been succesful with this one recently? Could be dead, but I might try again tonight and see if persistence pays off haha
Why does it take Vayama so long? It's about 15 hours between your two postings. It takes Vyayam that long to decide that the offered fare is bogus? Why does Vyama continue to offer the bogus fare if it's not acceptable to the airline?
I too made a booking to see what happens. Sure enough, around 15 hour mark, I got the same e-mail from Vyama. What 's going on? Are they so incompetent that they continue to advertise a fare even when the know it will not be accepted by the airline? Vayama is abusing the portion that the "fare is not guaranteed until it's ticketed". They offer a contract when they quote a fare, you accept the offer of contract by making a payment. Unless they are unable to receive a payment, the contract is done. This was not an itinerary that we made up segment by segment. Vyama made this itinerary up. Whatever system they are using should be able to put together validated itineraries. If the problem occurred at DL's end, why did Vyama continue to offer the fare?
I was not totally sold on the fare because JFK is a four hour drive with lots of tolls along the way, plus cost of a hotel of I use a train or bus. It's OK if a fare is pulled. But why continue to offer it for a week even after they know they cannot honour it/ That makes me angry even though the trip would require a monumental effrot to go to and from the airport. JFK is too far to drive and park and too close to fly with miles or cash.
Thanks, I will definitely try that. FWIW, and I guess because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried another booking, coming back a day later (May 31 -> June 11), and this time it went through, at least to the extent that I got a Ticket Confirmed & Receipt email this time.

So deal appears to be still alive as of today for some dates (assuming of course Vayama doesn't reverse ticketed flights as they have elsewhere).
I thought I would try it again. But the fare is not offered now.

Last edited by Yaatri; May 7, 2012 at 4:44 pm
Old May 7, 2012, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Why does it take Vayama so long? It's about 15 hours between your two postings. It takes Vyayam that long to decide that the offered fare is bogus? Why does Vyama continue to offer the bogus fare if it's not acceptable to the airline?
You're right on. I checked the emails when I got one and it was 14 hours. I tried again earlier today, and they canceled it six hours later. Maybe I'll try again with different dates.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:21 pm

Hope that works out! Looks like the deal is officially dead now. Can't bring up the price anymore so they finally got around to changing it haha
Old May 7, 2012, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Hope that works out! Looks like the deal is officially dead now. Can't bring up the price anymore so they finally got around to changing it haha
I too tried it. The itinerary still shows on DL under "My Trips".
Old May 11, 2012, 12:47 pm

I managed to get it somehow..

.. was expecting a rejection email from vayama.. but a confirmation came instead. I am going from 17th may to june 5th! Excited.. anyone else going to be in Japan during this timeframe? I'm traveling by myself. This was certainly a great fare!
Cheers!
Old May 11, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by BHARPIY
.. was expecting a rejection email from vayama.. but a confirmation came instead. I am going from 17th may to june 5th! Excited.. anyone else going to be in Japan during this timeframe? I'm traveling by myself. This was certainly a great fare!
Cheers!
That's awesome.^ I didn't book this one because some people started getting a rejection email (and I really couldn't get time off from work). Have a great time in Japan!!!
Old May 11, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by BHARPIY
Cheers!
Will be there from the 31 - 5.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Will be there from the 31 - 5.
That's exactly what I tried to book twice! haha This deal seemed almost random what got ticketed and what didn't. Enjoy Japan everyone who is going on this deal!
Old May 11, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
That's exactly what I tried to book twice! haha This deal seemed almost random what got ticketed and what didn't. Enjoy Japan everyone who is going on this deal!
I booked Wednesday before last when this first came out... could be it.

Last edited by MichaelKade; May 12, 2012 at 5:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.