Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] DL/NH/JL: JFK - HND via KIX - $517 ai r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Take away lesson here is: AVOID Vayama. Yea I'm acting tough on the internet, so what! I'll give them a Bahston beat down.

Last edited by tcook052; May 4, 2012 at 10:26 am Reason: content
Old May 4, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
I wouldn't be so hard on Vayama. It was a crap shoot booking it this as with all mistake fares and it clearly was a mistake fare. You make the reservation and hope that the airline/travel agent will decide to honor it. Yes I really really wanted to spend my Memorial Day Weekend in Japan but now I get to spend it on the beautiful beaches of New York....

Last edited by tcook052; May 4, 2012 at 10:26 am Reason: remove quote
Old May 4, 2012, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
i wonder if someone booked the ITM itinerary, vay would let it go through...
Old May 4, 2012, 9:49 am

Hey guys,0
I also book the flight from May 24 to May 29th.
Vayama also said my reservation status is "Ticketed", let see what they going to do about it. Hope they don't cancel it becasue is kind of my wife and I honeymoon.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
A great many people apparently booked the outgoing May 24 date of departure all at once. To me, it is clearly NOT a mistake fare, as I have traveled at this time of year to Japan on this price before. Is it possible that the mistake is that too many people all bought tickets for the same day, more people than there are actually seats available? I still have my seats, knock on wood.

I just don't get the mistake fare argument when, many times over the years, including last year, and going back at least to May 2005, there are many ticket sales in this price range from the U.S. to Japan in May and June. Clearly a seasonal event, if you ask me. Even my folks got one of these sales all the way through to Nagasaki one time, and they are not sophisticated frequent travelers. They didn't even collect their miles for their flight, and it was a double or triple mile (I forget which) promotion...argh!!!!!

The RGN is a different kettle of fish. Yes, that's somebody made a huge screw-up, and you don't necessarily expect it to be honored.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:33 am

I am getting good prices to come up for end of June and end of July from SEA. $547 - $633. However, when I go to book it is says
"Sorry, vayama could not confirm your itinerary with the airline(s).
We attempted to verify that seats in the booking class associated with the fare quoted were still available on each flight of your selected itinerary. However, due to changes in booking class availability by the airlines, the itinerary at this price is no longer available. Please note that other itineraries displayed below may still be available, so please select a different option."

Does this mean I am too late to the party?
Old May 4, 2012, 10:34 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by jmoore2333
The MQM pulled from this flight for Delta is 14922 at a CPM of $0.035 each. There are miles to be had from the Osaka-Tokyo legs but not with Skyteam.
So we get the full MQMs despite the single flight number JFK-SEA-KIX? (Maybe I'm getting mixed up with what UA does/used to do. So much FT floating around my brain...)
Old May 4, 2012, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As is noted in the MR Forum sticky please reserve all FD questions for that thread in the MR Discussion forum.

Thank you.

tcook052
MR Moderator
Old May 4, 2012, 10:44 am

I wondered about that too. I suspect not. My guestimate was more like 13,890 miles or so but I've been wrong before and will be wrong again...There is a place at Delta.com which shows this information but I have forgotten where it is.

Originally Posted by LGA
So we get the full MQMs despite the single flight number JFK-SEA-KIX? (Maybe I'm getting mixed up with what UA does/used to do. So much FT floating around my brain...)

Last edited by peachfront; May 4, 2012 at 10:55 am
Old May 4, 2012, 11:04 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by Josephmay
Sign up for a United account and have the NH flights credited there. Same goes if you chose any JAL segments credit them to AAdvantage or other Oneworld carriers.
JAL in G appears to earn nothing with an AA ff # since it's a domestic hop HND-KIX: Earning Miles on JAL

JAL in G is not detailed specifically on QF's Earning Miles on JAL page, so don't know if there's a point to that.

We should get 25% miles if using a BA number - hey, it'll extend the life of the BA miles, right? Earn BA Miles on OneWorld Airline Partners

ANA in H appears to earn 70% with a (COdba)UA ff#: Earn Miles on ANA (Same as US)

Well. Enough of that...
Old May 4, 2012, 1:18 pm

Def. still see this active - 5/31-6/6
Old May 6, 2012, 12:15 am

Just booked for 5/31 -6/5. Showed right up on delta.com but not ticketed yet so we'll see... Thought about it for a couple days but decided to pull the trigger.

One thing I thought of is that since the flight is direct from JFK to KIX, albeit with a change of planes (same flight #), the mileage will be as if you flew nonstop JFK to KIX and not JFK-SEA-KIX. So it comes to 13,860 RT instead of 14,880. Loss of about 1000 miles. Just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks to the OP!
Old May 6, 2012, 7:48 am

13,860 miles, then? Thanks. I'll fix my notes.

I think most folks went for the Memorial Day weekend dates but if anyone is actually on the ground in Tokyo on May 21, don't forget the eclipse:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120504f2.html

Some one on flyertalk gave me an EXCELLENT recommend for a hostel in Kyoto that I used on my first trip. I wonder if there is anything of that quality in Tyokyo...seems like there must be. The one in Kyoto was K's House.
Old May 6, 2012, 1:59 pm

As a Canadian, I got doubly burned when Vayama rejected the booking. They had already charged my card, and didn't void the transaction, so they will presumably now issue a refund, meaning I'll get dinged 2.5% forex on both the purchase and the refund, costing me about $60 for two tickets that I was never issued in the first place.

Old May 6, 2012, 3:36 pm

Just got the dreaded email from V. Booking rejected by the airline. For reference, I booked connected through KIX on the outbound, but ITM-KIX on the way back.

Has anyone been succesful with this one recently? Could be dead, but I might try again tonight and see if persistence pays off haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.